Source: $14-Billion Auto Bailout Plan Headed Toward Death in Senate

Discussion in 'Economy' started by WillowTree, Dec 11, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    DEVELOPING: The Senate's top democrat along with the White House made their final pleas for the $14-billion auto bailout bill even as some predicted the hard-fought legislation would be crushed by Senate Republicans by the end of the week.

"We have danced this tune long enough," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid declared at midmorning. He said he hoped for separate votes Thursday on compromise legislation backed by Democratic leaders and the White House, and a Republican version.

The emergency bailout bill -- approved 237-170 by the U.S. House of Representatives -- has angered many Republicans who claim it does not require enough accountability from auto makers. The Republicans have plans to filibuster the legislation to prevent its passage in the U.S. Senate.

Source: $14-Billion Auto Bailout Plan Headed Toward Death in Senate - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

2. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    good

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I 2nd that. Good.

4. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    GM will survive. Chrysler will not. Ford doesn't want the money. The Hedge Fund that owns Chrysler will. The CEO of Chrysler will continue to make millions while he fires 200,000 people.

It's a sad state of affairs, but only the strongest survive.

5. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    It's a shame your kind doesn't feel the same when it comes to people. Your philosophy there is, "The strong bust their ass, and the weak get handouts."

6. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Enough with 'bailouts' of failed busineses.

The gov isn't supposed to be in the employment business, it's supposed to do the business of the American people.

7. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,298
    Why do conservative republicans hate American workers? They praise those who rob and loot at the top, even apologize for them, but when it comes to Americans they become hard nosed social darwinists. Foreign countries support their car manufacturers, states give them big tax incentives to build here, yet conservative republicans who love shopping in cheap labor walmart, aka china made junk store - hate their fellow citizens enough they would hurt the entire country. Bizarre thinking to me. But do they love da rich, way too weird.

The Conservative Nanny State

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

they sure do, they hate em with a purkle passion, could you dramatize just a wee bit more,,??? DUMMie! :cuckoo: although I do give you kudos for memorizing yer lines..

9. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Who is "my people?"

This isn't a Jewish philosophy, this isn't an Israeli philosophy... I'm not a Democrat, Republican, conservative or liberal. So, I don't think you know who "my kind is."

10. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    According to Charley Gibson of ABC, there were developments late this afternoon that may breath new life into this POS. I still say it will pass even though it's against the will of the majority of the people.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the country goes broke trying to bail all these "to big to fail' companies out? I wonder how those several million workers will feel about supporting the rest of us :eek: