"Sock" - what is it?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Never heard it on any other Message Board. So, what is it/what does it mean?

I think its a play on hand puppet.

People create new accounts and try to pretend to be someone else, but they're really just putting a sock on their hand because posting style is usually a dead give away.

I think its a play on hand puppet.

People create new accounts and try to pretend to be someone else, but they're really just putting a sock on their hand because posting style is usually a dead give away.
So is their IP.

that's also good to know, since, if I ever get accused, can just tell people to check my IP.
If someone else writes like me, well, I want to know who they are and talk to them, cause I'm a pretty strange person.....

Posters like Fake Starkey are reported to have multiple accounts, so he can up vote and agree with his own liberal bullshit while insisting he's a conservative.

Those are called sock accounts.

Posters like Fake Starkey are reported to have multiple accounts, so he can up vote and agree with his own liberal bullshit while insisting he's a conservative.

Those are called sock ignore accounts.

There ya go. No charge. :beer:

Indeed you are correct, of course on occassion I peak into one just so I have something to ridicule.

Does anybody know Wake from this website? I was accused of being Wake's sock many times on another forum.

When I ran into him on this forum I felt like I was Mr. Hat talking to Mr. Garrison on South Park. I feel like I went down the rabbit hole or I'm tripping on acid or something. It was very weird running into a person that was supposed to be using me as a sock puppet. A lot of admins are paranoid as hell. That doesn't seem to be the case here. If it is then I haven't witnessed it yet.

Forum List

Back