Social Security Will Be Insolvent in 10 Years

Fixing Social Security is very easy, since it is not going broke. Just pay back all the corporate welfare, interstate highway building funds, off-budget defense spending and the thousand other things SS revenue was used for, along with taxing off-shored imports as if the stuff was still being made here by American workers paying payroll taxes. Just a few ways to set it right again. It should actually be tripled to reflect real inflation, not reduced.

And, since over 90% of all productivity gains of the last 60 + years have gone to the financial sector, capital gains and dividends on stocks can be taxed at 50% to make up for lost wages and the lost payroll taxes from that, and profits from off-shoring and paying for all the bailouts the stock markets and banks have been getting since the 1960's.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Yea yea. You've been saying that for decades. Where? What?

And we can't do it with spending cuts alone. So, either you want to undo the Trump, Bush and Reagan tax breaks to the rich and corporations, or you're going to be a good guy and pay for their tax breaks.
Cut the federal bureaucracy, for example. Close unnecessary gov agencies. Slash the payrolls by half, minimum. Cut taxes to generate more taxable financial transaction. Implement policies promoting economic prosperity so that people have the money to pay the taxes (e.g., cut gov red tape, compliance costs, taxes). Ditch all the stupid environmental requirements. Let's reaps the benefits of being the world's numero uno energy exporter. Energy costs (another overhead item for business) will be cut, causing more earnings and, therefore, more private investments (that, unfortunately, can be taxed).

I mean, Jesus motherfucking Christ, if you cannot find spending cuts in a 3 trillion plus budget, then you are a fucking retard!

Fixing Social Security is very easy, since it is not going broke. Just pay back all the corporate welfare, interstate highway building funds, off-budget defense spending and the thousand other things SS revenue was used for, along with taxing off-shored imports as if the stuff was still being made here by American workers paying payroll taxes. Just a few ways to set it right again. It should actually be tripled to reflect real inflation, not reduced.

And, since over 90% of all productivity gains of the last 60 + years have gone to the financial sector, capital gains and dividends on stocks can be taxed at 50% to make up for lost wages and the lost payroll taxes from that, and profits from off-shoring and paying for all the bailouts the stock markets and banks have been getting since the 1960's.

Problem solved.
Thank you for your comment. Believe it or not, I am actually going to pay you a compliment. See, I do not actually believe that you are as stupid as you pretend to be online. I even have my suspicions that you do not even believe the ridiculous nonsense you espouse to others on a regular basis. I know it is fun to act stupid and be snarky. Thanks to the advent of the internet you can now do this with little to no consequence.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society. These things consist of matters such as honesty, having a strong work ethic, being productive, and tolerance of diversity of opinions and ideas. Too many people today choose to live without virtue and a sense of honor. But it is our duty to seek a virtuous life if we are to effectively live in peace with one another. This requires, inter alia, education on a myriad of topics fueled by a natural curiosity and drive to better oneself and, therefore, society in general.

Such a heightened and enlightened consciousness cannot be found on the internet. Cyberspace is a dark, virtueless morass of social toxicity that is the antithesis to virtue. I acknowledge this, and I have some some time now. Therefore, I begrudge nobody their words and thoughts in the cyber world. I expect nothing from them. They are nothing, and they are of no consequence to me. Their value, if any, is what you choose it to be.

In order to stave off the inevitable nihilism associated with internet socializing, I choose to accept faith in the belief that nobody can really be as stupid and ignorant as you appear to be from the comments you publicly make. Most assuredly you are merely saying what you say in order to derive some sort of pleasure from a deviant fetish you harbor based on watching people respond to your bullshit.

You mean like when we warned people Republicans were going to make abortion illegal? Are you still lying and saying that's not your ultimate goal?

Trust me, there will come a time when both Democratic and Republican politicians tell us we have to take a 20-30% cut on our social programs in order to "save" them

My only concern is will it happen to me? I'm 52. Hopefully they only fuck over all Americans who are under 50. Plus I'll be 62 when the fund runs out of money. I should be grandfathered in.
Got to get that gubmint handout, eh? LOL!! Also, Republicans did not make abortion illegal, moron.

Didn't I say when they cut taxes on rich people and corporations that ultimately the tax burden will be shifted on to us? So Reagan, Bush and Trump all cut taxes. Trump doubled the number of corporations who effectively pay zero taxes. And now we're broke? What a shocker.

There is only one solution.

Mark my words. The next recession, Republicans are going to say we need to cut everyone's social security and medicare 20-30%, in order to "save" the programs. But for the last 3 or 4 decades they've been doing everything they could to bankrupt these programs. And they will make you work 3 years longer. Mark my words. And I'll tell you I told you so. And you'll say it's Democrats fault. Just like you blamed them for Bush's great recession. It was freddy, fanny, anyone but Bush.

The next recession, Republicans are going to say we need to cut everyone's social security and medicare 20-30%, in order to "save" the programs.

They don't have to cut anything. When the Trust Fund is exhausted the payouts will drop about 30%.

Social Security could be fixed in 2 minutes. Raise the ceiling on contributions by the wealthy, it's not even a big deal, but Republicans insist that the entire system is threatened with insolvency. Republicans want the ultra wealthy to be uber wealthy. They are propeling us closer to the cliff edge every day.

Social Security could be fixed in 2 minutes. Raise the ceiling on contributions by the wealthy, it's not even a big deal, but Republicans insist that the entire system is threatened with insolvency.
Thank you for your comment. Believe it or not, I am actually going to pay you a compliment. See, I do not actually believe that you are as stupid as you pretend to be online. I even have my suspicions that you do not even believe the ridiculous nonsense you espouse to others on a regular basis. I know it is fun to act stupid and be snarky. Thanks to the advent of the internet you can now do this with little to no consequence.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society. These things consist of matters such as honesty, having a strong work ethic, being productive, and tolerance of diversity of opinions and ideas. Too many people today choose to live without virtue and a sense of honor. But it is our duty to seek a virtuous life if we are to effectively live in peace with one another. This requires, inter alia, education on a myriad of topics fueled by a natural curiosity and drive to better oneself and, therefore, society in general.

Such a heightened and enlightened consciousness cannot be found on the internet. Cyberspace is a dark, virtueless morass of social toxicity that is the antithesis to virtue. I acknowledge this, and I have some some time now. Therefore, I begrudge nobody their words and thoughts in the cyber world. I expect nothing from them. They are nothing, and they are of no consequence to me. Their value, if any, is what you choose it to be.

In order to stave off the inevitable nihilism associated with internet socializing, I choose to accept faith in the belief that nobody can really be as stupid and ignorant as you appear to be from the comments you publicly make. Most assuredly you are merely saying what you say in order to derive some sort of pleasure from a deviant fetish you harbor based on watching people respond to your bullshit.

Social Security could be fixed in 2 minutes. Raise the ceiling on contributions by the wealthy, it's not even a big deal, but Republicans insist that the entire system is threatened with insolvency. Republicans want the ultra wealthy to be uber wealthy. They are propeling us closer to the cliff edge every day.

Social Security could be fixed in 2 minutes. Raise the ceiling on contributions by the wealthy,

How does collecting twice as much from a rich guy and then paying him twice as much a fix?

Cut the federal bureaucracy, for example. Close unnecessary gov agencies. Slash the payrolls by half, minimum. Cut taxes to generate more taxable financial transaction. Implement policies promoting economic prosperity so that people have the money to pay the taxes (e.g., cut gov red tape, compliance costs, taxes). Ditch all the stupid environmental requirements. Let's reaps the benefits of being the world's numero uno energy exporter. Energy costs (another overhead item for business) will be cut, causing more earnings and, therefore, more private investments (that, unfortunately, can be taxed).

I mean, Jesus motherfucking Christ, if you cannot find spending cuts in a 3 trillion plus budget, then you are a fucking retard!
The gov version of spending cuts is in the form of slowing the rate of gov growth.
You should see the expanse of the DC area in the 54 years I’ve lived here. It will never stop until the entire country is bankrupt.

Yes. a lot of those pretending to be right wingers on the innernetz are just sociopaths hiding behind conservative camouflage, like yourself. You believe you're all 'self-made products' of 'social Darwinism', when in fact you're just burb brat titty babies who think you shouldn't have to pay any taxes and just squat for free, no different than your left wing mirror images on the left. All these roads, hospitals, sewer systems, interstate highways, etc. were already here, so why should you pay anything, right?

I can tell who is a genuine conservative or libertarian just by the threads they don't ever start, like in your case; never a single thread of doing away with the 'corporate personhood' scam, or the limited liability scam that came with that farce, or demanding monopolies and trusts be broken up or regulated and prevented from stifling competition, and of course the open borders fiasco was a GOP hobby, until they found out Democrats were getting the illegals to the polls. Now they pretend to be opposed to all that. Too bad they have no more credibility than Democrats on most of their claims of supporting 'free markets' and 'private property'. Most of their financing and support comes from billionaires who love using eminent domain and rigged markets for themselves, and they like to feed morons like you all kinds of slogans and fake stats, same as the left does their muppets. You're just another Freeper shill.

Republicans love that Bill, it's over 80% pure corporate welfare for people already wealthy, lol you look more retarded than he does.

Forum List

Back