Solzhenitsyn winner of Nobel Prize in Literature. "Stalin was worse than Hitler. Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin killed his own" what do you

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
A. Solzhenitsyn winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. "Stalin (Koba) was worse than Hitler. Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin killed his own" what do you think about these Solzhenitsyn ´s words ?

Kurapaty - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Kurapaty

Kurapaty (Belarusian: Курапаты, IPA: [kuraˈpatɨ]) is a wooded area on the outskirts of Miensk, Belarus, in which a vast number of people were executed between 1937 and 1941 during the Great Purge by the Soviet secret police, the NKVD. The exact count of victims is uncertain, as NKVD archives are classified in Belarus.

Does that mean Hitler didn't kill all those POLISH Jews, RUSSIAN Jews, GYPSIES from neighboring nations?

:)

"Worse" might be a strange use of comparatives. That is to say, after a certain point such crimes rather merge into one unthinkable horror. The difference between 10 million and 40 million is quantitative, but it is difficult to look at it as qualitative; horror has a maximum and both exceed that.
An example of right and left extremes, they can only now serve as lessons, but that they must do. We have to absolutely avoid repeating these mistakes, yet we see so many on these threads calling for the same things.

"Worse" might be a strange use of comparatives. That is to say, after a certain point such crimes rather merge into one unthinkable horror. The difference between 10 million and 40 million is quantitative, but it is difficult to look at it as qualitative; horror has a maximum and both exceed that.
An example of right and left extremes, they can only now serve as lessons, but that they must do. We have to absolutely avoid repeating these mistakes, yet we see so many on these threads calling for the same things.

"difference between 10 million and 40 million is quantitative"

Solzhenitsyn´s point was not about the numbers , his point was that " Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin exterminated mosty his own people"

Solzhenitsyn´s point was not about the numbers , his point was that " Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin exterminated mosty his own people"
The falseness in all that is something surprising coming from such a brilliant man. He must have had an idea that this meant other than we can fathom here.
There are no "other" and "our own" people. There are only people. Some of our number have grossly erroneous concepts of humanity.

The falseness in all that is something surprising coming from such a brilliant man. He must have had an idea that this meant other than we can fathom here.
There are no "other" and "our own" people. There are only people. Some of our number have grossly erroneous concepts of humanity.
very too words, i must admit . have a good evening

i have a small present for you

And, Hitler exterminated his own people. His goal was a "Judenfrei" Europe.

Thanks. That was interesting, though the extreme inhumanity of Stalin and the U.S.S.R. has long been abundantly clear.
Also, as has been pointed out, the Nazis exterminated Germans that they held to be different. We would have to agree with the Nazis in order to see these victims as being other than the Germans' "own people".
Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and too many others show the insanity of adhering to ideology over humanity.

I guess German Jews weren't Germans?

Are you one of those who sees all Jews as 'foreign'?

I guess German Jews weren't Germans?

Are you one of those who sees all Jews as 'foreign'?
"I guess German Jews weren't Germans? "

of course they were,

but Hitler and state ideology of his empire did not see the Jews, Homosexuals, etc. as the real Germans, it is just a fact

Thanks. That was interesting, though the extreme inhumanity of Stalin and the U.S.S.R. has long been abundantly clear.
Also, as has been pointed out, the Nazis exterminated Germans that they held to be different. We would have to agree with the Nazis in order to see these victims as being other than the Germans' "own people".
Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and too many others show the insanity of adhering to ideology over humanity.

i have a question to you , what was behind Holodomor 1) Marxism-Leninism an ideology which dehumanizes anyone who is against it , like Ukrainian peasants 2) "russian" imperial tradition to handle uprisings against Muscovite occupation ?

The Circassian genocide was the Russian Empire's ethnic cleansing, killing, forced migration, and expulsion of the majority of the Circassians from their historical homeland Circassia, which roughly encompassed the major part of the North Caucasus and the northeast shore of the Black Sea.

Circassian genocide - Wikipedia

it seems to me, Lit, that the massive genocides
galvanized by Stalin is, very much, a reflection of
the Russian ethos of that time. The history of
GREAT RUSSIA is quite a bloody mess----lots of
fragmentation, oppression and force. Did he
ever say what his GOALS for humanity were?

Lit, I am reminded of a little parable on the
"RUSSIAN CHARACTER"-----here it goes.
A russian peasant is told "you can have ANYTHING
you want------with one provision-----your neighbor
IVAN gets the same but DOUBLE" The Russian
peasant answers "I WANT TO BE BLINDED IN ONE
EYE"

it seems to me, Lit, that the massive genocides
galvanized by Stalin is, very much, a reflection of
the Russian ethos of that time. The history of
GREAT RUSSIA is quite a bloody mess----lots of
fragmentation, oppression and force. Did he
ever say what his GOALS for humanity were?
"
Did he ever say what his GOALS for humanity were? " Koba´s GOALS for humanity were World revolution and World communism. Its 100% he was the real communist ! and not only for him for all communist leaders of USSR , maybe except Beriya he was for compromise with the west

World communism - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › World_communism

The long-term goal of world communism is a worldwide communist society that is stateless (lacking any state), which may be achieved through an intermediate- ...

Lit, I am reminded of a little parable on the
"RUSSIAN CHARACTER"-----here it goes.
A russian peasant is told "you can have ANYTHING
you want------with one provision-----your neighbor
IVAN gets the same but DOUBLE" The Russian
peasant answers "I WANT TO BE BLINDED IN ONE
EYE"
its true, its a pure slave mentality . until 1861 the majority of Muscovite peasents were the slaves Emancipation reform of 1861 - Wikipedia and 1917-1986 was the pure slavery as well

Forum List

Back