Some fixes that might help to control medical costs

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Old Texas Reb, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,771
    Haven't a clue what you Googled or didn't Google. I can tell you that I worked for an online pharmacy, and they required a prescription from the doctor for the exact same things your neighborhood pharmacy does.

And none of that negates or deflects from the stupid of "If you want to be educated about your healthcare, that means being your own doctor!"

2. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,771
    No, he's being an "all or nothing" doofus. He can't see any sort of rational middle ground between blindly trusting the experts to know what's best for you and the wildest, most extreme alternative possible.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that having more information was not only considered bad, but actually considered something the government should "protect" you from.

3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,330
    Why? Why does it seem outrageous to you to let people decide for themselves?

4. Markle

Markle Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,620
    The premise put forth was that there not be any prescription drugs, everything and anything over the counter and people self-diagnose and then buy whatever the heck they think will cure what they believe ails them.

That dblacck, is outrageous.

5. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,330
    I realize you see it that way, but I'm asking you to justify the view. Is it really that hard to imagine people making their own decisions?