Something good Obama has done and he should do more of it

18.png

Under Bush:

Pardons were granted to 12% of whites, 10% of Hispanics and Asians, and zero percent of Blacks and Native Americans.

An African American woman from Little Rock, fined $3,000 for underreporting her income in 1989, was denied a pardon; a white woman from the same city who faked multiple tax returns to collect more than $25,000 in refunds got one. A black, first-time drug offender — a Vietnam veteran who got probation in South Carolina for possessing 1.1 grams of crack – was turned down. A white, fourth-time drug offender who did prison time for selling 1,050 grams of methamphetamine was pardoned.

Racial Bias in Presidential Pardons » Sociological Images

Sure am glad to know racism is a thing of the past. Just ask USMB Republicans. They'll tell you.

once again Dean thanks for proving me right.....you cant carry on a conversation without bringing Republicans into it.....not one person mentioned either party....until you got here.....get fucking help....geezus.....

Add in..Bush was no racist. :eusa_shhh:

Racism is fine as long as you don't talk about it. And you are wrong to use data and give actual examples.

once again Dean thanks for proving me right.....you cant carry on a conversation without bringing Republicans into it.....not one person mentioned either party....until you got here.....get fucking help....geezus.....

Racism is fine as long as you don't talk about it. And you are wrong to use data and give actual examples.

is rape ok too as long as you dont talk about it?....how about pedophilia?.....spousal abuse?....how about that?.....geezus.....you are more disturbed then what i thought...you are not just obsessed with Republicans .....you are also Mentally Disturbed....dam....commit yourself....do society a favor....

Having worked with crack addicts, I can tell you that prison isn't the answer. But then neither is jut letting them go with no requirement of getting treatment.
the treatment centers they have for middle class and poor people are not worth a damn. I know because I was a patient of a bunch 20 years ago.

3 weeks of an insurance based in patient, 3 months of a christian based in patient program, none of the those worked for me. I always went back to the coke. NA? Nope... That was just a meeting place for new conections.

The only thing that worked for me is seeing people I know die, doing the math / figure out the thousnds of dollars I blown and growing up.

The problem with what is avaible to the middle class and poor. Is the cousolers/shrinks are stupider than you.

Reminder.... This is a Zone 2 Thread. Try to keep it on topic and include relevant comment in your posts. :)

Having worked with crack addicts, I can tell you that prison isn't the answer. But then neither is jut letting them go with no requirement of getting treatment.
the treatment centers they have for middle class and poor people are not worth a damn. I know because I was a patient of a bunch 20 years ago.

3 weeks of an insurance based in patient, 3 months of a christian based in patient program, none of the those worked for me. I always went back to the coke. NA? Nope... That was just a meeting place for new conections.

The only thing that worked for me is seeing people I know die, doing the math / figure out the thousnds of dollars I blown and growing up.

The problem with what is avaible to the middle class and poor. Is the cousolers/shrinks are stupider than you.

looking at the wrecked lives of the addicted celebrities, it seems that it does not work for the 1% in their cushy mansion programs as well.

Unless something changes in YOU.

looking at the wrecked lives of the addicted celebrities, it seems that it does not work for the 1% in their cushy mansion programs as well.

Unless something changes in YOU.
I always remember what Morgan Freemon ? Once said when he was asked why he didn't do drugs or Alcohol any more ? He replied..... Because it makes me broke.

Another problem is we spend way to much putting people in jail and nill on rehab.It is just like Reagan getting rid of the mental hospitals and throwing the mentally ill in jail instead.

Prisions just teaches them a new trade for some and others makes them more hateful.

Obama commutes sentences of 8 inmates with crack cocaine convictions, citing 2010 law - The Washington Post

And encourage state governors to do it too.

There are way too many people who are in jail for petty offenses, some because they were swept up in the net to try to get to serious criminals and then they didn't have the leverage to make themselves a deal because they were only peripherally involved in their acquaintances' criminal lives to begin with.

Like girlfriends of dealers who get lengthy sentences while the dealers get squat.

Fix this!

On the federal level and on the state level.

Penalties and mandatory minimums for crack cocaine are demonstratbly racist.

Obama commutes sentences of 8 inmates with crack cocaine convictions, citing 2010 law - The Washington Post

There are way too many people who are in jail for petty offenses, some because they were swept up in the net to try to get to serious criminals and then they didn't have the leverage to make themselves a deal because they were only peripherally involved in their acquaintances' criminal lives to begin with.

Like girlfriends of dealers who get lengthy sentences while the dealers get squat.

Fix this!

No its not. It is who gets caught and can not afford a lawyer to get them out of it. Powder coke always leads to crack. No matter what color you are.

The real problem with legalization is that drugs will become so cheap that functional drug addicts will OD/DOA in really huge numbers shocking people into a return to prohibition. The ones who can't kick and according to AA that's 95% for alcoholics will most likely die from alcohol. I kind of doubt that the success rate is any higher for meth, cocaine or heroin than the 5% for alcoholism. Yeah this is evolution in action and drugs will provide high tax revenues but this is not as simple as people think.

Fix this!

No its not. It is who gets caught and can not afford a lawyer to get them out of it. Powder coke always leads to crack. No matter what color you are.

Thanks for being so predictable and easy to manipulate.

Argueing with people over the simple truth of racist punishments in some laws, as here, is like argueing with someone who rejects the assertion, "the sky is blue." While I could bury you with facts, I'm not inclined to any more than I'd argue with you over the color of the sky.

It's basically the Pub war on drugs...and the mentally ill- as well as everyone else but the rich...

Drugs? How about murder, rape, robbery, homicide? Sodomy, pedophilia... you name it.

Hell, Obama is letting them all across the border and handing them all blank checks so they can suckle from the Dem teat.

Pub war? :lol:

You're such a Dem whore.

18.png

Under Bush:

Pardons were granted to 12% of whites, 10% of Hispanics and Asians, and zero percent of Blacks and Native Americans.

An African American woman from Little Rock, fined $3,000 for underreporting her income in 1989, was denied a pardon; a white woman from the same city who faked multiple tax returns to collect more than $25,000 in refunds got one. A black, first-time drug offender — a Vietnam veteran who got probation in South Carolina for possessing 1.1 grams of crack – was turned down. A white, fourth-time drug offender who did prison time for selling 1,050 grams of methamphetamine was pardoned.

Racial Bias in Presidential Pardons » Sociological Images

Sure am glad to know racism is a thing of the past. Just ask USMB Republicans. They'll tell you.

Want to crunch the numbers on Obama?

You have got to be kidding me. In a rare moment of non-partisan unity, pretty much everyone in this thread has agreed with something that our President has done. Furthermore, most seem to agree with the general direction our country should take to address a certain problem in our country. Enter you, with divisive and race baiting bullshit, babbling and whining about the Bush administration.

I feel sorry for you.

I see you met rdean.

Funny how money didn't keep Kurt Cobain out of trouble. There is only one way to get somebody to stop taking drugs is to get them to want to stop. It worked for you, it works for everyone, and is absolute proof that free will trumps the fake science that created drug addiction.

The drug war will hopefully end soon.

I share your hope but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The war on drugs will end only when enough people realize that the illegality of drugs causes more death and human misery than the drugs themselves.

35- He's also right. Sorry to point out the paradox of Pub dupes- they love voting against their own interests, and for the greedy rich- that is against the lazy criminal poor people lol...ie themselves.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back