someone help me out...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
You ever get a little throb/twitch kind of thing in your eye? Anyone have any idea how to stop this? It's been going on since yesterday morning and it's starting to get annoying now.

Plagued by Irksome Eye - Twitching?

If you’ve experienced one or more brief episodes of involuntary eyelid-twitching (commonly referred to as eye - twitching) in your lifetime, you’re not alone. According to Dr. David W. Muris, O.D., it’s a fairly common phenomenon. Dr. Muris is the Director of Sacramento VisionCare Optometric Center. “Nearly everyone has had this experience once or twice in their lives, particularly after long nights of studying or stressful time periods.”

What Causes Eye - Twitching? (also called twitching eye)
Although the causes of eye twitching can’t always be determined, a number of every day factors can contribute. According to Dr. Muris, these include stress, fatigue, irritation in the eye, or consuming excess amounts of caffeine.

Simple Treatments for Eye - Twitching (also called eye twitch)
“Usually, the annoying eye - twitching will clear up spontaneously, or after a period of rest and relaxation,” says Dr. Muris. Simple measures like hot baths, warm or cold compresses, homeopathy, and rinsing or lubricating eye drops can also be beneficial. It’s also important to ensure that the problem isn’t being caused by sustained squinting as a result of poor vision. Have regular optometric examinations, and if you have a vision problem, wear corrective lenses and consider starting a natural vision improvement program.

When to Worry About Eye - Twitching
If the problem persists, especially over a period of several weeks or more, a comprehensive eye examination from an optometric professional is worthwhile to ensure that no other problem is occurring in the eye. The technical term for any kind of eye - twitching is “blephrospasm,” and persistent blephrospasm may be indicative of a more serious neurological condition. In these severe instances, medical treatment such as pharmaceuticals or surgery may be necessary.

http://www.eye-twitching.com/

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Y'know, my car broke down and I'm having a hell of a time getting that worked out, maybe that's got something to do with it. Unfortunately...

According to Dr. Muris, these include stress, fatigue, irritation in the eye, or consuming excess amounts of caffeine.

Yeah, I just drank a can of Mello Yello. Much caffeine. Very lame.

Thanks for the info, though, guys!

Dan said:
Thanks for the info, though, guys!
Surely! Mine does it once in awhile. At first it's funny, then it's just aggravating. But, as always, it will eventually go away!
Good luck with your car!!

They say it is linked to insanity.

I have had that 'twitching' all my life. It just comes on.

So you are going mad - who cares. Let the ole eye twitch if it wants to.

Forum List

Back