Soon to be released declassified docs show Samantha Power used UN position to target American citize

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power testified last fall behind closed doors to the House Intelligence Committee as part of its Russia probe, and one of the big unanswered questions will be why, during her final year as chief U.S. envoy to the U.N., she apparently made hundreds of requests for the unmasking in U.S. intelligence intercepts of the identities of American citizens.
Soon to be Released Declassified Docs Show Samantha Power Used UN Position To Target American Citizens, Including General Flynn

Great, now all they have to do is actually end up in prison right along with the rest of the loser of Obama, Clinton, Bush etc......

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power testified last fall behind closed doors to the House Intelligence Committee as part of its Russia probe, and one of the big unanswered questions will be why, during her final year as chief U.S. envoy to the U.N., she apparently made hundreds of requests for the unmasking in U.S. intelligence intercepts of the identities of American citizens.
Soon to be Released Declassified Docs Show Samantha Power Used UN Position To Target American Citizens, Including General Flynn

Great, now all they have to do is actually end up in prison right along with the rest of the loser of Obama, Clinton, Bush etc......
This is just the beginning.. The unlawful unmasking is going to show they were targeting many US citizens and all of their political opponents... This is about to get very messy..

This is just the beginning.. The unlawful unmasking is going to show they were targeting many US citizens and all of their political opponents... This is about to get very messy..

There is nothing unlawful about it as long as you have the proper clearances. The only thing that is messy is Trump supporters throwing mud against the wall and hoping something will stick.

There is nothing unlawful about it as long as you have the proper clearances. The only thing that is messy is Trump supporters throwing mud against the wall and hoping something will stick.
Samantha Powers Unmasked Over 260 Americans During 2016; Soon We’ll Learn Why
ap-samantha-power-620x508.jpg

When U.S. intelligence agencies gather information on foreigners, often the name of a U.S. citizen or entity will be collected. Under current U.S. law, information about innocent citizens gathered in this way is referred to as incidental collection. Their names and data must be masked to protect their privacy.

Authorized government officials, under certain conditions, may “unmask” the identity of an individual.

When John Bolton served at the United Nations, he “unmasked” the identities of three individuals. In the year leading up to the 2016 presidential election, then-U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Powers unmasked over 260 Americans.

The remarkable number of Americans who had been unmasked at Powers’ request was an attempt to uncover associates of President Trump. She was ‘unmasking’ at such a rapid pace in the final months of the Obama administration that she averaged more than one request for every working day in 2016, even seeking information in the days leading up to President Trump’s inauguration.

In October 2017, Powers testified before a closed session of the House Intelligence Committee. Then Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) spoke to Fox News’ Brett Baier afterward and said:

Her testimony is they [the unmasking requests] may be under my name, but I did not make those requests.

I think if she were on your show, she would say those requests to unmask may have been attributed to her, but they greatly exceed by an exponential factor the requests she actually made…So, that’s her testimony, and she was pretty emphatic about it.

So, we’ve got to get to the bottom of that. If there is someone else making requests on behalf of a principal in the intelligence community, we need to know that because we’re getting ready to reauthorize a program that’s really important to the country, but also has a masking component to it.​

Judicial Watch founder Tom Fitton filed an initial FOIA request for all State Department documents relating to Powers’ unmaskings in October 2017, and has been unable to obtain them. He said:

Unmasking and then illegally leaking the names of Trump team members caught up in foreign intelligence gathering would have been an incredible, but unsurprising abuse by the Obama administration. Was the Clinton-DNC dossier also used as justification to abuse intelligence data to ‘unmask’ American citizens to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Donald Trump? And why is the State Department stonewalling Judicial Watch’s FOIA investigation into this potentially illegal conduct by its agency employees?​

The unmasking records will be released soon and many are expecting them to be related to Israel.

OANN’s Jack Posobiec sent the following tweets on Friday.

BREAKING: Samantha Power targeted any call made about Israeli settlements for unmasking. When she found Gen Flynn making calls she opposed, she passed information to Sally Yates who opened Logan Act investigation. DNI Coats has now reviewed all unmasking.

BREAKING: White House plans to declassify documents showing that Samantha Power was on a “one-woman crusade” for the Palestinians and against Israel in 2016. Repeated unmakings were used to ensure her effort did not fail.​

George Papadopoulos appeared on “Fox and Friends” last week and said he “was shocked that the Mueller report included details suggesting that he was illicitly targeted because of his ties to Israel.” He said:

I was actually really impressed and quite frankly shocked that Bob Mueller told the truth about why I was illicitly targeted and it really had nothing to do with Russia. It had to do with my ties to Israel.

Now, this is why this is really important. Because if I was targeted for my ties to Israel, and I had all these various spies approaching me while I was just joining the campaign and they were discussing Israel with me. I think that’s very disturbing and probably is going to reveal quite frankly how this entire investigation started.​

After years of receiving information in bits and pieces, thanks to Trump, we may finally get the full story.

Guess it’s only wrong if you get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess it’s only wrong if you get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rules on keeping secret the names of Americans incidentally caught up in surveillance of foreign agents were drastically changed in the Obama Administration. The rules had been in place over two decades, but when changed allowed for more unmasking of Americans.

The change in the rules on unmasking was initiated by former Director of National Intelligence, James Crapper. “The new standard allowed for a lawmaker’s or staffer’s name to be unmasked if ‘an executive branch recipient of intelligence’ believed that learning ‘the identity of the Member of Congress or the Congressional staff is necessary to understand and assess the associated intelligence and further a lawful activity of the recipient agency’,” according to a little noticed memo issued by the DNI’s office.

So this was part of the Obama Administrations use of the IC against Congress.

Crapper’s procedures expanded that circle of exempted officials to include ‘the senior deputies and senior advisors for these named principles,’ meaning, for instance, Obama’s deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes could request congressional unmaskings on behalf of (Susan) Rice, his boss, as could the deputies and senior advisers to Secretary of State and Defense Secretaries Ash Carter and Chuck Hagel.

In other words political hacks like Rhodes who also functioned as adjuncts to the political operators in the Obama White House could unmask someone in the camp of a political opponent–say for example Donald Trump– for the purpose of causing political damage.

Before Crapper’s rule change many if not most unmasking requests required the permission of the President, personally.

CLAPPER AND UNMASKING: WHY DID HE CHANGE THE RULES?

Forum List

Back