Songs that bring you back to a different/better place and time

I heard this song the morning of my maternal grandmother's funeral and just came completely undone.

Mostly because of the thoughts onscreen.

The old man, specifically.

These two songs do it for me. I spent a few months sailing a Cal 40 around the Mariana Islands and these songs bring those memories back.

Hey, Witchit, at least I gave you a good song and told you the reason it was my comfort song.

And.................like I said.................it was the strangest thing, because I never took breaks at the same time, so it wasn't like it was programmed to play a certain time each day, but somehow, whenever I got a chance to take a break, it would come on. It was almost like it was a Higher Power looking out for me and telling me to take it easy on myself.

That song actually helped me get through boot camp.

You ever have that thing happen when a song is playing in your head a matter of minutes BEFORE you hear it on the radio?

Yes, I have actually. It's a mild form of telepathy.

Here are two songs that I would play as soon as I walked into the Oceanview Inn at Norfolk VA (at least until they developed the area and leveled the place the bar was at and built houses).

I did it so that my friends would know I'd gotten there.

Had an awful lot of fun there, as well as dated a lot of women I met there.

Forum List

Back