Soros - Moveon Threatens Congress

This is all so simple. A wealthy organization donates to a political party. The political party starts to move in a direction that the donor does not like. The donor threatens to withhold donation. This is all that it amounts to.

If the Republicans start to advocate more restrictions on gun ownership, it might lose some support from the NRA. The same principal applies.

Anyway, the Democrats have a choice to make. Make concessions to Bush and possibly lose support from move.on and Soros / or stand firm and continue to receive support from move.on and Soros.

That is all that there is to it.

Considering it is the far left wing that votes in the primaries, it seems another McGovern will be choosen

Dems really do not have a choice but to pull their surrender bill - which will make Soros very upset with them

The portion of this thread that turned into off-topic personal attacks may now be found in the Taunting Area. Let's keep this one on the topic, or a close facsimilie thereof, please.

Buying government is cool?:rolleyes:

soros dropped out of the picture....move on represents PEOPLE, not a corporation... it is good to HEAR voices of the people, no?

ANTI-W. $OROS: I QUIT POLITICS
By MAGGIE HABERMAN
September 29, 2006 -- Billionaire liberal financier George Soros, who spent millions of his fortune trying to oust President Bush in 2004, yesterday said he hopes to stay out of politics from now on.

"In the future, I'd very much like to get disengaged from politics," Soros said at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting on the Upper East Side. "I'm interested in policy and not in politics."

soros dropped out of the picture....move on represents PEOPLE, not a corporation... it is good to HEAR voices of the people, no?

Not when those voices are threatening to cut off funding if the party doesn't march to their drum.

Hmmm..... that cutting off funding seems to be a new toy for you lefties, huh?

Got a link?

The link to what I posted above:

http://usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=559853

The google link that has other sources:

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search...ff03&invocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8

Soros just spent a bundle and bought 1% of Halliburton a couple of months ago too.... so maybe he has just gone whackos and is burnt out or maybe he is joining your side? ;) lol j/k u! not about the halliburton...who KNOWS what's up with that...but kidding about him joining your side of the aisle!

Care

The link to what I posted above:

http://usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=559853

The google link that has other sources:

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search...ff03&invocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8

Soros just spent a bundle and bought 1% of Halliburton a couple of months ago too.... so maybe he has just gone whackos and is burnt out or maybe he is joining your side? ;) lol j/k u! not about the halliburton...who KNOWS what's up with that...but kidding about him joining your side of the aisle!

Care

Soros has not quit politics

He still suffers from Bush Derangement Syndrome

Not when those voices are threatening to cut off funding if the party doesn't march to their drum.

Hmmm..... that cutting off funding seems to be a new toy for you lefties, huh?

hahaha! Yeah, the next thing to be cut off is their noses to spite their faces!

They are willing to sell out their country for political gain - why not?

I am not certain it is all for political gain Red....The citizens that the Democrats REPRESENT and the ones pushing congress on the issue of the putting an end to our occupation in Iraq....and getting the Dems in congress pretty upset with them.....did you see the Congressman Obbey incident where he yells at some anti-warrers?

The Democrats in Congress don't know how to handle it.... they are used to all of us ignoring what they do and not being told what to do...

Well, life has changed for those Dems in power

care

I am not certain it is all for political gain Red....The citizens that the Democrats REPRESENT and the ones pushing congress on the issue of the putting an end to our occupation in Iraq....and getting the Dems in congress pretty upset with them.....did you see the Congressman Obbey incident where he yells at some anti-warrers?

The Democrats in Congress don't know how to handle it.... they are used to all of us ignoring what they do and not being told what to do...

Well, life has changed for those Dems in power

care

Life was changed, but not for the better for Amercians

The terrorists yes - Americans no

The reason Obbey yelled was because he knew the Dems has to answer to the anti war left that voted for them

Amercia did not vote for Dems to surender in Iraq - they want to win the war

Life was changed, but not for the better for Amercians

The terrorists yes - Americans no

The reason Obbey yelled was because he knew the Dems has to answer to the anti war left that voted for them

Amercia did not vote for Dems to surender in Iraq - they want to win the war

I am sorry, but I just don't believe that we have lost a war...

I think we won the war the military set out to do, and quite finely at that!

I think the occupation has turned out to be a quagmire so to say...

And redeploying with a new strategy may actually allow us to go after Alqaeda's strongholds, may actually make the iraqis in power basically poop or get off the pot, and may lure alqaeda present in Iraq to follow them, and put so much more pressure on the Iraqis to get their country under control that they might actually come to terms with their DIFFERENCES and settle on the oil arrangements....

Otherwise, unless another 200k in troops are sent over to Iraq, we will stay in the same old mode that we are in now, which does not benefit ANYONE imho.

Care

Well, White Flag Harry Reid said we lost

Have mistakes been made - you bet. No war has been fought without mistakes

But the surrender plan the Dems voted on solves nothing - except give the terrorists a victory in Iraq

Well, White Flag Harry Reid said we lost

Have mistakes been made - you bet. No war has been fought without mistakes

But the surrender plan the Dems voted on solves nothing - except give the terrorists a victory in Iraq

Harry Reid stuck his foot in his mouth with that comment! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

But you all are doing the EXACT SAME THING, by calling the redeployment a surrender bill...

That can't be good for the troops that hear YOU say they are surrenderers, when they won the war imo, when you could say that you don't agree with the redeployment change in strategy but instead you tell the soldiers that they are going to be FORCED to surrender... that just can't be good for them...

But YOU and your party CHOSE to call it a surrender bill and chose to make the troops feel like shit is how I view it! Honestly, I don't think you should say things like surrender if you REALLY care about the troops and ARE NOT DOING THIS and saying this JUST for POLITICAL GAIN....OR POLITICAL POSTURING. It may make you feel better, but it certainly can not help the moral of the troops red?

Harry Reid stuck his foot in his mouth with that comment! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

But you all are doing the EXACT SAME THING, by calling the redeployment a surrender bill...

That can't be good for the troops that hear YOU say they are surrenderers, when they won the war imo, when you could say that you don't agree with the redeployment change in strategy but instead you tell the soldiers that they are going to be FORCED to surrender... that just can't be good for them...

But YOU and your party CHOSE to call it a surrender bill and chose to make the troops feel like shit is how I view it! Honestly, I don't think you should say things like surrender if you REALLY care about the troops and ARE NOT DOING THIS and saying this JUST for POLITICAL GAIN....OR POLITICAL POSTURING. It may make you feel better, but it certainly can not help the moral of the troops red?

By teling the enemy when we will leave is surrender

The troops are not happy with White Flag Harry and they are starting to voice their feelings

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=48291

By teling the enemy when we will leave is surrender

The troops are not happy with White Flag Harry and they are starting to voice their feelings

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=48291

That's absurd Red! We are in an occupation, that has developed in to a Civil War among the people of Iraq.... we are not fighting anyone imparticular...we are trying to hold the peace....though there seems to be very little of it...

Setting a date to redeploy from this occupation is not setting a date that we will surrender and end the war?

The WAR will continue on when we leave, won't it?

Surrenders lead to a cease fire agreement with the enemy...

THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING!

So STOP for the sake of our fine young men and women that are serving there, telling them that they are surrendering to all that they worked so hard for...

And YES, ALL of us wish that this situation in Iraq was handled better by our commander in chief and his experts

But because of the way the war and occupation was planned and executed we are faced with a situation that warrants a true change in strategy....that actually could come to help these poor Iraqis!

Care

According to the residents of Iraq there is no civil war

By leaving, the Dems will turn over Iraq to the terrorists and Iran

They will then have a country to plan their continued terror attacks

They will have money from oil revenues to finance their terror operations

They will then kill millions of people (thise who helped the US, elected oficials, the Police, the militray, ect)

Then it will only be a matter of time before the terrorists and Iran have nukes

Guess what happens next?

According to the residents of Iraq there is no civil war

By leaving, the Dems will turn over Iraq to the terrorists and Iran

They will then have a country to plan their continued terror attacks

They will have money from oil revenues to finance their terror operations

They will then kill millions of people (thise who helped the US, elected oficials, the Police, the militray, ect)

Then it will only be a matter of time before the terrorists and Iran have nukes

Guess what happens next?

I wholeheartedly disagree with your dismal projection of the outcome...

The Iraqis do not want Iran to take over their oil so they won't let that happen...it is in Iran's interest to have a peaceful Iraq...with shiites being the majority rule.

The Iraqis do not want Alqaeda to take over their oil, so that won't happen

Who will kill millions of people? Alqaeda? Seriously....they are not that strong, and if the success that the military has recently had among the Sunni themselves going against Alqaeda for causing havoc then we have made some true progress....

We are also speaking of leaving special forces to go after alqaeda....

Care

I wholeheartedly disagree with your dismal projection of the outcome...

The Iraqis do not want Iran to take over their oil so they won't let that happen...it is in Iran's interest to have a peaceful Iraq...with shiites being the majority rule.

The Iraqis do not want Alqaeda to take over their oil, so that won't happen

Who will kill millions of people? Alqaeda? Seriously....they are not that strong, and if the success that the military has recently had among the Sunni themselves going against Alqaeda for causing havoc then we have made some true progress....

We are also speaking of leaving special forces to go after alqaeda....

Care

The anti war keft has compared Iraq to Viet Nam

Look at the slaughter that took place after the US left Viet Nam

Forum List

Back