Sometimes I'd Like To Whack This Administration

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
:wtf: The administration has asked 'foreign' monitors to observe the elections:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040807-101537-3203r.htm

Washington, DC, Aug. 7 (UPI) -- The White House has invited international monitors to observe the U.S. presidential election in November, the Washington Times reported Saturday.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe will monitor the U.S. election Nov. 2 at President Bush's invitation. Members include Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain and the United States.

"OSCE members, including the United States, agreed in 1990 in Copenhagen to allow fellow members to observe elections in one another's countries.

The OSCE, headquartered in Vienna, Austria, has deployed observers to more than 150 elections in Europe and around the world. The observer team will arrive in September to plan how to monitor the election, including how many observers to send and where to deploy them.

OSCE officials deployed an observer team to monitor the most recent U.S. general election on Nov. 5, 2002.

"OSCE members, including the United States, agreed in 1990 in Copenhagen to allow fellow members to observe elections in one another's countries.
So are they "observing" or 'monitoring'? I don't know how I feel about this. I don't like the idea that other countries are coming over to 'babysit' our elections. On the other hand, if they're monitoring, it will keep the liberals from crying "foul" when Bush wins again, at least we'll have witnesses this time that he won fairly, lol!

UsaPride said:
So are they "observing" or 'monitoring'? I don't know how I feel about this. I don't like the idea that other countries are coming over to 'babysit' our elections. On the other hand, if they're monitoring, it will keep the liberals from crying "foul" when Bush wins again, at least we'll have witnesses this time that he won fairly, lol!

That's probably the thinking, but it's wrong. We should not have other countries/UN doing anything with our elections. Especially not France!

Kathianne said:
That's probably the thinking, but it's wrong. We should not have other countries/UN doing anything with our elections. Especially not France!
I agree!! :beer:

Kathianne said:

I would like to believe we have honorable politicians who can accept a loss but Gore proved we don't. If Bush is looking at the line up of lawyers on both sides he may feel that he can't just allow 2000 to happen again. I find it childish that the Dems have already announced that they will contest a Bush victory and bringing in monitors form other coutries is surely a sign of internal weakness. Maybe we've reached the critical mass prior to anarchy. All the foreigners can do is witness the chaos.
The dems will ignore foreigners who state the election was fair. they don't give a shit about them.

dilloduck said:
I would like to believe we have honorable politicians who can accept a loss but Gore proved we don't. If Bush is looking at the line up of lawyers on both sides he may feel that he can't just allow 2000 to happen again. I find it childish that the Dems have already announced that they will contest a Bush victory and bringing in monitors form other coutries is surely a sign of internal weakness. Maybe we've reached the critical mass prior to anarchy. All the foreigners can do is witness the chaos.

I have to agree with you Dillo. Totally out of control. Where are the grown-ups?

I am just afraid that the UN monitors might be in bed with the left and if Bush wins, they will still create some kind of controvery by them saying they feel there was too much corruption even if it is unfounded.

Actually i dont think having foriegn monitors will stop liberals from crying foul. quite the opposite. they will yell that the foriegn monitors had undo influence in the election and be crying foul that they helped cheat them.

Actually i dont think having foriegn monitors will stop liberals from crying foul. quite the opposite. they will yell that the foriegn monitors had undo influence in the election and be crying foul that they helped cheat them.

Exactly. The Euroweeinies that will make up the "observers" will most likely cry foul if Bush wins in an attempt to help Kerry.

I don't like this at all!! As others have posted,I feel that if Bush wins the Dems will say this group had something to do with it. I cannot believe that Gearge Bush is bowing to this crap. The most powerful country in the world does not need help with their elections. Florida maybe(heehee).

:lame2: :huh:

I want to see if the eurolibs have the balls to actually declare our elections illegitimate. I say bring em on in. :firing:

So the UN becomes the tie-breaker if the election is close?

That's POWER we are giving away to the outside the world. I can't believe that Bush invited them to "observe". What's up with that?! :mad:

Of course the left wants us to become "acclimated" to the idea of UN or world power. They will do it in baby steps like this. The clash of the last election is NO reason for bringing in outside observers. Either our system works or it doesn't. This invitation of other countries is almost a tacit agreement that it doesn't.

Just because the liberals raised a BIG STINK last election does not mean that our system is not working. This is almost like rewarding the liberals for being sore losers. The liberals are so disrespectful of our U.S. system of government! Besides they WANT world government. This is just giving them what they want.

We must NEVER allow other countries to observe our elections with the purpose of being a referee.

ScreamingEagle said:
So the UN becomes the tie-breaker if the election is close?

That's POWER we are giving away to the outside the world. I can't believe that Bush invited them to "observe". What's up with that?! :mad:

Of course the left wants us to become "acclimated" to the idea of UN or world power. They will do it in baby steps like this. The clash of the last election is NO reason for bringing in outside observers. Either our system works or it doesn't. This invitation of other countries is almost a tacit agreement that it doesn't.

Just because the liberals raised a BIG STINK last election does not mean that our system is not working. This is almost like rewarding the liberals for being sore losers. The liberals are so disrespectful of our U.S. system of government! Besides they WANT world government. This is just giving them what they want.

We must NEVER allow other countries to observe our elections with the purpose of being a referee.

Totally agreed! I worry that even if there is a landslide or even a pretty wide margin,there will still be a fight. I wonder if this is somehow Bush's way of saying he isn't worried or so that he isn't accused of all the horsecrap from beforein Florida because of his brother being gov of Florida. Bad,bad idea IMO.

France?!?!?!? Russia?!?!?!??!?!?!? Monitoring US elections?!?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's what you call "the fox guarding the henhouse"!!!!!!

And what are they going to do if they don't agree with the outcome? (And you know, of course, that they aren't going to like the outcome if GWB wins).

P.S. to answer the question "Where are the grownups?", I can tell you where they are not .... Hollywood, the Upper East Side of New York, the New York Times, on the faculties of major universities, in the entertainment business ..... A lot of those people never recovered from finding out that there really isn't a Santa Claus. They've been taking it out on the rest of us ever since!

KarlMarx said:
France?!?!?!? Russia?!?!?!??!?!?!? Monitoring US elections?!?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's what you call "the fox guarding the henhouse"!!!!!!

And what are they going to do if they don't agree with the outcome? (And you know, of course, that they aren't going to like the outcome if GWB wins).

I do believe that's why I want to whack them! :slap:

freeandfun1 said:
Exactly. The Euroweeinies that will make up the "observers" will most likely cry foul if Bush wins in an attempt to help Kerry.

Does make one wonder why the Dems are so nervous, if they have this election sown up like they claim, why the need for a back up plan.......... :dunno:

The U.S. agreed to this when they signed the treaty. Why are all you Righties so afraid? Are you afraid that Jeb Bush and Katharine Harris won't be able to steal the election if you need them to again?

Gore fought tooth and nail because the election was decided only by a handful of votes (well 5 on the Supreme Court to be exact). If the shoe had been on the other foot, Dubya would've done the same. Once the election was decided, Gore accepted his fate and moved on. He even presided over the actual count of the electoral votes in Congress.

acludem

acludem said:
The U.S. agreed to this when they signed the treaty. Why are all you Righties so afraid? Are you afraid that Jeb Bush and Katharine Harris won't be able to steal the election if you need them to again?

Gore fought tooth and nail because the election was decided only by a handful of votes (well 5 on the Supreme Court to be exact). If the shoe had been on the other foot, Dubya would've done the same. Once the election was decided, Gore accepted his fate and moved on. He even presided over the actual count of the electoral votes in Congress.

acludem

How many recounts were we subjected to in 2000? The whole case went to the Supreme Court because the Gore camp simply would not accept the decision of the Florida Supreme Court that they had lost the election.

Over riding what a millions of voters have decided with a handful of judges, that sounds just like the ACLU's favorite hobby.

As for Gore moving on, he's been whining about it for 4 years.

Forum List

Back