Soldier Who Read Conservative Books Now Faces Charges

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Jun 10, 2013, By Todd Starnes

A member of the U.S. Army Band who said he was reprimanded for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his personal car, serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a party and reading books written by conservative authors like Sean Hannity is now facing Article 15 charges – which cropped up shortly after he went public with his complaints.

Read more @ Soldier Who Read Conservative Books Now Faces Charges | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

This reminds me of what it was like to serve under the Peanut Farmer. Obama has set a theme where more and more freedoms are being taken away. Nothing in these charges follow the spirit of the UCMJ or military regulations that existed during my 23 years plus of service. Disciplined for a bumper sticker? For reading material the C-in-C may find offensive?

I know some of you are going to say the sergeant is serving in a position of representing the highest level of the US Army in the nation's capitol. But, that still doesn't excuse this blatant offensive of Political Correctness.

:evil:

I'm not sure what to think of this. If he was reprimanded for simply serving sandwiches and reading books, that'd be nonsensical. The bumper sticker thing doesn't make much sense either, but I dunno if there's something I've missed there. No, it doesn't add up. Why would our military do that? These are benign actions that Americans ought to be able to do without punishment. Is there more to the story, longknife, that'd give more reason for the military's actions?

Anarchy gets extremists what they want out of government. The public is probably wondering how the evidence was "collected"--did they use phone and/or computer information? Are they lashing out because of Obama's policies were challenged? Do uppers in the military now get brownie points from the administration for advances for copping out on their fellow soldiers who are conservatives? Why is it that Bush was belittled by the left for supporting the troops, and Obama gets a get out of jail free card from the press for every little thing he does?

Instead of having men who serve together for our country, we now have a military rife with snitches on each other for promotions.

Get your buddy in trouble, and you get a stripe!

Thanks John Kerry.

Anarchy gets extremists what they want out of government. The public is probably wondering how the evidence was "collected"--did they use phone and/or computer information? Are they lashing out because of Obama's policies were challenged? Do uppers in the military now get brownie points from the administration for advances for copping out on their fellow soldiers who are conservatives? Why is it that Bush was belittled by the left for supporting the troops, and Obama gets a get out of jail free card from the press for every little thing he does?

Instead of having men who serve together for our country, we now have a military rife with snitches on each other for promotions.

Thanks John Kerry.

How did bush support the thousands of troops that lost their lives because he lied us into Iraq?

Thanks John Kerry.

How did bush support the thousands of troops that lost their lives because he lied us into Iraq?

3 Congressional Investigations and not one shred of evidence Bush lied us into Iraq. Care to try again?

Huh? "Sommers is accused of giving a superior officer the wrong date for a doctor’s appointment. He’s also accused of failing to carry out an order. In order to comply with that order, Sommers would have had to disclose private information about his autistic son’s medical records." Something is missing here, why did he simply not discuss with his commanding officer? Sounds like another BS story for the 'whine crowd' from Fox, the BS station.

Huh? "Sommers is accused of giving a superior officer the wrong date for a doctor’s appointment. He’s also accused of failing to carry out an order. In order to comply with that order, Sommers would have had to disclose private information about his autistic son’s medical records." Something is missing here, why did he simply not discuss with his commanding officer? Sounds like another BS story for the 'whine crowd' from Fox, the BS station.

It's pretty difficult to obtain ALL the facts on cases like this. However, I am certain a number of military blogs will uncover more.

He commander is the Bandmaster of the US Army Band and HIS commander is the commanding general of the Military District of Washington.

images

As it's so high up the military food chain there HAS to be a lot of politics involved. :eusa_whistle:

Sounds to me like the guy has been trying to provoke action against himself, probably for political reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if someone put him up to it. (See: Boykin or Fox).

Any soldier who drives around post with bumper stickers like this is bound to get into trouble:

"Political Dissent is NOT Racism,” “NOBAMA,” NOPE2012” and “The Road to Bankruptcy is Paved with Ass-Fault.” (That sticker included the image of a donkey). A member of the Armed Forces can have political opinions, but they may not openly display them or do anything which disparages the Chain of Command. Just as a soldier may not sport a bumper sticker which says, "My Company Commander is an asshole," neither can he imply the same about the Commander in Chief.

And, I don't buy his argument that “I had no idea a Chick-fil-A sandwich would get me in trouble.” Bullshit. He knew very well what he was doing and that's proven by his other statements: “I can make a statement and at least express a religious point of view at my promotion party – theoretically without any fear of reprisal," and “In honor of DADT repeal, and Obama/Holder’s refusal to enforce DOMA act, I’m serving Chick-fil-A at my MSG promo reception for Army today.”

Guess what? He was "theoretically" wrong.

Then, there's the tweet. “Lordy, Lordy, it’s faggot Tuesday. The lefty loons and Obamabots are out in full force.” Even the newest Private would know better than that.

I like how comments from a "counseling form" are just sort of casually tossed off by Starnes. Anybody here know what a "counseling form" is and why one would be produced on a soldier? Let me give you a clue: It's a result of a pattern of bad behavior, enough to warrant being cautioned not to continue whatever it is the soldier is doing.

I also like how Starnes displays his total ignorance about the military. He makes this claim,
"....is being charged under a federal law that permits commanding officers to conduct non-judicial proceedings for minor offenses." You don't say? Article 15's are a result of a "federal law?" Yeah, I guess you could say that given that the power to impose non-judicial punishment goes back to the very creation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, but Starnes makes it seem like it's all brand new and probably Obama's fault.

What a load of horse shit. Either this 25 year soldier is a total moron or he knows exactly what he's doing.

Sounds to me like the guy has been trying to provoke action against himself, probably for political reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if someone put him up to it. (See: Boykin or Fox).

Any soldier who drives around post with bumper stickers like this is bound to get into trouble:

"Political Dissent is NOT Racism,” “NOBAMA,” NOPE2012” and “The Road to Bankruptcy is Paved with Ass-Fault.” (That sticker included the image of a donkey). A member of the Armed Forces can have political opinions, but they may not openly display them or do anything which disparages the Chain of Command. Just as a soldier may not sport a bumper sticker which says, "My Company Commander is an asshole," neither can he imply the same about the Commander in Chief.

And, I don't buy his argument that “I had no idea a Chick-fil-A sandwich would get me in trouble.” Bullshit. He knew very well what he was doing and that's proven by his other statements: “I can make a statement and at least express a religious point of view at my promotion party – theoretically without any fear of reprisal," and “In honor of DADT repeal, and Obama/Holder’s refusal to enforce DOMA act, I’m serving Chick-fil-A at my MSG promo reception for Army today.”

Guess what? He was "theoretically" wrong.

Then, there's the tweet. “Lordy, Lordy, it’s faggot Tuesday. The lefty loons and Obamabots are out in full force.” Even the newest Private would know better than that.

I like how comments from a "counseling form" are just sort of casually tossed off by Starnes. Anybody here know what a "counseling form" is and why one would be produced on a soldier? Let me give you a clue: It's a result of a pattern of bad behavior, enough to warrant being cautioned not to continue whatever it is the soldier is doing.

I also like how Starnes displays his total ignorance about the military. He makes this claim,
"....is being charged under a federal law that permits commanding officers to conduct non-judicial proceedings for minor offenses." You don't say? Article 15's are a result of a "federal law?" Yeah, I guess you could say that given that the power to impose non-judicial punishment goes back to the very creation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, but Starnes makes it seem like it's all brand new and probably Obama's fault.

What a load of horse shit. Either this 25 year soldier is a total moron or he knows exactly what he's doing.

Of course.

Thanks John Kerry.

3 Congressional Investigations and not one shred of evidence Bush lied us into Iraq. Care to try again?

Bullshit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/washington/05cnd-intel.html?_r=0

Senate Panel Accuses Bush of Iraq Exaggerations
By MARK MAZZETTI and SCOTT SHANE

Published: June 5, 2008

WASHINGTON — A long-delayed Senate report endorsed by Democrats and some Republicans has concluded that President Bush and his aides built the public case for war against Iraq by exaggerating available intelligence and by ignoring disagreements among spy agencies about Iraq’s weapons programs and Saddam Hussein’s links to Al Qaeda.

Conservatives have no place in obama's military. Christians especially have no place in obama's military. A Christian who believes that God punishes evil, should never become part of the evil that they know God will punish.

Forum List

Back