Something Different...

April

AngelsNDemons
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2012
Heaven and Hell
This thread is meant for non mainstream music (either past or present), and any musical artists who wish to share and discuss their work, or the work of others...if you wish to participate, I thank you in advance. :)

[ame=http://youtu.be/dYwyaxhoyD4]Delain - Silhouette of a Dancer [lyrics] - YouTube[/ame]

for Td

[ame=http://youtu.be/HuADMcxJGWY]Delain - Silhouette of a Dancer (acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

Oh I love this. Thank you so for putting this out there.

I most always worked with indies. Some stars, but mostly fringe and I loved every minute of it. From Joe Hall and the Continental Drift to the Forgotten Rebels.

I toured most of Canada with Joe promoting his hit (yes we are canucks and yes we drink a lot) called Vampire Beavers. I love those guys. One has passed on.Talent beyond. Paul Quarrington. Brilliant.

I adored my crazy bands.

Forgotten Rebels. Mickey De Sadist was awesome. The whole band was awesome. We'd pack them in at Larry's. What fun nights I had.

Tuck my kids into bed. And head off to work.

The fringe are wonderful. Showdown was my country fringe. Rodeo Song. They gave me my gold platinum and double. The band actually gave copies of them to me and my ex husband. How sweet is that?

Eddie Schwartz was kind enough to give me a copy of his Juno. Now Eddie isn't a household name unless you know Hit me with your best shot by Pat. The Juno copy I got was for All our tomorrows.

(Juno is the Canadian equivalent of a Grammy)

Garage bands, bands that play at socials, I just love them. Bars in Thunder Bay. Bars in Halifax. Bars in Kelowna. Keeping the music going from coast to coast.

Not everyone can be a star. That's ok. Just keep that music going for us.

Now for something completely different........................this bar was killer btw. And anyone out there who knows them you'll know the anthem. "Hey who called us assholes". That was coined in Buffalo. :lol:

[ame=http://youtu.be/IR997YjbFJk]Mickey DeSadist - Surfin on heroin - Forgotten Rebels - YouTube[/ame]

A girl with such heart as you still needs to get out and do what you do.......I left a message for you. ♥

Wow....are you still in Canada?

(please excuse my delay in response)

Lovin' this...Mickey DeSadist - Surfin on heroin - Forgotten Rebels -
...back home (Indiana) I grew up (from 13 on..) around and adopted a family ..mom dad granma and all the kids that are grown and on their own still singing and dancing.. that would open my eyes to the world of blues to all the dif subgeneres of metal and art, be it painting, dancing, writing, fashion.. they were my family away from family lol .. I dated the basist - my best friend would end up marrying and is still married 21 yrs and I adore them both to this day..anyhow...I was a bit more reserved in keeping my butt put, for different reasons...I do wish I was able to travel more with them when asked..I envy you and them...they still travel statewide and surrounding states..but dad and mom are getting a little up there in age...but, they live on through their children(my beloved friends) and grandchildren and yes great grands too ,you wouldn't believe the talent that runs through this families veins....it would take hours to tell it all....I love them all with my whole heart.
I haven't any vids because of copyright issues due to one of the singers passing, his widow holds those for now...that's a whole 'nother talk show...lol.

Thank you so much for sharing, td. ♥

Not for everyone, she's got a raspy voice kinda of bluesy.

[ame=http://youtu.be/c7wJ-eEiZn4]Alabama Shakes - How Many More Times [Audio] - YouTube[/ame]

A girl with such heart as you still needs to get out and do what you do.......I left a message for you. ♥

...back home (Indiana) I grew up (from 13 on..) around and adopted a family ..mom dad granma and all the kids that are grown and on their own still singing and dancing.. that would open my eyes to the world of blues to all the dif subgeneres of metal and art, be it painting, dancing, writing, fashion.. they were my family away from family lol .. I dated the basist - my best friend would end up marrying and is still married 21 yrs and I adore them both to this day..anyhow...I was a bit more reserved in keeping my butt put, for different reasons...I do wish I was able to travel more with them when asked..I envy you and them...they still travel statewide and surrounding states..but dad and mom are getting a little up there in age...but, they live on through their children(my beloved friends) and grandchildren and yes great grands too ,you wouldn't believe the talent that runs through this families veins....it would take hours to tell it all....I love them all with my whole heart.
I haven't any vids because of copyright issues due to one of the singers passing, his widow holds those for now...that's a whole 'nother talk show...lol.

Whoa hey this thread is still going!

25th wedding anniversary so I desperately tried to stay off usmb :eusa_angel:

If you don't mind me asking are you personally signed with ASCAP or BMI?

I always broke "the rules". I won for my bands because I did so. I stood for hours at the door to do the count because I always bet on our take would be higher than the house lied about.

Not a brag on but to just give you an idea. I'm sitting there at 100 years of Recorded Sound at the CNE (the CNE is a big eal up here) and my ex and I were prepped to promote all these indy band including my hubby of course.

2 slams in one night. Elvis died. And we were told you couldn't sell one album out of your booth.

Now this is not like a flea market thing. Ir's a big deal up here. This 3 day affair was costing me my kids educations. :lol: It was the 100 years of recorded sound in a really really big building

They told me I couldn't sell albums. Please tell me some one out there knows albums.

So I broke the rule. Well not exactly. But I got around them.:eusa_angel:

It appeared that the only way you could sell an album was to have it stocked at Sam's, But Sam was doing the hooccichoowith all the major labels.

I'm stuck with thousands out of pocket.

:eusa_angel:

So I sold posters. With every poster you got a free album.

:lol: Think outside the box.

Break the rules they give you.

This kid is friggin' full on talented....just...wow:

[ame=http://youtu.be/kZyuA_YjuVU]BEST BLUES GUITAR SOLO EVER!!! ***AMAZING*** - YouTube[/ame]

I love it when the right ones do a cover! Watch his other stuff too. :)

Whoa hey this thread is still going!

25th wedding anniversary so I desperately tried to stay off usmb :eusa_angel:

If you don't mind me asking are you personally signed with ASCAP or BMI?

I always broke "the rules". I won for my bands because I did so. I stood for hours at the door to do the count because I always bet on our take would be higher than the house lied about.

Not a brag on but to just give you an idea. I'm sitting there at 100 years of Recorded Sound at the CNE (the CNE is a big eal up here) and my ex and I were prepped to promote all these indy band including my hubby of course.

2 slams in one night. Elvis died. And we were told you couldn't sell one album out of your booth.

Now this is not like a flea market thing. Ir's a big deal up here. This 3 day affair was costing me my kids educations. :lol: It was the 100 years of recorded sound in a really really big building

They told me I couldn't sell albums. Please tell me some one out there knows albums.

So I broke the rule. Well not exactly. But I got around them.:eusa_angel:

It appeared that the only way you could sell an album was to have it stocked at Sam's, But Sam was doing the hooccichoowith all the major labels.

I'm stuck with thousands out of pocket.

:eusa_angel:

So I sold posters. With every poster you got a free album.

:lol: Think outside the box.

Break the rules they give you.

I don't know how to break up quotes just yet, so bear with me..
First off...congrats on 25 years! I so hope you had a wonderful time with the hubby..♥

And, no I don't think they (the fam and bands they formed over the years) are licensed with any radio broadcasting that I am aware of, they are usually only aired during local events when advertizing...BUT they do have a spot on the local television station in the city we are from. Moms has amazing connections though...very well known family..and they play all over in various clubs and bars and local events such as festivals...they have their own recording studio in their home.............................................................................check your PM box..;)

Forum List

Back