Source: $14-Billion Auto Bailout Plan Headed Toward Death in Senate

Well, I'm starting my business in this economy. The economy is a very relative thing. It can be just fine for me while it sucks for large numbers of other people.

I'm doing precisely what my dad did though. He started his business in 1974. In the middle of another recession. Why? cuz he worked for Ford and he was last hire and knew he'd be laid off first. Starting then and managing to make it through the Carter years of hyper-inflation and finally to a good economy under Reagan, he made millions from that start. (In spite, rather than because of Democrat policies).

Another Daddy's boy gonna get into the family business. Or get help from daddy. :clap2:

Depends where you live. You need about $150K to raise a family in NYC properly... and that's fairly modest.

so do you think nyc is an area with more or less air traffic than the norm? jesus, get over it. air traffic controllers are well compensated without a union.

Air Traffic Controllers

"Air traffic controllers earn relatively high pay and have good benefits. Median annual earnings of air traffic controllers in May 2006 were $117,240. The middle 50 percent earned between $86,860 and $142,210. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $59,410, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $145,600. The average annual salary, excluding overtime earnings, for air traffic controllers in the Federal Government—which employs 90 percent of all controllers—was $122,220 in May 2006.

The Air Traffic Control pay system classifies each air traffic facility into one of eight levels with corresponding pay bands. Under this pay system, controllers’ salaries are determined by the rating of the facility. Higher ratings usually mean higher controller salaries and greater demands on the controller’s judgment, skill, and decision-making ability.

Depending on length of service, air traffic controllers receive 13 to 26 days of paid vacation and 13 days of paid sick leave each year, in addition to life insurance and health benefits. Controllers also can retire at an earlier age and with fewer years of service than other Federal employees. Air traffic controllers are eligible to retire at age 50 with 20 years of service as an active air traffic controller or after 25 years of active service at any age. There is a mandatory retirement age of 56 for controllers who manage air traffic. However, Federal law provides for exemptions to the mandatory age of 56, up to age 61, for controllers having exceptional skills and experience."

Sealy claims to support the working class, but has nothing but contempt for those who want to start their own businesses.

no, he has contempt for anybody in America who has been successful,, without taking handouts.. that's where his contempt lies,, he's all for letting the detroit guys fuck up year after year after year and then we the little fairy people are supposed to wave our money bags over them.. he's a child..still in the basement at mama's house.

Sealy claims to support the working class, but has nothing but contempt for those who want to start their own businesses.

No, you guys are arrogant and think you should be able to pay people whatever you want because you own the business.

And I don't even consider you a fucking blip on the radar.

You think you and Honda and Bank of America all have something in common. You don't. You'll find out you are still one of us. They'll squash you too stupid. Japan or China will send someone over to do what you do cheaper and better and run you out of business. Or illegals will come in and you'll have to compete against that.

Last edited:
no, he has contempt for anybody in America who has been successful,, without taking handouts.. that's where his contempt lies,, he's all for letting the detroit guys fuck up year after year after year and then we the little fairy people are supposed to wave our money bags over them.. he's a child..still in the basement at mama's house.

You got Rep Robin Hayes quote all wrong willow.

Liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in God

Depends where you live. You need about $150K to raise a family in NYC properly... and that's fairly modest.

All I know is that the airlines and Republicans, since Reagan, have been fucking with the Air traffic controllers unions and just recently, asked them to take a huge paycut.

The result is massive fatigue across the air traffic control system. Overtime and fatigue were the controllers’ key issues in the contract negotiations. In April, despite NATCA’s offer of more than $1.4 billion in pay and benefit cuts, the FAA cut off talks and declared an impasse.

AFL-CIO NOW BLOG | When Will Bush FAA See Air Traffic Controller Staffing Crisis?

You seem to automatically side with the airline companies and against the workers.

No, you guys are arrogant and think you should be able to pay people whatever you want because you own the business.

And I don't even consider you a fucking blip on the radar.

You think you and Honda and Bank of America all have something in common. You don't. You'll find out you are still one of us. They'll squash you too stupid. Japan or China will send someone over to do what you do cheaper and better and run you out of business. Or illegals will come in and you'll have to compete against that.

If the people agree to work for a certain amount then I fail to see the problem. If they're not happy with their compensation they're free to refuse the job or quit. They're also free to go to college or a trade school to learn skills that would get them better jobs.

I really don't care what you consider me.

What? I'm a person, not an automaker or a bank. I've never claimed I'm not "one of you." Well when Japan or China takes my job I won't be in Washington begging for a handout, and I won't sit around collecting unemployment. I'll be too busy getting another job. I'm sure McDonald's would have no problem hiring me.

All I know is that the airlines and Republicans, since Reagan, have been fucking with the Air traffic controllers unions and just recently, asked them to take a huge paycut.

The result is massive fatigue across the air traffic control system. Overtime and fatigue were the controllers’ key issues in the contract negotiations. In April, despite NATCA’s offer of more than $1.4 billion in pay and benefit cuts, the FAA cut off talks and declared an impasse.

AFL-CIO NOW BLOG | When Will Bush FAA See Air Traffic Controller Staffing Crisis?

You seem to automatically side with the airline companies and against the workers.

airlines have nothing to do with how atcs get paid. maybe have somebody read it aloud to you so you'll understand.

somebody on the CNN financial channel just said it best, and I paraphrase.. "In 1999 Toyota and GM sat on equal amounts of money" "Toyota invested it's money in the Prius engine and GM invested it's money in the Hummer." End of story!

Forum List

Back