Song lyrics Quiz

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
The game is simple, I have given a line from a song, you get one point if you can name that tune, and another if you can name the band or person who performed it.

Points come to the first correct answers, good luck. :)

1. Chestnut brown canary , Ruby throated sparrow , Sing a song, don't be long , Thrill me to the marrow!

2. Gazing at people, Some hand in hand, Just what I'm going thru They can understand.

3.You're the cutest thing that I ever did see, I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree.

4. Should have taken warning, it's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost, you can't find, find a place to go

5. I've got your picture, i'd like a million of them all round my cell, I want the doctor to take a picture, so I can look at you from inside as well.

6. I've been waiting in the hall, been waiting on your call, when the phone rings

7. You say coke I say caine, you say John I say Wayne

8.Whatever happened to, that girl that I once knew. That girl that said she'd be true.

9 Friday morning at nine o'clock, she's far away, waiting to keep the appointment she made, meeting a man from the motor trade.

10. They're always having a good time down on the Bayou, Lord Them delta women think the world of me.

Well, since number 1 is already spoken for...

2. Gazing at people, Some hand in hand, Just what I'm going thru They can understand. - Nights in White Satin, Moody Blues

3.You're the cutest thing that I ever did see, I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree. - The Joker, The Steve Miller Band

4. Should have taken warning, it's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost, you can't find, find a place to go - Red Skies, Fixx

5. I've got your picture, i'd like a million of them all round my cell, I want the doctor to take a picture, so I can look at you from inside as well. - This one is perhaps the more obscure on the list. Oddly enough, however, my 16 year old daughter and I were just talking about this song last weekend. Turning Japanese, The Vapors

6. I've been waiting in the hall, been waiting on your call, when the phone rings - Miss You, The Rolling Stones

7. You say coke I say caine, you say John I say Wayne - Bicycle Race, Queen

8.Whatever happened to, that girl that I once knew. That girl that said she'd be true. - Now this one is perhaps the most confusing on the list. There have been several versions of this song since 1964. Remember (Walking in the Sand), the original was done by The Shangri-Las. Louise Goffin (Carole King's daughter) released a version in the late '70s. Aerosmith did a version, as did the Go-Gos. I believe there are a few other versions out there, but the names escape me.

9 Friday morning at nine o'clock, she's far away, waiting to keep the appointment she made, meeting a man from the motor trade. - She's leaving Home, The Beatles (I was raised on The Beatles)

10. They're always having a good time down on the Bayou, Lord Them delta women think the world of me. - Ramblin' Man, The Allman Brothers

Yeah, I was pretty much a shut-in music nerd in my youth.

For the record, at least one version of each of these songs is on my iPod.

Last edited:
1. Headin' up to San Francisco for the Labor Day weekend show, I've got my hush-puppies on, I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll.

2. Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party, We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog.

3. The telephone is ringing, You got me on the run, I'm driving in my car now, Anticipating fun.

4. Love your friend and love your neighbour, Love your life and love your labour.

5. Stolen from Africa, brought to America, Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

6. Don't you just know I waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary, Hopin' that the train is on time.

7. Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world and ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.

8. I got a freaky ole lady, name a cocaine Katy who embroideries on my jeans.

9. Dont give my brother a Steve Austin outfit, Dont give my sister a cuddly toy, We dont want a jigsaw or monopoly money.

10. I swore I would love you to the end of time, So now I'm praying for the end of time, To hurry up and arrive.

8. cover of rolling stone

Sorry that is all I know, I have a feeling most of the songs came out before I was born!

1. Headin' up to San Francisco for the Labor Day weekend show, I've got my hush-puppies on, I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll.

buffet

2. Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party, We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog.

3. The telephone is ringing, You got me on the run, I'm driving in my car now, Anticipating fun.

4. Love your friend and love your neighbour, Love your life and love your labour.

5. Stolen from Africa, brought to America, Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

6. Don't you just know I waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary, Hopin' that the train is on time.

o damn i know this one....damn it one toke over the line sweet jesus

7. Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world and ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.

8. I got a freaky ole lady, name a cocaine Katy who embroideries on my jeans.

i think queen

9. Dont give my brother a Steve Austin outfit, Dont give my sister a cuddly toy, We dont want a jigsaw or monopoly money.

10. I swore I would love you to the end of time, So now I'm praying for the end of time, To hurry up and arrive.

meatloaf...paradise by the dashboard lights

2. Merry Christmas from the Family -?
3 . under my wheels - Alice Cooper
4.Buffuloo Soldier- Bob Marley
8. cover of the rolling stone- dr hook and the medicine show
9.Father Christmas - the Kinks

1. piano roll blues, we danced holes in our shoes

2. the sound that your hearing is only the noise....

3. all day long...give me water, my work is so hard

4. they were all in love with dying

5. i had me a lover and i tryed tryed tryed...finally had to leave her and she cried cried cried

6. i'm not welcome aboard the train to the lord

7. no one to talk with, all by myself

8. daddy's little fattie eaten corn and taters all day

9. give me weed, whites and wine...and show me a sign

10. then the bartender began to hum along

5. i had me a lover and i tryed tryed tryed...finally had to leave her and she cried cried cried

3. The Chain Gang?

Honkey Tonk Heros - waylon Jennings
Come on hear the noise- Quiet Riot

ROLY POLY-?

Dixie Chickens- Little feat

1. Just need a little brain salad surgery, Got to cure this insecurity
2.but the tophat on my head is all you see
3.So all in all, if the curtain should fall. Lord, I hope that it falls on you.
4.A crazy stop, she was the top, I tried to follow her all the way home.
5.Daddy is an agrophile in Texas, Mommy's on the bar most every night
6.'Cause that's my woman there And I'm a man who cares
7.Picket lines and picket signs, Don't punish me with brutality
8.I just got back from Africa, you know. I was playing cards with the natives.
9.Birds singin' in the sycamore tree
10.I'd like to play a game,That is so much fun,And it's not so very hard to do,

Honkey Tonk Heros - waylon Jennings

very good...
Come on hear the noise- Quiet Riot

no....try again

eve got this one...chain gang...

ROLY POLY-?

excellent...bob wills

Dixie Chickens- Little feat

your failure on number 9 shows you are not a true little feat fan...there is no little feat after lowell george..say it with me...the evolution of little feat could not continue once he died....

Forum List

Back