Soros push to elect progressive DAs in California fails to attract voters

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm all for reasonable sentencing, call it prison reform if you'd like, depending on the situation of course. I don't know how you guys can afford sending people to prison for 30 years for a minor crime, but that's just me. I don't think it's a very helpful strategy.

The cop bashing is stupid though, and it probably cost old Soros many millions going this route. Of course, extreme positions aren't very popular right now in California because regular folks can't survive there. They're not interests in the alt-left, for good reason.

Soros push to elect progressive DAs in California fails to attract voters

New York billionaire George Soros’ multimillion-dollar effort to reshape California's criminal justice system by propping up progressive district attorney candidates backfired Tuesday, with most of his candidates suffering major defeats.

Soros, together with other wealthy liberal donors and groups, spent millions on would-be prosecutors who favor lower incarceration rates, crackdowns on police misconduct and changes in a bail system that they argue discriminates against the poor.

But most of the money went to waste as their candidates lost to more traditional law-and-order prosecutors who didn’t share progressive views or have hostile attitudes toward police.

Forum List

Back