Sophia

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Robot granted citizenship in Saudi Arabia in world first | Daily Mail Online

Saudi Arabia has awarded the first robot citizenship named "Sophia".

Wait.....wut? This raises more questions for me about the creators of the robot than it answers. After all, creations are merely mirrors of their creator.

1. Why a woman and not a man? Do the creators value the female sex more than a man, or is the message that men have finally created a master sex machine/slave that will do their bidding and hopefully replace human women?

2. Why a whitey? Let's get out our racially charged whitey, brownie, darkie filters and ask why they created a whitey robot rather than a brownie or darkie robot. Again, did the creators value the whitey appearance more than a darker one, or is the message that the creators wish to control and enslave anything resembling a whitey race?

3. Why Saudi Arabia? Here you have a robot that does not wear a hijab and seemingly has more rights than it's human counterparts. I also highly doubt that the robot prays 5 times towards crazy town. Is this the message that the creators wish to do away with religion in the heart of the world's most oppressive religious center on earth, or is it a message that they simply wish to create a slave race that is inferior to them mainly because they are infidels so they can be treated accordingly?

4. And do they really expect us to believe that Sophia was created? I mean, wouldn't it be more believable to think that Sophia simply evolved from a scrap heap of computer parts due to some environmental change? I personally believe that global warming had something to do with it.

Very bizarre.

cool

I'd whether have it in the white house then the dick head that sits in it now.

Indeed. It probably would be easier for the powers that be to simply have a droid to their bidding rather than an empty suit.

Wait.....wut? This raises more questions for me about the creators of the robot than it answers. After all, creations are merely mirrors of their creator.

1. Why a woman and not a man? Do the creators value the female sex more than a man, or is the message that men have finally created a master sex machine/slave that will do their bidding and hopefully replace human women?

2. Why a whitey? Let's get out our racially charged whitey, brownie, darkie filters and ask why they created a whitey robot rather than a brownie or darkie robot. Again, did the creators value the whitey appearance more than a darker one, or is the message that the creators wish to control and enslave anything resembling a whitey race?

3. Why Saudi Arabia? Here you have a robot that does not wear a hijab and seemingly has more rights than it's human counterparts. I also highly doubt that the robot prays 5 times towards crazy town. Is this the message that the creators wish to do away with religion in the heart of the world's most oppressive religious center on earth, or is it a message that they simply wish to create a slave race that is inferior to them mainly because they are infidels so they can be treated accordingly?

4. And do they really expect us to believe that Sophia was created? I mean, wouldn't it be more believable to think that Sophia simply evolved from a scrap heap of computer parts due to some environmental change? I personally believe that global warming had something to do with it.

Very bizarre.

I'm not sure what possessed them to grant it citizenship. That is bizarre.

As for gender, people usually see women as less threatening. But gender is just a matter of size and a few extraneous parts.

Race? It is a machine. The color of the artificial skin is simply cosmetic.

And religion is all about humans. A machine can do all the things forbidden by the religion, since they have no soul.

Very bizarre.

As for gender, people usually see women as less threatening. But gender is just a matter of size and a few extraneous parts.

And religion is all about humans. A machine can do all the things forbidden by the religion, since they have no soul.

If a machine is commanded to worship, it will worship. Why would they not command it to do so, assuming they want to create something human like.

As for the observation that a woman is less threatening, that is a rather astute observation. I'm thinking that you may have hit the nail on the head, considering the angst associated with AI and the robotic era.

After all, if you create an artificial intelligence that has no empathy, and tell it that humans are destroying the globe via such things as carbon emissions, what response will it have?

Very bizarre.

Of course Muslims would give more rights to one of their sex toys than their women.

Very bizarre.

If a machine is commanded to worship, it will worship. Why would they not command it to do so, assuming they want to create something human like.

As for the observation that a woman is less threatening, that is a rather astute observation. I'm thinking that you may have hit the nail on the head, considering the angst associated with AI and the robotic era.

After all, if you create an artificial intelligence that has no empathy, and tell it that humans are destroying the globe via such things as carbon emissions, what response will it have?

Asimov came up with the laws for robots, to be built into the computer system.

"A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."

The coolest part is that he wrote those laws in a short story in the 1940s. They have been the basis for laws for robots in scifi ever since. On Star Trek, Data had these laws programmed in.

Very bizarre.

"A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."

The coolest part is that he wrote those laws in a short story in the 1940s. They have been the basis for laws for robots in scifi ever since. On Star Trek, Data had these laws programmed in.

But what if their "intelligence" concludes that obeying those laws is detrimental to humans?

Very bizarre.

But what if their "intelligence" concludes that obeying those laws is detrimental to humans?

your sky daddy will save u

Very bizarre.

This law (or something very similar) was mentioned in the movie "I, Robot." Lol.

Very bizarre.

Well apparently, we need a savior.

People like yourself seem to want to trust things you create rather than a creator that created you.

Very bizarre.

The First Law is hardwired into all programming and cannot be overridden.

Very bizarre.

But AI is not about a program, it's about evolving intelligence, is it not?

Very bizarre.

This law (or something very similar) was mentioned in the movie "I, Robot." Lol.

The story the movie is based on was written by Azimov. It was first published in 1950.

Yes it is. It is the ability to learn based on experience. But certain restrictions can be put in the programming that cannot be changed.

People like yourself seem to want to trust things you create rather than a creator that created you.

My lack of trust in humans is not instinctive. It is something I have learned from interacting with and observing humans.

Read history and look around. Are humans trustworthy?

I don't think this artificial intelligence thing is a very good idea after watching a few movies about this kind of thing! :lol: I think we should destroy all the robots before they take over the world!

That is correct, we call that personal responsibility, whereas the opposite is collectivist daddy worship.

Yes it is. It is the ability to learn based on experience. But certain restrictions can be put in the programming that cannot be changed.

So let's assume for a second that a droid would function how they are programmed, which I'm not sold on. I can't even get my PC to always function the way it is suppose to function.

What about hacking?

What if a psychopath who wants to take over the world tweaks the robot's programming, gives it a virus or something? What if the robots get a virus? No way is any robot being invited over my house for dinner!

Forum List

Back