soros makes billions.....when are the senate hearings

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
And while the financial crisis continued to deepen across the globe, the 78-year-old still managed to make $1.1 billion last year.
'It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work,' he told national newspaper The Australian.

'I'm having a very good crisis,' says Soros - who made £1billion as the world plunged into recession | Mail Online

a modern day marie antoinette..........

Ever see pictures of a Czar's house communism paid for somebody

They even built one in Manhattan Beach (Russians) with gold painted murals and door knobs you would not believe it

He certainly listened to HILRod.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Even though there should be, there won't be a single hearing.

Hating on Soros for profitting during the recession is just partisan bullshit. Is anyone holding Buffet accountable these days? It's not like Soros is the only one profitting.

In a recession, there are going to be sectors, and specifically COMPANIES, that THRIVE.

If you're smart about what you do, you can take advantage of it. If I'd have had the powder for it last year, I'd have probably made a killing during this recession with just the few specific companies I was looking at as gainers in this downturn, and I'm a novice at best. I paper traded about 5 companies that could have earned me over 10% collectively since January '08.

The problem isn't that Soros is profitting, but what he's ultimately doing with his money. Being the historical democrat party funder that he is, I think we know where a couple bucks went. Let's not pick on him for his investment prowess, let's at least hold him accountable for his "donations".

Last edited:
I'd pose the question, did he manipulate the crisis, as he did before?

Kath, I have no doubt that there are a handful of ultra wealthy who had a hand in this crisis, but let's not be partisan about it. Soros very well may have had SOMETHING to do with it, but there would NO DOUBT be people who call themselves republicans who were involved as well.

We could start with anyone who's ANYONE in the banking community. Soros would be like way down on my list of suspected culprits. I'd be willing to bet that anyone who's MOST responsible is someone most people haven't even heard of.

And while the financial crisis continued to deepen across the globe, the 78-year-old still managed to make $1.1 billion last year.
'It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work,' he told national newspaper The Australian.

'I'm having a very good crisis,' says Soros - who made £1billion as the world plunged into recession | Mail Online

At least now we know why he supports politicians who seek to destroy the economy.

Kath, I have no doubt that there are a handful of ultra wealthy who had a hand in this crisis, but let's not be partisan about it. Soros very well may have had SOMETHING to do with it, but there would NO DOUBT be people who call themselves republicans who were involved as well.

We could start with anyone who's ANYONE in the banking community. Soros would be like way down on my list of suspected culprits. I'd be willing to bet that anyone who's MOST responsible is someone most people haven't even heard of.

So you are for a conspiracy. I'm not. I wonder if Soros did this on his own.

[B said:
Paulie;1114958]Hating on Soros for profitting during the recession is just partisan bullshit[/B]. Is anyone holding Buffet accountable these days? It's not like Soros is the only one profitting.

In a recession, there are going to be sectors, and specifically COMPANIES, that THRIVE.

If you're smart about what you do, you can take advantage of it. If I'd have had the powder for it last year, I'd have probably made a killing during this recession with just the few specific companies I was looking at as gainers in this downturn, and I'm a novice at best. I paper traded about 5 companies that could have earned me over 10% collectively since January '08.

The problem isn't that Soros is profitting, but what he's ultimately doing with his money. Being the historical democrat party funder that he is, I think we know where a couple bucks went. Let's not pick on him for his investment prowess, let's at least hold him accountable for his "donations".

Malarky,, we're hating on all the rich people and he's one of em!

So you are for a conspiracy. I'm not. I wonder if Soros did this on his own.

Well back when you wondered if he was involved in the weird moves during the last few minutes of the trading day, when Huckabee said he thought there was market "terrorism" going on, you were talking about a "consortium".

Now you're saying you think he acted alone. I'm confused.

How could a petty billionaire orchestrate this entire crisis? We're talking about tens of trillions of dollars in derivatives, which was mainly brought on by artificially low interest rates that enticed so many millions of people to mortgage houses they thought they might be able to afford.

How could one man orchestrate all that? He'd have to AT LEAST had the blessing of Greenspan, much less the banking community executives and board members that encouraged such risk taking.

It is literally impossible for one man to have been behind all of this. You're being WAY too partisan in even suggesting such a thing, and I'm certainly no friend of the democrat party.

Hating on Soros for profitting during the recession is just partisan bullshit. Is anyone holding Buffet accountable these days? It's not like Soros is the only one profitting.

so why demonize the aig guys that got a bonus.....

[B said:
Paulie;1114958]Hating on Soros for profitting during the recession is just partisan bullshit[/B]. Is anyone holding Buffet accountable these days? It's not like Soros is the only one profitting.

Malarky,, we're hating on all the rich people and he's one of em!

he is a member of the party and the elite ruling class....he doesn't count.....the evil rich need to be punnished and or have their companies taken from them.....

I don't think you'll find one post from me on this board that addresses the AIG bonuses. I really couldn't care less. What we're witnessing regarding that is called a political distraction. While we're bombarded with daily doses of "AIG is evil" becuase they gave out less than 200 million dollars, we're being looted for TRILLIONS by our own government.

I care more about the trillions than the 160 some million at this point, and I'm not going to be fooled into being distracted from that by arguing something as retarded as bonuses these days.

I don't think you'll find one post from me on this board that addresses the AIG bonuses. I really couldn't care less. What we're witnessing regarding that is called a political distraction. While we're bombarded with daily doses of "AIG is evil" becuase they gave out less than 200 million dollars, we're being looted for TRILLIONS by our own government.

I care more about the trillions than the 160 some million at this point, and I'm not going to be fooled into being distracted from that by arguing something as retarded as bonuses these days.

completly agree.....why would congress attack them .....what are they trying to acomplish......and it isn't passing out trillions because no one said boo.....

there is an end game to this.....

Last edited:
Soros orchestrated the South Asian Crisis by betting against the Thai Baath, and was instrumental in critically weakening the British pound a while earlier.
Its one of the reasons why he is a total persona non grata in quite a lot of countries.
That guy beeing a threat is propably one of the few things Vladimir Putin and Margaret Thatcher would agree on.

Good for him. He knows how to the play the market. I'm no Soros, or Soros fan, but this "crisis" has been pretty good to me, too. I've now got a 5% mortgage, own several houses I bought in foreclosure for pennies on the dollar, am loading up on thousands of shares of dirt cheap quality stocks..... It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel....

OMG! What an evil man he is to have seen this economic crisis coming and prepared himself for it!!!!!! The BASTARD!!!

George Soros, who predicted the global financial crisis twice before, was one of the few people to anticipate and prepare for the current economic collapse.

You should fucking think long and hard about this. If he was so smart, maybe he is also smart to be a Democrat. And maybe you aren't so smart.

Forum List

Back