Something Is Wrong, and It’s Not the Universe

So you are saying that matter was created by the expansion of nothing.
No. It was created by the expansion of space, in the theory we are discussing.
There is not any reason to assume that space was not always there. I do find it comical for any human to seriously say that matter just created itself because the big bang just felt like creating a universe. There is no theory that allows even a single atom to be created from nothing, so one comes back to particle fluctuations
He doesn’t know what particle fluctuations means.
But he thinks he does and that counts in the mental ward

There is not any reason to assume that space was not always there.
I don't disagree entirely. There is, however, good reason to assume it was , at the very least, compacted into something unrecognizable and beyond our knowledge of the laws of physics. And expansion would then had to have happened, by what we know. So the meat of the big bang theory still holds, in any event.
First you say that space was created from nothing then you say it was compacted presumably by a space compactor

I do not think you are hearing yourself

The answer is clearly God, denoting God as the knowledge to create anything, have that and you can easily create 1 or a trillion new Earths to be fruitful and multiply on

So you are saying that matter was created by the expansion of nothing.
No. It was created by the expansion of space, in the theory we are discussing.
There is not any reason to assume that space was not always there. I do find it comical for any human to seriously say that matter just created itself because the big bang just felt like creating a universe. There is no theory that allows even a single atom to be created from nothing, so one comes back to particle fluctuations
He doesn’t know what particle fluctuations means.
But he thinks he does and that counts in the mental ward

"But he thinks he does and that counts in the mental ward."

Worth repeating ad nauseum.

That's the best explanation for Fort Fun Indiana. He gets his explanations wrong which I've already pointed out with the balloon analogy. He provides no links and just keeps talking like he knows and understands big bang, but he inserts stupid things and then you just roll your eyeballs. He doesn't understand what someone else is trying to patiently explain to him. I come back from enjoying my Sunday and he's still rambling. This guy is seriously autistic, but no idiot savant. Just a plain old idiot who needs his meds and belong in a mental ward.

Did he explain how his expansion started? How did spacetime just appear? I gave up after he didn't understand how astronomical or natural explosions work like supervova (not as well understood as we like to think (!)), solar flares, volcanoes, sound waves at supersonic speeds, etc. It is the buildup of gases and high temperature.

Anyway, we need to move on. At least for Fort Fun Indiana, we figured out what was wrong in his universe :laughing0301:.

Correct, but explosions all behave the same.
Not this one. This one did not explode "into" space, like the explosions you are describing. It is space.

You could never point in the direction of the "origin" of the Big Bang. This direction simply does not exist in space. As such, nothing can be said to be moving with any proper motion to any "blast direction".

We can't point our telescopes to this point in space, because it does not exist. So, instead, to take a snapshot, we had to image the entire observable universe.

I knew you were going discuss telescopes eventually :laugh:.

th
+
tiny_digital_camera.jpg

Even your balloon analogy had a beginning. a direction, and hole you were blowing in.

NVQRhU.gif

There, there, Fort Fun Indiana, we understand.

I don't disagree entirely. There is, however, good reason to assume it was , at the very least, compacted into something unrecognizable and beyond our knowledge of the laws of physics. And expansion would then had to have happened, by what we know. So the meat of the big bang theory still holds, in any event.

Violation of the laws of physics. This is from YOUR magical sky fairy :19:.

Last edited:
Correct, but explosions all behave the same.
Not this one. This one did not explode "into" space, like the explosions you are describing. It is space.

You could never point in the direction of the "origin" of the Big Bang. This direction simply does not exist in space. As such, nothing can be said to be moving with any proper motion to any "blast direction".

We can't point our telescopes to this point in space, because it does not exist. So, instead, to take a snapshot, we had to image the entire observable universe.

I knew you were going discuss telescopes eventually :laugh:.

th
+View attachment 285506

Even your balloon analogy had a beginning. a direction, and hole you were blowing in.

NVQRhU.gif

There, there, Fort Fun Indiana, we understand.

Violation of the laws of physics. This is from YOUR magical sky fairy :19:.

I thank God that I do not understand you

Sure you did, when you say that expansion created matter you are saying that something came from nothing.
False. At that point, per the theory, energy was converted to matter.

Now you're up to speed on 30 year old physics.

How is it possible for galaxies to not be all travelling away from each other in a giant sphere?
Because the expansion of space does not preclude any velocoties within it. Even a thrown baseball has a higher velocity relative to the thrower than it would simply due to the expansion of space.

You can check that yourself. Place a baseball on the ground and measure its velocity relative to you. Then throw it, and do the same.

The reason galaxies can collide is the same reason an object can fall to earth, instead of never reaching the ground due to the expansion of sace.

I have seen plenty of explosions in my life. Not once have I seen a rock travel at right angles to the direction of the blast.
Good point... if the universe is expanding from a central spot, then why do galaxies collide?

galaxies-colliding.jpg

Last edited:
The laws of physics determine that the universe can not be expanding as fast as it is..
False.
NASA says that the universe is expanding at 5 times light speed
How is it possible for galaxies to not be all travelling away from each other in a giant sphere?
Because the expansion of space does not preclude any velocoties within it. Even a thrown baseball has a higher velocity relative to the thrower than it would simply due to the expansion of space.

You can check that yourself. Place a baseball on the ground and measure its velocity relative to you. Then throw it, and do the same.

The reason galaxies can collide is the same reason an object can fall to earth, instead of never reaching the ground due to the expansion of sace.

I have seen plenty of explosions in my life. Not once have I seen a rock travel at right angles to the direction of the blast.
Good point... if the universe is expanding from a central spot, then how do galaxies collide?

galaxies-colliding.jpg
There would also need to be a void where expansion began

The laws of physics determine that the universe can not be expanding as fast as it is..
False.

Good point... if the universe is expanding from a central spot, then how do galaxies collide?

galaxies-colliding.jpg
And where did the void come from, and where does the void end?

False.

galaxies-colliding.jpg

The big bang determines that matter should form a sort of a shell of expanded matter traveling out from the center that now would be a void. The lack of this huge area is a major flaw to the big bang theory as is the speeding of expansion

False.

galaxies-colliding.jpg

The big bang determines that matter should form a sort of a shell of expanded matter traveling out from the center that now would be a void. The lack of this huge area is a major flaw to the big bang theory as is the speeding of expansion
I think the big bang theory is a big bust.

But the show on TV is pretty funny.

False.

galaxies-colliding.jpg

Someone was ask about the void being missing and they claimed that there really was no big bang just a moment when matter came into existence.

Corky has as much idea about where the universe came from as anyone

galaxies-colliding.jpg

Someone was ask about the void being missing and they claimed that there really was no big bang just a moment when matter came into existence.

I don't think we can wrap our heads around any of it when questions like, when did time begin, how did everything come into existence, and how big is the universe are asked. We simply don't even have the capacity to comprehend such things. All we can do is guess.

I don't think we can wrap our heads around any of it when questions like, when did time begin, how did everything come into existence, and how big is the universe are asked. We simply don't even have the capacity to comprehend such things. All we can do is guess.
Nothing is wrong with any of those questions, or in seeking the answers. On the other hand paying to send ones child to a school because some professor claims to know makes less sense than snorting Fentanyl

Forum List

Back