Sometimes I'd Like To Whack This Administration

acludem said:
The U.S. agreed to this when they signed the treaty. Why are all you Righties so afraid? Are you afraid that Jeb Bush and Katharine Harris won't be able to steal the election if you need them to again?

ROFLMFAO!!!!

acludem said:
The U.S. agreed to this when they signed the treaty. Why are all you Righties so afraid? Are you afraid that Jeb Bush and Katharine Harris won't be able to steal the election if you need them to again?

Gore fought tooth and nail because the election was decided only by a handful of votes (well 5 on the Supreme Court to be exact). If the shoe had been on the other foot, Dubya would've done the same. Once the election was decided, Gore accepted his fate and moved on. He even presided over the actual count of the electoral votes in Congress.

acludem

What treaty is this? and where are your ACLU buddies suing to keep our rights? I find it rather convient that you seem to think this is not an important enough right to fight for just because it helps you politically.

And btw. Bush won every recount. even Gores illegal ones. just let it go.

ScreamingEagle said:
So the UN becomes the tie-breaker if the election is close?

That's POWER we are giving away to the outside the world. I can't believe that Bush invited them to "observe". What's up with that?! :mad:

Of course the left wants us to become "acclimated" to the idea of UN or world power. They will do it in baby steps like this. The clash of the last election is NO reason for bringing in outside observers. Either our system works or it doesn't. This invitation of other countries is almost a tacit agreement that it doesn't.

Just because the liberals raised a BIG STINK last election does not mean that our system is not working. This is almost like rewarding the liberals for being sore losers. The liberals are so disrespectful of our U.S. system of government! Besides they WANT world government. This is just giving them what they want.

We must NEVER allow other countries to observe our elections with the purpose of being a referee.

Actually this isn't the UN. The Organization for Security and Cooperation is a completely different organization. We have the lovely (sarcasm) Corrine Brown to thank for this. I haven't heard anything on the UN thing in awhile.

While I really don't like the idea, it may not be too bad. They are suppose to be there ONLY to observe. The Dems have asked for this, so when Bush is re-elected they won't have all the bs they had in 2000 to fall back on and use as an excuse.

acludem said:

Gore fought tooth and nail because the election was decided only by a handful of votes (well 5 on the Supreme Court to be exact). If the shoe had been on the other foot, Dubya would've done the same. Once the election was decided, Gore accepted his fate and moved on. He even presided over the actual count of the electoral votes in Congress.

acludem

I don't know what treaty you're talking about, but nobody is afraid of anything. I think it's quite obvious that President Bush isn't afraid. It's just a shame that a bunch of whiny, bitchy Democrats and conspiracy theorists have driven things to the point that something like this is even considered. When Kerry loses in November, I hope all the Dems remember this was their idea and it's their own fault they won't be able to scream about the election being stolen.

A little background info the wonderful Corrine Brown(sarcasm)

Brown has left a trail of unpaid bills from businesses she owned in Gainesville, Jacksonville and Tallahassee during the early 1990s.
In 1994, a consortium of airlines sued Brown for $94,000 in because her company, Springfield Travel Agency Inc., falsified sales reports and did not pay its bills. Delta Air Lines revoked her authority to write tickets because of an unpaid $7,237 bill. She also owed $5,697 to the University of Florida and tried to pay part of the bill with a bad check.

The IRS also went after Brown for $14,228 in unpaid taxes and the Whirlpool Corp. had to go to court to try and collect $10,227 in unpaid bills for appliances

Corrine Brown

Jimmyeatworld said:
I don't know what treaty you're talking about, but nobody is afraid of anything. I think it's quite obvious that President Bush isn't afraid. It's just a shame that a bunch of whiny, bitchy Democrats and conspiracy theorists have driven things to the point that something like this is even considered. When Kerry loses in November, I hope all the Dems remember this was their idea and it's their own fault they won't be able to scream about the election being stolen.

Kerry may lose in Nov but the DNC intends to fight it with all the lawyers they can muster. They have never accepted Gores' loss in 2000 and have no intention of accepting defeat again. Gores' piss poor attitude about losing has spread party wide. If we can survive the ensuing anarchy, this one will be in the Suprme court too. Notice how the DNC has encouraged all dems to vote absentee? FLorida can't even start counting these ballots until the polls are closed and iyt will take days. Plenty enough time to begin suits shenanigans (sp?) all over the country.

screw this election monitering crap. the american citizens have a much better method for ensuring a fair and honest election. Its called revolution. Let ANY candidate use ballot stuffing, election rigging, or any other method to turn false election results and watch america erupt.

dilloduck said:
I see you are as uneasy about nov 3 as I am.

I look at it this way, If GW wins in a landslide then the dems need to shut up and rethink their ideas. If Kerry wins by a landslide then not only the repubs, but america itself needs to rethink what it is that they want. If its close in one state and they hash it out once and the results are the same, leave it. If theres a need to investigate it, fine, do so quickly. If theres malicious intent on rigging the outcome, shoot the bastards.

DKSuddeth said:
I look at it this way, If GW wins in a landslide then the dems need to shut up and rethink their ideas. If Kerry wins by a landslide then not only the repubs, but america itself needs to rethink what it is that they want. If its close in one state and they hash it out once and the results are the same, leave it. If theres a need to investigate it, fine, do so quickly. If theres malicious intent on rigging the outcome, shoot the bastards.

I'm definately hoping for a land slide one way or the other. An election as close as the last one has the possibilty of becoming dangerous.Goon squads from both sides going crazy. Niether of the two can unite the nation IMHO.
We'll need a lot of ammo to get all the bastards in this race.

tim_duncan2000 said:
These people have no business doing this. I hate this idea.

Doesn't sound pretty but what do you think our country will look like after the election (no matter who wins ) .

People will accept anything nowadays. Which is one big reason why Bush better win, or we'll be seeing the UN run our military, the rich taxed into oblivion, the illegal immigrants getting bussed in by the Californis mass transit system, the second ammendment redefined to mean only the ATF and rich Dems.

Does anyone know the tax rate increase that made Sam & John Adams decide to start shooting ?

fubar said:
People will accept anything nowadays. Which is one big reason why Bush better win, or we'll be seeing the UN run our military, the rich taxed into oblivion, the illegal immigrants getting bussed in by the Californis mass transit system, the second ammendment redefined to mean only the ATF and rich Dems.

The UN will no be running our military with John Kerry in charge anymore than the UN was running the military when Bush Sr. was in charge and invaded Iraq. If the republican congress understood the constitution they would realize that is congress and not the president that declares wars and authorizes the president to send troops in the first place. If they would start doing their job, commander in chief kerry would not be able to order the troops to do the UN's bidding.

And Bush has done nothing to correct all the unconstitutional gun laws on the books. He wants to renew the assualt weapon ban. You should be worried about him staying in office just as much as you are worried about kerry taking office.

Does anyone know the tax rate increase that made Sam & John Adams decide to start shooting ?

It was well below what Bush is giving us. Bush has done next to nothing for us in regards to taxes, and been horrible in regards to spending (which is the one you should really pay attention to).

I hope the reasoning behind this is that it will reassure some voters who feel that the system is corrupt. I do think it stinks. However, a recent poll shows that about 3/4 of blacks think that their vote doesn't count. The libs have told the lie so many times that people believe it. If having outside monitors gives some the illusion of legitimacy, then I can see why the State Dept. approved it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back