Sotomayor's stand for religious freedom....real?

She hasn't stood for anything. All that has occurred is that a stay has been signed so the arguments can be heard in court. It its the right thing to do no matter what side you are on and I am glad she made the right call. I did not expect her to.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

She hasn't stood for anything. All that has occurred is that a stay has been signed so the arguments can be heard in court. It its the right thing to do no matter what side you are on and I am glad she made the right call. I did not expect her to.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that Sotomayor made the right decisions. But I think these stays should not be automatic. My understanding of the case is that the nun's order is the owner and employer and the nuns are employees. The only non-Catholics potentially involved would be other employees. The balancing of interests should give benefit of the doubt to the order. In other cases like the Hobby Lobby case I would favor denying the stay as the employer and employees are distinctly separate, have opposing interests outside of religious considerations, and the interests of the employees would be harmed by a stay.

Forum List

Back