Violations of privacy all over the net now. WHY ?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Why are corporations so intent on the violating of peoples privacy, and also their rights to that privacy upon this net, and especially in the ways that google operates, and along with others it seems anymore ?

Why not just have a written set of rules or laws to abide by (i.e. an I-net constitution to be written maybe, and then laws of consumer protections written into it) ? Then if anyone violates the laws or rules, then let the law take action against those persons or corporations, while also reserving, and/or protecting everyone else's right to their privacy if being good citizens corporate or not ? I think peoples privacy and their freedom is to be earned just like it is with anything else as being the same in this nation. Otherwise once that privacy and freedom is earned, then it should be respected and protected unless a person or person's decide to break the law. Now when that happens it should be just like anything else in in this nation, where as one could be fined, and maybe even go to jail as a result of.

Example - I downloaded some free software from the net the other day, and when I did there was this search bot thingy that came with it to my surprise. I noticed this thing down on the tool bar at the bottom after the software download ended, and so I right clicked on it to see the properties of it next, but all it said was (hide). Ok, so I went to programs to get rid of this thing, and so I clicked on uninstall. It began I guess to uninstall, but there was no indication of this. So I got out of that area, and I returned to see if it had gone away once the uninstall had finished, but nope it was still there. So I went back to the uninstall programs area again, and I hit uninstall on this program again, and it said program is uninstalling or it is changed. CHANGED ? So I got out of that area again, and went to see if it had gone away, and this by restarting my computer. Nope it was still there.

Ok so I went back to uninstall again, and when I did it was now re-named as something else, but I could still recognize it by the description of it on the line. So I attacked again, and this time I was successful at getting rid of the thing. Then a yahoo tool bar also downloaded, and I caught it getting that thing gone as well.

Now how is it that corporations can design products that invade our computer without our permission, and then our laws or government doesn't represent our rights to not be invaded like this ? Also how can corporations sell our information to another without our permission as well, and especially without giving us part of the proceeds from that sell after doing so ? Another thing, how can we the people be protected from these band of thieves in our lives, and that is what everyone should want to know these days ? Why is it that the net is so wild, wild, west, and yet every thing else in America that is outside the net, is purty much sensible and done decent and in order for us ? Are the young people in this nation just this gullible these days ? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Given the information users voluntarily submit on sites like Facebook, complaints about privacy are kind stupid. If you have no public profiles and similar information out there that'd be one thing. But if you're a 'netizen' with profiles on multiple sites you've already signed away your rights to privacy.

If you don't want Google to track you then don't sign in or use a vpn and let Google think you're in Amsterdam.

There has never been, and there never will be, privacy on the internet. I've known that since the day I logged on, but when I started an online business, I was shocked at the level of information available to me. My website software kept track of the IP address of every person who accessed my website, so that I knew where they were from, and, if I had been so inclined, I could have found out who they were. I knew which products they had looked at and in what order. I could literally follow their mouse clicks around the website.

All of the information gleaned from the program helped me to know which products were the most popular, which got the most attention, and where my customers were from. It was very useful information in that regard, but it was also information that, in the wrong hands, would have been open to a lot of abuse.

Since that time, I have been very careful on the internet about where I go and what I look at, and most importantly, what I say. Because everything you say or do, can follow you home.

Example - I downloaded some free software from the net the other day, and when I did there was this search bot thingy that came with it to my surprise.

Now how is it that corporations can design products that invade our computer without our permission, and then our laws or government doesn't represent our rights to not be invaded like this ?

They had your permission when you downloaded their product.

Forum List

Back