Sotomayor Judo Throws the Obama Regime on ACA Mandate

QWB suggests that I do not believe in We the People congressional decisions and SCOTUS oversight.

Nope, that is the far right who believes their opinions should rule instead of the Rule of Law.

Good move by Sotomayor.

No, that was what you said when the mainstream Republicans wanted to repeal Obamacare, and you know it.

Sotomayor Judo Throws the Obama Regime on ACA Mandate

Sotomayor is now JimBowie's favorite squeeze.

Who ever thought that this law would not be massaged and adapted and reformed as necessary?

Good on for the Justice

Gee, I could have sworn that Jake the idiot thought that Obamacare was the law of the land, and that the will of "We the people" had triumphed over all the naysayers. Yet, suddenly, a progressive, pro government, justice sees a problem, and he says the law is open to revision.

Amazing.

Jake also believes Obama can "administer" the law any way he sees fit, ignoring certain provisions or simply not enforcing it as he deems necessary.

Jake believes that the President does not have to follow the law.

We will roo the day we follow Anatares advice and will.

No one has shown that BHO has administered the program in other than legal form.

Your dislike of him is merely opinion and means nothing in fact or evidence.

You all sound as bitter as unpaid whores.

QWB suggests that I do not believe in We the People congressional decisions and SCOTUS oversight.

Nope, that is the far right who believes their opinions should rule instead of the Rule of Law.

Good move by Sotomayor.

No, that was what you said when the mainstream Republicans wanted to repeal Obamacare, and you know it.

I said you did not have the votes to repeal, and guess what: when you shut down the government and threatened a worldwide depression over the debt, America turned against you.

How about that?

Dear God, did the dog fart again?

No, no, it was just Jake the Fake posting.

Sotomayor was right, JimBowie, and I am glad you agreed with her on that narrow ruling.

ACA is here to stay; it's that simple.

Gee, I could have sworn that Jake the idiot thought that Obamacare was the law of the land, and that the will of "We the people" had triumphed over all the naysayers. Yet, suddenly, a progressive, pro government, justice sees a problem, and he says the law is open to revision.

Amazing.

Jake also believes Obama can "administer" the law any way he sees fit, ignoring certain provisions or simply not enforcing it as he deems necessary.

Jake believes that the President does not have to follow the law.

We will roo the day we follow Anatares advice and will.

No one has shown that BHO has administered the program in other than legal form.

Your dislike of him is merely opinion and means nothing in fact or evidence.

You all sound as bitter as unpaid whores.

Jake YOU think he can do whatever he wants with the Law, you've made that clear....that you feel he has carte blanche to enforce or not enforce as he sees fit.

Jake YOU think he can do whatever he wants with the Law, you've made that clear....that you feel he has carte blanche to enforce or not enforce as he sees fit.

I made clear that none of you or your sources were able to show what he was doing was illegal.

Tuff that, son.

I made clear that none of you or your sources were able to show what he was doing was illegal.

Tuff that, son.

Nope, you are a liar, this is what you said :

Quote: Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
Common sense that an American president can manage and administer a program passed by Congress as necessary to make it work in the best interest of We the People.

You said he can do as he wills.....

Tuff that, son.

Common sense that an American president can manage and administer a program passed by Congress as necessary to make it work in the best interest of We the People.

Which is what I said.

And you can't prove that he can't.

The OP is fail until you do.

You can't.

Tuff that, son.

Which is what I said.

You can't.

LOL, why did you lie Jake?

You said you didn't say that ;)

You are on record as saying that the President can pick and choose how he will "administer" any law...oh wait...or did you mean just "this" law?

Your lies get all twisted up Jake.

he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

Article II | LII / Legal Information Institute

The law enforcement function has been a source of the president's control over the executive branch, however the laws that the president is to execute are the laws that Congress passes, and those laws constrain as well as empower the chief executive.

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Constitution of the United States

Not really seeing any "discretionary" powers but then, I am not a Progressive piece of shit like Jake who voted for this boi king either.

Hmm, wonder if the Obama regime fascists ever thought that Sotomayor might actually have sympathy with other Catholic women?

Religion re-enters ObamaCare debate as Sotomayor delays contraceptive mandate | Fox News

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has put religion at the forefront of the ObamaCare debate by offering a reprieve to some Catholic groups who want to opt out of the Affordable Care Act's contraceptive mandate.

Sotomayor issued the order late Tuesday, one day before major parts of the health care law went into effect.

In her order, Sotomayor said the government is temporarily prevented from enforcing contraceptive coverage requirements against the Denver-based Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged and must respond by 10 a.m. Friday.

The White House responded Wednesday, saying the group isn’t subject to the requirement because it doesn’t apply to self-funded church plans.

The White House said the Justice Department has already made clear the mandate doesn’t apply to such organizations and that it defers to the agency on litigation matters.

“But [we] remain confident that our final rules strike the balance of providing women with free contraceptive coverage while preventing non-profit religious employers with religious objections to contraceptive coverage from having to contract, arrange, pay, or refer for such coverage,” the White House said.

But Sotomayor's decision to delay the contraceptive portion of the law was joined by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which also issued an emergency stay for Catholic-affiliated groups challenging the contraceptive provision, including the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., and Catholic University.

If this is no big deal to the Obama regime fascists, then why do they KEEP FIGHTING IT?

lolol, you really cant make this stuff up.

They're not fighting it. They planned on it.

Any Catholic family that doesn't have 20 kids is probably using contraception.

Look at Paul Ryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Catholic family that doesn't have 20 kids is probably using contraception.

Look at Paul Ryan.

Yeah, Anglo Catholics in the English speaking world are 80% using contraceptives and their branch of the church is dying right alongside the Episcopalians.

This is why so many US Catholic bishops support amnesty for illegals; they know that in twenty years, 80% of their US parishioners will be primarily Spanish speaking people.

The Anglo Catholic church is dying and I say good riddance.

Which is what I said.

You can't.

LOL, why did you lie Jake? You said you didn't say that ;) You are on record as saying that the President can pick and choose how he will "administer" any law...oh wait...or did you mean just "this" law? Your lies get all twisted up Jake.

Your lies are undoing you, my friend. Show me where I said he could pick and choose.

(1) BHO is empowered to administered the law.

(2) You have shown nothing in law that he can't.

:lol:

Whether Anglo-American Catholic or Spanish Catholic in America, it is still Roman Catholic.

I think that you're mischaracterizing what a Justice does, and their responsibility.

Questioning the professionalism because of the paradigm of right vs. left is wrong to do to the Justices unless they're caught grossly manipulating things based on ideology.

Their job is not to be sympathetic to a cause personal to them. It is to interpret the law.

Is that why that when Roberts betrayed himself, his principles, and the law, and you loved it?

You don't know what I love.

But you cant betray your principles when your personal views aren't even SUPPOSED to be a factor when interpreting the Law.

But you thinking that he did shows that guys like you should never go near a bench.

Which is what I said.

You can't.

LOL, why did you lie Jake? You said you didn't say that ;) You are on record as saying that the President can pick and choose how he will "administer" any law...oh wait...or did you mean just "this" law? Your lies get all twisted up Jake.

Your lies are undoing you, my friend. Show me where I said he could pick and choose.

Well actually I used the Constiution to show he can't.....but then I know you don't that it restricts hi your Boi's abuses.

Hmm, wonder if the Obama regime fascists ever thought that Sotomayor might actually have sympathy with other Catholic women?

Religion re-enters ObamaCare debate as Sotomayor delays contraceptive mandate | Fox News

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has put religion at the forefront of the ObamaCare debate by offering a reprieve to some Catholic groups who want to opt out of the Affordable Care Act's contraceptive mandate.

Sotomayor issued the order late Tuesday, one day before major parts of the health care law went into effect.

In her order, Sotomayor said the government is temporarily prevented from enforcing contraceptive coverage requirements against the Denver-based Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged and must respond by 10 a.m. Friday.

The White House responded Wednesday, saying the group isn’t subject to the requirement because it doesn’t apply to self-funded church plans.

The White House said the Justice Department has already made clear the mandate doesn’t apply to such organizations and that it defers to the agency on litigation matters.

“But [we] remain confident that our final rules strike the balance of providing women with free contraceptive coverage while preventing non-profit religious employers with religious objections to contraceptive coverage from having to contract, arrange, pay, or refer for such coverage,” the White House said.

But Sotomayor's decision to delay the contraceptive portion of the law was joined by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which also issued an emergency stay for Catholic-affiliated groups challenging the contraceptive provision, including the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., and Catholic University.

If this is no big deal to the Obama regime fascists, then why do they KEEP FIGHTING IT?

lolol, you really cant make this stuff up.

They're not fighting it. They planned on it.

No, dude, you are totally wrong.

Administration to high court: Don't exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate | Fox News

The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt Catholic groups from an ObamaCare requirement to offer contraceptive coverage, after the high court gave them a temporary reprieve earlier this week.

The court filing comes in response to a surprise order -- issued shortly before coverage under the law went into effect -- by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. The justice issued a stay late Tuesday preventing the government from enforcing the so-called contraceptive mandate against the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged.

The group of Catholic nuns argues that the contraceptive coverage requirement violates their religious beliefs. To get around the mandate, they claim they'd have to sign a "permission slip" authorizing others to provide contraceptives and "abortion drugs" -- or pay a fine.

Lawyers for the group made one more plea for emergency relief late Friday, filing a 17-page brief with the court saying the reprieve spared the nuns from having to choose between violating their faith and facing IRS penalties. The brief claimed the government is "simply blind to the religious exercise at issue: the Little Sisters and other Applicants cannot execute the form because they cannot deputize a third party to sin on their behalf."

But the Justice Department, responding just before the Friday morning deadline, reiterated its argument that the group has no foundation for its case. The administration says religious nonprofit groups such of this one can certify that they don't want to provide contraceptive coverage. In that case, it would be up to a third-party administrator to decide whether to provide it.

Well actually I used the Constiution to show he can't.....but then I know you don't that it restricts hi your Boi's abuses.

There is nothing in the documents that says "Obama can't do this."

Since that is this case, show us in statutes or case law that your Dear Leader can't do this.

Forum List

Back