Soros - Moveon Threatens Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, May 7, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    It seems the anti war kook left is getting PO'd at the Dems in Congress

Daddy Big Bucks Soros and Moveon.org nuts are starting to bellow warnings to White Flag Reid and San Fran Nan

On Thursday, leaders of the liberal group MoveOn.org, including Tom Matzzie, the group’s Washington director who also serves as the campaign manager for the coalition, sent a harshly worded warning to the Democratic leadership.

“In the past few days, we have seen what appear to be trial balloons signaling a significant weakening of the Democratic position,” the letter read. “On this, we want to be perfectly clear: if Democrats appear to capitulate to Bush — passing a bill without measures to end the war — the unity Democrats have enjoyed and Democratic leadership has so expertly built, will immediately disappear.”

The letter went on to say that if Democrats passed a bill “without a timeline and with all five months of funding,” they would essentially be endorsing a “war without end.” MoveOn, it said, “will move to a position of opposition.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/w...711002c6&ex=1336104000&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,047
    Wow! Cool!

Cool that they are exercising their new found power from organizing the people. And ALL out in the open.....which is how it should be, instead of influences that we don't see that go on behind the scenes with our Reps!

I bet ya the Dems will consider their threat.... I had heard that the next bill might be just partial funding of the war through fall, while holding the rest back to negotiate with....but I am uncertain if this really is the case.

Soros said about a year ago that he was going to stop his contribution to moveon.org and politics in general.... so I do not believe he is funding it to any degree, anymore....the majority of their income has come from rallying the troops, from individuals, as of late...

Care

3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    By all means, let the voters see the kooks and nuts who bankroll the Dem party

The more out in the open - the better

4. Mace

Mace Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Moveon is a lobbiest group I do believe. That's what they all do, pressure politicians to go along with their interests. It's part of the american system.

5. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    They said many times they have bought the Dems party and they own it

Given how much money Moveon.org and Soros pumps into the Dem party - I am sure they have the Dems attention

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    A toothless threat, for all its noise and bluster. What - realistically - is MoveOn's recourse here - to throw its support behind the Greens? Who, do they imagine, is their real-world alternative to the Democrat Party?

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Buying government is cool?:rolleyes:

8. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    what? is it only cool when rich republicans buy it?

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I don't agree with buying government period. However, the reality is, if you can afford lobbyists you can. But just blatantly threatening a party that is supposedly elected to represent their constituents as a whole, and not just Soros and/or MoveOn.org, is pushing it just a bit too far IMO.

It is however, a PERFECT example of why a lot of used-to-be Democrats/liberals are not so any longer. The entire Democrat party is supported by extremsit leftwing special interest groups that can't agree on anything except on occasion. It shows most in who has controlled the White House for all but 12 years since 1968.

10. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    you don't spend much time hanging out at democratic party functions. I do. My party is absolutely NOT supported by extremist leftwing special interest groups that can't agree on anything. They might be under the tent...and it may be true that the rest of the folks under the tent have a hard time agreeing on anything, but the left wingers are hardly calling the tune.