Which Party Is Being Nasty?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    A Challenge is Issued:
    http://www.al.com/opinion/mobileregister/qhillyer.ssf?/base/opinion/1091785647136640.xml

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Why is it that the Democrats can get away with it and Republicans can't? And don't give me the "high road" excuse. The Liberals used that when the Abu mess came out, "America is above that, we take the high road", but then they turn around and insult Bush and his Administration, and Republicans are supposed to take the "high road" by not attacking back at them. :bat:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think that has been the case for years. Today though, between the blogs and the opening of discourse by FOX, it may be changing. I'm not so sure that the Liberals are going to be allowed to smear with impunity, they are going to be held more accountable, as the article challenges! :D

4. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Call me anal, but one of my biggest pet peeves is people doing and saying things (whether immoral, illegal, or just plain rude) and be able to get away with it. I was raised to show respect and when I see people being down right hateful and not being held responsible, it irks the hell out of me!
    I hope you're right!! :beer:

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :cheers2:

The Swifties Fire Back

6. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    :spank3:

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Oh please, the dingbats who are complaining that the republicans are promoting a negative campaign just becuase they are citing Kerry's record ought to think back...

did they ever serve on a college board who accepted/denied students based on their high school grades and test scores (as in the student's record)

did they ever hire/not hire someone based upon his resume, prior work experience and recommendations (as in the prospect's record)

did they ever purchase/not purchase a product baesd on consumer research (i.e., the record of that product)

are they now hiring their lawyers based on the lawyer's win/loss ration (i.e., their record)???????

Every single day people are judged by their record of behavior. And that is not negative...it's reality. Unless their record is being lied about, which I am sure it is not, it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Seems to me the Kerry ads and speeches that I have heard, and most of the talk I hear around town for Kerry/democrat supporters has been based on lies, incomplete information and considerably one-sided.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    As i've posted before--the democrats campaign cry should be " Making the world safe for hyprcrisy ". It's become a bit more frightening as I have come to realize what this really means. While not a "religious" man I understand the power that is most exemplified in "The Golden Rule". This simple dogma (if you will) has been forefront in civilized human relations and I dare say the direct cause of peaceful times.

When a group of individuals or nations choose to ignore the "do unto others---" concept, the age of diplomacy ends. There is no more compromising. There is no concern of the consequences of ones behavior. Winning at all costs is the goal . Truth and responsibility are the victims.

IMHO, the Dems have abandoned the Golden Rule. We can point out all the inconsistancy and hypocrisy in thier efforts but it falls on deaf ears. They don't play by this rule and use the morality of those who do to cripple them.
    A dangerous enemy!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    SOOOOOOoo IMHO--the dems are nasty :cof:

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    A dangerous enemy indeed! It is high time that we all realize that. I just hope it is not too late.