Some things I've Learned on my Day Off with Sick Kids...

My sister and I made this discovery with our boys...they'd go through months of being disobedient, inexplicably angry and grumpy, mean to other kids...then one day they start talking and suddenly they're little angels.

Until they figure out they still can't work the door knob. Then it starts all over again.

My Son is an Angel... Then he will Sock me out of nowhere...

And then he Looks at me like, "Yeah?... And?..."

He's 16mos and he Beats on his 4yr old Sister...

And she Takes it.

Brute.

:)

peace...

I've learned that my youngest is a big baby when sick (12 years old). I left her at home with all the soup, juice,cold meds etc she would need. I think she called me at work every other hour... all day long..." Why haven't you checked up on ME!" Next time I might as well stay home...I certainly didn't get any work done.

My sister and I made this discovery with our boys...they'd go through months of being disobedient, inexplicably angry and grumpy, mean to other kids...then one day they start talking and suddenly they're little angels.

Until they figure out they still can't work the door knob. Then it starts all over again.

And she Takes it.

Brute.

peace...

I've gone through this with two sets of kids. One little kid who pounds on the other, bigger kid, who takes it because he's been taught to tolerate the little one. Eventually it gets to a point where you tell both kids, "You know what? Defend yourself. And I don't want to hear any sniveling."

Believe me, the big kid will eventually pound the younger. You have a private conversation with that kid prior telling him to pull his punches, but make his point.

It's similar to "don't fuck with the big dogs. Because they can, and will, take you down."

Last edited:
I've learned that my youngest is a big baby when sick (12 years old). I left her at home with all the soup, juice,cold meds etc she would need. I think she called me at work every other hour... all day long..." Why haven't you checked up on ME!" Next time I might as well stay home...I certainly didn't get any work done.

Dead on. Stay home. It's worth it.

I am a cynical, selfish, asshole.

I am such a big asshole even Elton John could not feel me with his diamond studded drill on the night after a gay day parade.

But my son makes me believe in love, God, and the beauty of butterflies on a spring day.

Mind you, I still know those butterflies are bird food in the end.

I won't tell him until he grows up.

And so it goes.....

Last edited:

And she Takes it.

Brute.

peace...

I've gone through this with two sets of kids. One little kid who pounds on the other, bigger kid, who takes it because he's been taught to tolerate the little one. Eventually it gets to a point where you tell both kids, "You know what? Defend yourself. And I don't want to hear any sniveling."

Believe me, the big kid will eventually pound the younger. You have a private conversation with that kid prior telling him to pull his punches, but make his point.

It's similar to "don't fuck with the big dogs. Because they can, and will, take you down."

It's gettin that Time... She's the Opposite of Aggressive.

She got Pushed off of a Stage by another 4 year old the other day and there was an Incident Report...

Time to Teach her to Sock a Mother Fucker... ;)

peace...

Forum List

Back