Something Weird; found someone using my pic

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I was looking at recommended 'friends' on FB and noticed someone whose pic looked a lot like me.

I messaged the dude, and he said he just got it off the internet for an old fart.

OK, so I look like an old fart, but how does he get my pic?

I looked at it closer and duh, it was not me, but someone as ugly as me.

Damn, it is somehow comforting to know I am not the only one that has to wear this mug.

The dude stopped using it anyway, but I cant help but wonder how many people do look like me, or how many dopplegangers there are for each of us?

I saw me once. I was on Hwy 99 toodling home and a car passed me slowly. I glanced over and the passenger seat was occupied by...me. I stared at her, mouth agape. She stared at me. The driver stayed even with me so she and I could gawk at each other. Then other cars wanted to pass, so they sped up and she waved and smiled...and I returned the wave and smile.

I saw me once. I was on Hwy 99 toodling home and a car passed me slowly. I glanced over and the passenger seat was occupied by...me. I stared at her, mouth agape. She stared at me. The driver stayed even with me so she and I could gawk at each other. Then other cars wanted to pass, so they sped up and she waved and smiled...and I returned the wave and smile.

Hilarious. You have reminded me of another time I noticed this. I was watching the evening news and there was this guy who was doing some kind of demonstration (of some physics? cant remember) and he looked like he could have been my twin brother.

Poor man. But nothing since then, till now.

15gouvs.jpg

At highway speeds, one sometimes experiences the dopplerganger effect.

Forum List

Back