' Sometimes, Relief is a Queen Esther Costume'

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
A true Tikkun Olam

Purim is one of those holidays loved by both children and adults alike. It needs relatively little preparation and is filled with fun, food, and lots of celebration. Kids look forward to the treats they’ll receive in the form of Mishloach Manot, and competing with their friends over who has the best costume.

For many needy children in Israel, however, these simple luxuries cannot be taken for granted. This is something that leading Israeli relief organization, Meir Panim, is seeking to redress.

“I initiated this project in 2004 after discovering one of the children who attended the Meir Panim after-school club crying his eyes out one day,” explains Ilanit Hafuta, Director of the Meir Panim branch in Ohr Akiva (situated 55km north of Tel Aviv). “I asked him why he was so upset and he looked up at me with these large, tearful eyes and said that he was embarrassed to attend his school Purim party because he had no costume to wear and his family had no money to buy him one.”

Hafuta decided then and there that every single child in the community who needed it would have something to wear that Purim, and today, nine years later, over 100 children in Ohr Akiva alone proudly boast their chosen Purim outfit. “The idea that any child should be embarrassed to go to school because they don’t have what to dress up in, is heartbreaking. Now, not only does each child have a costume, but we do our very best to provide them with their dream costume.”

Sometimes, Relief is a Queen Esther Costume - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

--------------

t2034.gif

I find it so sweet that the most highy loved & famous women in all of Iran's history was the Jewess Queen Esther. Gosh I wonder how Nejad & the Mullahs & Ayatollas feel about that?

A true Tikkun Olam

Purim is one of those holidays loved by both children and adults alike. It needs relatively little preparation and is filled with fun, food, and lots of celebration. Kids look forward to the treats they’ll receive in the form of Mishloach Manot, and competing with their friends over who has the best costume.

For many needy children in Israel, however, these simple luxuries cannot be taken for granted. This is something that leading Israeli relief organization, Meir Panim, is seeking to redress.

“I initiated this project in 2004 after discovering one of the children who attended the Meir Panim after-school club crying his eyes out one day,” explains Ilanit Hafuta, Director of the Meir Panim branch in Ohr Akiva (situated 55km north of Tel Aviv). “I asked him why he was so upset and he looked up at me with these large, tearful eyes and said that he was embarrassed to attend his school Purim party because he had no costume to wear and his family had no money to buy him one.”

Hafuta decided then and there that every single child in the community who needed it would have something to wear that Purim, and today, nine years later, over 100 children in Ohr Akiva alone proudly boast their chosen Purim outfit. “The idea that any child should be embarrassed to go to school because they don’t have what to dress up in, is heartbreaking. Now, not only does each child have a costume, but we do our very best to provide them with their dream costume.”

Sometimes, Relief is a Queen Esther Costume - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

--------------

t2034.gif

Granny an' possum dancin' to it...
:clap2:
High-brow hi-jinks

Click here: http://www.hadassah.org/site/c.keJN...haikovsky_Flashwaltz_at_Hadassah_Hospital.htm

Some trivia: Hadassah was the Jewish name of Esther of whom the Book of Esther (in between Nehemiah and Job, in which is the only book in the Bible that doesn't mention God) is named for...

... she was the Jewish virgin (niece of Mor'decai) who became the Queen of Ahasu-e'rus of Susa (Xerxes, son of Artaxerxes) in place of Vashti...

... and saved her people from the pogram of Haman (kind of a precursor of Hitler).

Last edited:
I find it so sweet that the most highy loved & famous women in all of Iran's history was the Jewess Queen Esther. Gosh I wonder how Nejad & the Mullahs & Ayatollas feel about that?

A true Tikkun Olam

--------------

t2034.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eag8WY6Qwkg]Famous Historical Persian Queens, ministers, Generals and Admirals - YouTube[/ame] I do not see Esther portrayed as the most famous woman in Irans history, but she is one of the queens addressed in this video.There were plenty of beautiful and famous women in Irans long history.

Last edited:
Granny an' possum dancin' to it...
:clap2:
High-brow hi-jinks

Click here: Tchaikovsky Flashwaltz at Hadassah Hospital | Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Org of America

Some trivia: Hadassah was the Jewish name of Esther of whom the Book of Esther (in between Nehemiah and Job, in which is the only book in the Bible that doesn't mention God) is named for...

... she was the Jewish virgin (niece of Mor'decai) who became the Queen of Ahasu-e'rus of Susa (Xerxes, son of Artaxerxes) in place of Vashti...

... and saved her people from the pogram of Haman (kind of a precursor of Hitler).

I don't believe G-d is mentioned in the Song of Solomon (aka Song of Songs) either.

Forum List

Back