Something good comes from the Olympics after all....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This ...

U.S. Olympic Skeet Shooter: We Have The Second Amendment To Protect The First - Breitbart

U.S. Olympic trap and skeet shooter Kim Rhode stresses that the Second Amendment gives Americans the ability to protect the exercise of our First Amendment rights.
Rhode has won a medal in five consecutive Olympic games, and is aiming for more.

According to TIME, Rhode defended the Second Amendment, saying: ‘We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family.”

Then she got more specific — talking about how the Second Amendment is in the Bill of Rights to guarantee the exercise of freedoms. Rhode said, “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech.”

Rhode also stressed James Madison’s point, that Americans have guns to fend off government overreach and tyranny. Rhode said, “[The Second Amendment is] also to defend ourselves against our own government.”

TIME asked Rhode how she responds when gun control is pushed in response to terror attacks, such as the one in San Bernardino. Rhode said she understands the emotional basis on which gun control is pushed and that her “heart breaks” for the families of victims in such situations.

But she said the reality is that San Bernardino-like attacks prove the importance of carrying a gun for self-defense. She said, “[Such tragedies] make me want to carry even more.”

The Gun Control Battle is a Choice Between a Police State and a Free Society
The Gun Control Battle is a Choice Between a Police State and a Free Society

In an exclusive interview with ABC News he said, “there are really only two choices for protecting open societies…either create secure perimeters around the locations or allow civilians to carry their own guns to protect themselves.”

He went on (bold emphasis added):

“Societies have to think about how they’re going to approach the problem,” Noble said. “One is to say we want an armed citizenry; you can see the reason for that. Another is to say the enclaves are so secure that in order to get into the soft target you’re going to have to pass through extraordinary security.”

Let’s not sugarcoat what “extraordinary security” entails. Noble might not have meant it this way, but “secure” locations inevitably translate into prison-like environments. This approach means citizens are totally deprived of their right to self-defense in certain areas. “Security” means robbing people of their individual freedoms. It means checkpoints and searches as part of ordinary life.

Of course, there’s the free society option, where everyone has access to firearms and can protect themselves. No one must surrender their rights to be safe.

Exclusive: After Westgate, Interpol Chief Ponders 'Armed Citizenry'

Exclusive: After Westgate, Interpol Chief Ponders 'Armed Citizenry'

"Ask yourself: If that was Denver, Col., if that was Texas, would those guys have been able to spend hours, days, shooting people randomly?" Noble said, referring to states with pro-gun traditions. "What I'm saying is it makes police around the world question their views on gun control. It makes citizens question their views on gun control. You have to ask yourself, 'Is an armed citizenry more necessary now than it was in the past with an evolving threat of terrorism?' This is something that has to be discussed."

"For me it's a profound question," he continued. "People are quick to say 'gun control, people shouldn't be armed,' etc., etc. I think they have to ask themselves: 'Where would you have wanted to be? In a city where there was gun control and no citizens armed if you're in a Westgate mall, or in a place like Denver or Texas?'"

banning-guns.jpg

This ...

U.S. Olympic Skeet Shooter: We Have The Second Amendment To Protect The First - Breitbart

U.S. Olympic trap and skeet shooter Kim Rhode stresses that the Second Amendment gives Americans the ability to protect the exercise of our First Amendment rights.
....... ‘We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family.”

Then she got more specific — talking about how the Second Amendment is in the Bill of Rights to guarantee the exercise of freedoms. Rhode said, “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech.”

Too bad she didn't get to the part about turning water into wine because I have a theory that it's up to interpretation, and not to be taken literally.
teacher.gif

This ...

....... ‘We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family.”

Too bad she didn't get to the part about turning water into wine because I have a theory that it's up to interpretation, and not to be taken literally.
teacher.gif

Yes, progressives are the only creatures on this planet who will scream that the Bill of Rights is all about the individual freedoms they like, but for those they don't like the Bill of Rights doesn't really mean what it says. Typical collectivist scum. Oh, for the record.. your "theory" is cap.

Right to keep and bear arms in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[5][6]

Yes indeed....

George Mason: “I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.” (Elliott, Debates, 425-426)

Richard Henry Lee: “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.” (Additional letters from the Federal Farmer, at 169, 1788)

George Washington: “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”

James Madison: “A WELL REGULATED militia, composed of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.” (1st Annals of Congress, at 434, June 8th 1789, emphasis added.

Tenche Coxe: “Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” – Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts: “Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789.)

Patrick Henry: “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” 3 Elliot, Debates at 386.

This ...

teacher.gif

Yes, progressives are the only creatures on this planet who will scream that the Bill of Rights is all about the individual freedoms they like, but for those they don't like the Bill of Rights doesn't really mean what it says. Typical collectivist scum. Oh, for the record.. your "theory" is cap.
No, I am not 'progressive'. The contrary. It is you who is the progressive one. I do not take things out of context. The bible was written centuries ago, by superstitious men. The Constitution was written by men a couple hundred years ago and they never heard of automatic weapons. Unless you think the Gatling gun was on their minds. Is that what they were advocating, do you think?

Right to keep and bear arms in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[5][6]

Yes indeed....

George Mason: “I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.” (Elliott, Debates, 425-426)

Richard Henry Lee: “A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.” (Additional letters from the Federal Farmer, at 169, 1788)

George Washington: “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”

James Madison: “A WELL REGULATED militia, composed of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.” (1st Annals of Congress, at 434, June 8th 1789, emphasis added.

Tenche Coxe: “Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” – Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts: “Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789.)

Patrick Henry: “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” 3 Elliot, Debates at 386.
George Washington adds "disciplined" and James Madison adds "trained to arms". The right wants everyone to be armed regardless of qualifications.

I don't buy into that argument. It leaves image with me that the Dallas police snipper was some sort of freedom fighter. Plus with all the guns in America, if it was true then how come we still have the IRS?

Wait...didn't white republicans on this board bitch and cry when the Black muslim fencer had a politicsl opinion???
White conservatives bellyached about how the athetes should just perform and shut up.

Now a white girl is talking about guns and the Constitution and consertatives have broken out the dildos and pocket pussies...

I wonder what qualifies the "white" and "gun" descriptors gives her the right to a political opinion...

Yes indeed....

George Washington adds "disciplined" and James Madison adds "trained to arms". The right wants everyone to be armed regardless of qualifications.
Adds disciplined? Is that your way of supporting the NRA? Cause they promote discipline and education with gun ownership.

No, that is not what you meant you fucking loser.

Wait...didn't white republicans on this board bitch and cry when the Black muslim fencer had a politicsl opinion???
White conservatives bellyached about how the athetes should just perform and shut up.

Now a white girl is talking about guns and the Constitution and consertatives have broken out the dildos and pocket pussies...

I wonder what qualifies the "white" and "gun" descriptors gives her the right to a political opinion...
Fuck that unappreciative bitch following that pathetic stink fake religion.

This ...

teacher.gif

No, I am not 'progressive'. The contrary. It is you who is the progressive one. I do not take things out of context. The bible was written centuries ago, by superstitious men. The Constitution was written by men a couple hundred years ago and they never heard of automatic weapons. Unless you think the Gatling gun was on their minds. Is that what they were advocating, do you think?

Wrong..the first repeating rifles and magazine fed rifles already existed.......a Gatling gun is a crew served weapon....

Citizens have a right to the same weapons as the police and military......they work for us...we don't work for them.

Under your belief normal people should not have access to computers because they sure never knew they would exist when they wrote the Constitution....

Yes indeed....

And back in the day people like you said blacks shouldn't be allowed to vote if they couldn't pass a literacy test.........different time, different Right....same tactic.

This ...

teacher.gif

Exactly.

In the progressive mind, a woman has the right to murder her unborn baby whenever she so chooses. However, that same woman should not have the right to self defense using a gun.

CRAZY!!!!

This ...

teacher.gif

Are you saying that because those that wrote the Constitution had never heard of automatic weapons it means the right to bear arms only applies to those types that had been invented at that time?

This ...

teacher.gif

Wrong..the first repeating rifles and magazine fed rifles already existed.......a Gatling gun is a crew served weapon....

Citizens have a right to the same weapons as the police and military......they work for us...we don't work for them.

Under your belief normal people should not have access to computers because they sure never knew they would exist when they wrote the Constitution....
Man, you had better show a link! According to everything I have read, the first repeating rifles were made during the civil war. Magazine fed rifle in 1780? Show a link buddy!

The Supreme Court has already ruled on the fact that it can restrict the type of weapon you can have without having some kind of certification that you are a responsible citizen. You can have a Thompson .45, but you have to jump through hoops to show that you are not a danger with that weapon. The same rules should be applied to the semi-automatics that have a removable magazine, or a permanent magazine with a capacity larger than 5 rounds. That is what we will be working for after Clinton is elected.

This ...

teacher.gif

I think it is against the law for a private citizen to own a Gatling gun. Correct me if I am wrong and tell me what is your point if I am correct.

Forum List

Back