Soccer dad Lavar Ball pulls his son out of UCLA

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Says his kid should not have been suspended since no charges were formally filed!!

LaVar Ball pulls LiAngelo Ball from UCLA

nov 4 2017 LaVar Ball pulled his son LiAngelo Ball from UCLA on Monday, according to TMZ.

LiAngelo Ball was in the middle of an indefinite suspension for being arrested in China for shoplifting, along with two other teammates. The arrest, which happened Nov. 7, created an international incident, in which President Trump lobbied for the players’ release.

TMZ noted Ball has officially yet to withdraw, but LaVar told the publication that the suspension was “unfair” because no charges were formally filed.
LiAngelo Ball was a freshman for UCLA’s men’s basketball team. He hadn’t played a game yet for the Bruins. As part of his suspension, he hadn’t been allowed to practice, suit up or travel with the team, according to ESPN.

“He’s not transferring to another school,” LaVar Ball told ESPN on Monday. “The plan is now to get Gelo ready for the NBA Draft.”

No chance that I would have ANYTHING to do with Lavar Ball or ANY of his kids if I were involved with the NCAA or NBA. This guy is a lunatic. The NCAA and NBA would be far better off if they banned him from having any involvement in their activities.

Says his kid should not have been suspended since no charges were formally filed!!

LaVar Ball pulls LiAngelo Ball from UCLA

nov 4 2017 LaVar Ball pulled his son LiAngelo Ball from UCLA on Monday, according to TMZ.

LiAngelo Ball was in the middle of an indefinite suspension for being arrested in China for shoplifting, along with two other teammates. The arrest, which happened Nov. 7, created an international incident, in which President Trump lobbied for the players’ release.

TMZ noted Ball has officially yet to withdraw, but LaVar told the publication that the suspension was “unfair” because no charges were formally filed.
LiAngelo Ball was a freshman for UCLA’s men’s basketball team. He hadn’t played a game yet for the Bruins. As part of his suspension, he hadn’t been allowed to practice, suit up or travel with the team, according to ESPN.

“He’s not transferring to another school,” LaVar Ball told ESPN on Monday. “The plan is now to get Gelo ready for the NBA Draft.”
Its his kid. Probably knows LiAngelo wont start for UCLA. He is nowhere close to pro material so not sure what Lavar is thinking.

No chance that I would have ANYTHING to do with Lavar Ball or ANY of his kids if I were involved with the NCAA or NBA. This guy is a lunatic. The NCAA and NBA would be far better off if they banned him from having any involvement in their activities.
Why would they be far better off? I dont think you understand the marketing machine mentality the NCAA and NBA employ.

Why would they be far better off? I dont think you understand the marketing machine mentality the NCAA and NBA employ.

I haven't watched a Men's Basketball game above the high school level in 20 years. Marketing to people who don't have the money to buy your product is stupid. How msny in the hood can pay for tix? $180 sneaks?

I haven't watched a Men's Basketball game above the high school level in 20 years. Marketing to people who don't have the money to buy your product is stupid. How msny in the hood can pay for tix? $180 sneaks?
Who told you they were marketing to people that cant purchase their product? The NBA nor NCAA doesnt sell or make sneaks.

Who told you they were marketing to people that cant purchase their product? The NBA nor NCAA doesnt sell or make sneaks.

They aren't marketing to white, middle class Americans. The whole thug appearance and attitude isn't appealing to the middle and upper classes. The entire sport belongs on asphalt in the ghetto at this point.

They aren't marketing to white, middle class Americans. The whole thug appearance and attitude isn't appealing to the middle and upper classes. The entire sport belongs on asphalt in the ghetto at this point.
Sure they are marketing to white middle class america. Its the same thing they did with Gangsta Rap. Now you cant find good rap music in the mainstream because they market it for suburban white middle class america.

At last some good news but, you know that getting him ready for the NBA draft is euphamism for "getting ready to complain the NBA is racist for not drafting him".

Sure they are marketing to white middle class america. Its the same thing they did with Gangsta Rap. Now you cant find good rap music in the mainstream because they market it for suburban white middle class america.
"Good rap music" is an oxymoron.

For that matter, "rap music" is an oxymoron.

At last some good news but, you know that getting him ready for the NBA draft is euphamism for "getting ready to complain the NBA is racist for not drafting him".

Yes every black who does not get the job he wanted screams he is being blacklisted on account of race!! This despite all the affirmative action programs that give blacks special treatment.

It is no loss. After all he admitted that his son was not interested in any education. Just play basketball. He's getting ready for the NBA. See how that works out.

Forum List

Back