Soldier in Iraq Loses Home Over $800 Debt

Why do you assume no one reads CurveLight's posts, Meister? I do, and clearly, so do you. If you disagree with him, say so. But alleging you can read the minds of all USMB-ers and "know" that none of us values his opinion is a transparent attempt to bolster the importance of your POV.

I assume if you were confident in your POV, you wouldn't need that sort of cheap trick.

It does happen, especially when we're relying so heavily on Guardsmen and Reservists who are called away from jobs that often pay a lot more than they get on active duty. But it's a little more complicated than "We as a nation don't give a flying fuck". There are special rules for things like foreclosures on homes belonging to deployed servicemen and their families, for one thing. Private entities with help available are another. The problem is getting the families involved aware of what's out there and willing to take the help. It's also getting drooling idiots (like the people running this HOA apparently are) to have a little understanding and work with these people. And for goodness' sake, open your mail!

I'm fully aware of the "special" rules but they are moot due to lack of enforcement. This is because as a nation we don't give a flying fuck about our Troops and this weekend is a perfect example. Instead of honoring Troops most of America will use Memorial Day as an excuse to have cook outs, get drunk, and get a paid holiday (for the lucky ones).

Bullshit ceremonies will give PC lip service but it doesn't do anything for the troops still trapped in occupying foreign nations. All it does is feed the illusion we care about our Troops because there was a........fucking ceremony.

I see this has come down to bashing the US because it is so evil. Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, from our president. Looks like bent light is in lockstep

I dunno about this alleged "lack of enforcement". Getting into court against a member of the Armed Forces is harder than fuck, and it should be. The agony that actually occurs is not (as far as I can tell) laden onto the military; it's laden onto their spouses and children, who cannot get Court Orders like Divorce, Child Custody or Child Support -- because they cannot drag their deployed spouses into court. On top of that, JAG offers free civil legal assistance to members of the military, but not to their spouses, who are often in unfamiliar parts of the country and unable to access Legal Aid.

Once again I have to say, this story trips my bullshit alarm. I certainly hope it isn't true and if it is, that someone tells this military family they have remedies.

Talk about emotional :lol:
Go drink some more of your kool-aid you dumbass

You're the whiny bitch ignoring the facts and everything else by the typical "hating America" bowlshit.

Why do you express yourself like a 15 year old would when nobody listens to you? :cuckoo:

I try to raise your standards of comprehension by being just a couple years ahead but maybe I should lower it to expressing myself like a 12 year to close the gap for people like you. Once again, you are just whining.

I'm fully aware of the "special" rules but they are moot due to lack of enforcement. This is because as a nation we don't give a flying fuck about our Troops and this weekend is a perfect example. Instead of honoring Troops most of America will use Memorial Day as an excuse to have cook outs, get drunk, and get a paid holiday (for the lucky ones).

Bullshit ceremonies will give PC lip service but it doesn't do anything for the troops still trapped in occupying foreign nations. All it does is feed the illusion we care about our Troops because there was a........fucking ceremony.

I see this has come down to bashing the US because it is so evil. Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, from our president. Looks like bent light is in lockstep

I dunno about this alleged "lack of enforcement". Getting into court against a member of the Armed Forces is harder than fuck, and it should be. The agony that actually occurs is not (as far as I can tell) laden onto the military; it's laden onto their spouses and children, who cannot get Court Orders like Divorce, Child Custody or Child Support -- because they cannot drag their deployed spouses into court. On top of that, JAG offers free civil legal assistance to members of the military, but not to their spouses, who are often in unfamiliar parts of the country and unable to access Legal Aid.

Once again I have to say, this story trips my bullshit alarm. I certainly hope it isn't true and if it is, that someone tells this military family they have remedies.

I agree there is something about the OP story that is lacking but the general lack of enforcement I'm speaking of is on issues across the board from homes to jobs to custody battles.

Maybe mother jones isn't a great source.

I don't believe the house would be sold for $3,500.

Maybe mother jones isn't a great source.

I don't believe the house would be sold for $3,500.

Nether do I.

There is plenty of help for the Military and their families, if the government does not step up, grateful citizens will
MILITARY FAMILY SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS

This particular one is one of my favorites, but there are so many to choose from.
http://www.operationhomefront.net/

I know a Soldier that is going to Afghanistan in July, I will be there to support his wife and children, if they need anything

Why do you assume no one reads CurveLight's posts, Meister? I do, and clearly, so do you. If you disagree with him, say so. But alleging you can read the minds of all USMB-ers and "know" that none of us values his opinion is a transparent attempt to bolster the importance of your POV.

I assume if you were confident in your POV, you wouldn't need that sort of cheap trick.

Madeline, I think you are missing my point. I am expressing how a juvenile such as bentlight lashes out words like "****" and "bitch" when people disagree with him. I'm not assuming that people don't read his posts, and yes I do. But, young people at times act like no one is getting their point, and they have a need to respond in the manner he does. It's not a cheap trick on my end, but the kid needs to grow up and quit with that type of name calling.

You're the whiny bitch ignoring the facts and everything else by the typical "hating America" bowlshit.

Why do you express yourself like a 15 year old would when nobody listens to you? :cuckoo:

I try to raise your standards of comprehension by being just a couple years ahead but maybe I should lower it to expressing myself like a 12 year to close the gap for people like you. Once again, you are just whining.

riiiiight.....I'm whining and your educating. :cuckoo: :lol::lol::lol:

Indeed. It's a truth universally acknowledged that resorting to extreme vulgarity is a sign of an ill considered point of view.

Madeline, I think you are missing my point. I am expressing how a juvenile such as bentlight lashes out words like "****" and "bitch" when people disagree with him. I'm not assuming that people don't read his posts, and yes I do. But, young people at times act like no one is getting their point, and they have a need to respond in the manner he does. It's not a cheap trick on my end, but the kid needs to grow up and quit with that type of name calling.

You

Are

Whining

A

Pure

Spoiled

Brat

Bitch

Indeed. It's a truth universally acknowledged that resorting to extreme vulgarity is a sign of an ill considered point of view.

That's assuming calling someone a bitch means it's some type of last resort. Thin skinned punks who can't debate should stop trying to hide behind their tear-wet pillows or find a different hobby.

You

Are

Whining

A

Pure

Spoiled

Brat

Bitch

You might want to "educate" yourself on the word "whine", sonny, because it's obvious you haven't a clue.

I think it's a shame that they were legally able to foreclose and sell this house for a song.

But that said, culpability here lies with the wife, who btw, is clearly not of sound enough mind to care for a small child.

Meister, there's such a thing as leading by example. What you are doing is patronizing...a.nd CurveLight will not learn diddly-shit from someone he does not respect.

I notice that you tell me that, and giving bentlight a pass. I'm the problem? It seems he is the one that has a need to be calling people bitch and ****....yet that is Okay with you? hmmmm

Last edited:
Meister, there's such a thing as leading by example. What you are doing is patronizing...a.nd CurveLight will not learn diddly-shit from someone he does not respect.

I notice that you tell me that, and giving bentlight a pass. I'm the problem? It seems he is the one that has a need to be calling people bitch and ****....yet that is Okay with you? hmmmm

I call people like you bitches and ***** because you prove yourselves to be self righteous hypocrites on a regular basis. I'm an asshole for the name calling but at least I'm honest and more importantly, I've been down that "catch more flies with honey" road and it works pretty good in flesh life but in e-life it doesn't make any significant difference. Punks like you still ignore facts you don't like and are always looking for a way out of a position you can't defend.

On more than a couple of occasions I've owned my errors and I don't ignore info provided by differing views and I don't whine about people calling me names, although I will point out they do it as a way of deflecting from the issue. If you want a serious debate then prove it by sticking to the topic instead of crying.

Basically, instead of trying to control me you should be seeking ways to adjust. You can put me on ignore, go to a board with the rules you obviously desire, or drink a gallon of cow piss. Good luck!

Forum List

Back