Sometimes I think we have a ways to go for enforcing the laws we have.

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
To get respect you have to give respect. This is just passing on terrible behavior on to the the next generation, not helping anyone. It's hard to understand the sense of entitlement in some people, and it's all colors and faiths.

To get respect you have to give respect. This is just passing on terrible behavior on to the the next generation, not helping anyone. It's hard to understand the sense of entitlement in some people, and it's all colors and faiths.

What do you mean "Sometimes"? It is obvious, to me, cities, towns and communities with elected leaders, do not wish to part with the money necessary to enforce all our laws, meant to keep society in check and protected from its more radical elements. This includes not enough law enforcement, lenient judges, not enough prisons, lenient parole boards trying to balance sentencing and constraints of overcrowding. It all costs money, and elected official do not want to be seen as harsh or blowing tax dollars, if they expect to keep their jobs and move forward in their political careers. But, that is the rub. We elect them to see to proper management, but sometimes in involves hard choices, they simply lack the courage to make, based on their situation.

I read somewhere that the government passes about 40000 new regulations and laws every year.

The goal though is, not to enforce all of them, but just the ones involving people targeted by the government.

In other words, make everything illegal, and then pick apart your political opponents with them.

As Joe Stalin once said, "Show me the man and I will show you the crime".

Forum List

Back