Something To Keep Some Amused On A Dark, Blustery Friday Night

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2005/10/karl-rove-nosed-his-jaguar-out-of.html#comments

Friday, October 14, 2005
"Karl Rove nosed his Jaguar out of the garage at his home in Northwest Washington in the predawn gloom..."
Is this the beginning of some pulp novel? No, it's just another nonstory about the Plame investigation. The White House is "jittery." Check. There is "a mood of intense uncertainty." Noted.

IN THE COMMENTS: It's a dark and stormy night in there: a real Bulwer-Lytton contest!

posted by Ann Althouse at 1:00 PM

From the comments:

Pastor_Jeff said...

OMG! This is so bad, it's like the Bulwer-Lytton contest. Let's play!

Karl Rove nosed his Jaguar out of the garage at his home in Northwest Washington in the predawn gloom, starting another day in which he would be dealing with a troubled Supreme Court nomination, posthurricane reconstruction and all the other issues that come across the desk of President Bush's most influential aide.

But Mr. Rove's first challenge on Wednesday morning came before he cleared his driveway.

There was a beautiful woman in the front seat of the Jag. Trouble was, this one was dead.
1:21 PM
Lawrence said...

My turn.

"The President paused during his early morning bike ride to glance at the dark foreboding sky and wondered if the heavens portends the day ahead..."

BTW I just cauge the the cable news coverage - not much better.
1:23 PM
Freeman Hunt said...

The road was cold and hard. Cold like the impersonal logic behind the eyes of Chief Justice Roberts. Hard like the hearts of Karl's conservative supporters. Worse yet, the road was black. Rove hated black.
1:31 PM
JBlog said...

Me, me!

He drank the coffee. It was good. He drank some more.

Then, he reached for his luger.
1:53 PM

... there are lots more, or maybe you wish to do your own?

Forum List

Back