Song lyrics Quiz

Discussion in 'Music' started by Xenophon, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    The game is simple, I have given a line from a song, you get one point if you can name that tune, and another if you can name the band or person who performed it.

Points come to the first correct answers, good luck. :)

1. Chestnut brown canary , Ruby throated sparrow , Sing a song, don't be long , Thrill me to the marrow!

2. Gazing at people, Some hand in hand, Just what I'm going thru They can understand.

3.You're the cutest thing that I ever did see, I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree.

4. Should have taken warning, it's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost, you can't find, find a place to go

5. I've got your picture, i'd like a million of them all round my cell, I want the doctor to take a picture, so I can look at you from inside as well.

6. I've been waiting in the hall, been waiting on your call, when the phone rings

7. You say coke I say caine, you say John I say Wayne

8.Whatever happened to, that girl that I once knew. That girl that said she'd be true.

9 Friday morning at nine o'clock, she's far away, waiting to keep the appointment she made, meeting a man from the motor trade.

10. They're always having a good time down on the Bayou, Lord Them delta women think the world of me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. submarinepainter

submarinepainter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    1.is CSN, Judy Blueeyes
    it pays to be old !!!

3. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    Well, since number 1 is already spoken for...

2. Gazing at people, Some hand in hand, Just what I'm going thru They can understand. - Nights in White Satin, Moody Blues

3.You're the cutest thing that I ever did see, I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree. - The Joker, The Steve Miller Band

4. Should have taken warning, it's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost, you can't find, find a place to go - Red Skies, Fixx

5. I've got your picture, i'd like a million of them all round my cell, I want the doctor to take a picture, so I can look at you from inside as well. - This one is perhaps the more obscure on the list. Oddly enough, however, my 16 year old daughter and I were just talking about this song last weekend. Turning Japanese, The Vapors

6. I've been waiting in the hall, been waiting on your call, when the phone rings - Miss You, The Rolling Stones

7. You say coke I say caine, you say John I say Wayne - Bicycle Race, Queen

8.Whatever happened to, that girl that I once knew. That girl that said she'd be true. - Now this one is perhaps the most confusing on the list. There have been several versions of this song since 1964. Remember (Walking in the Sand), the original was done by The Shangri-Las. Louise Goffin (Carole King's daughter) released a version in the late '70s. Aerosmith did a version, as did the Go-Gos. I believe there are a few other versions out there, but the names escape me.

9 Friday morning at nine o'clock, she's far away, waiting to keep the appointment she made, meeting a man from the motor trade. - She's leaving Home, The Beatles (I was raised on The Beatles)

10. They're always having a good time down on the Bayou, Lord Them delta women think the world of me. - Ramblin' Man, The Allman Brothers

Yeah, I was pretty much a shut-in music nerd in my youth.

For the record, at least one version of each of these songs is on my iPod.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. Xenophon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    That was fast.

Game over!

5. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    Sorry about that, brother. Like I said, one time music nerd and you just happened to pick songs I know.

6. Xenophon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Its your turn, pick lyrics for the rest of us to guess.

7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    1. Headin' up to San Francisco for the Labor Day weekend show, I've got my hush-puppies on, I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll.

2. Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party, We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog.

3. The telephone is ringing, You got me on the run, I'm driving in my car now, Anticipating fun.

4. Love your friend and love your neighbour, Love your life and love your labour.

5. Stolen from Africa, brought to America, Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

6. Don't you just know I waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary, Hopin' that the train is on time.

7. Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world and ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.

8. I got a freaky ole lady, name a cocaine Katy who embroideries on my jeans.

9. Dont give my brother a Steve Austin outfit, Dont give my sister a cuddly toy, We dont want a jigsaw or monopoly money.

10. I swore I would love you to the end of time, So now I'm praying for the end of time, To hurry up and arrive.

8. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    8. cover of rolling stone

Sorry that is all I know, I have a feeling most of the songs came out before I was born!

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,922
    meatloaf...paradise by the dashboard lights

10. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    SB got #1, #6 and #10.