Something that I think deserves it's own thread.

We need a Government that works. Your notion that the Government must be run by consensus is total BULLSHIT!

THERE WILL NEVER BE CONSENSUS.
There's consensus about most things actually.

But let's drop the term "consensus", since you seem to me misinterpreting it, and just focus on my suggestion that laws should require a two-thirds majority. You insist that nothing would get done, and I don't buy that. The important things that we can agree on would still get done. The things we can't agree on, won't happen. They shouldn't.
The entire basis of Democracy is that there will always be contention. That's the whole point of democracy.
Which is why the founders didn't want unlimited democracy.
Democracy has never been and should never be the LOVE FEST that you think it should be. Congress will never hold hands and sing KUMBAYA.
That's not what I'm saying. At all. I'm just saying that it's stupid to pass laws that half the country despises.
We have a dysfunctional government because of the filibuster. It's not how Democracy works.
I disagree. We have a dysfunctional government because of the two-party shitshow, and because government has too much power over society.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back