So you can't afford an AC-130 for 350 million? Armed V-22

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
In the next couple of years, there will be Armed V-22s. To date, they do place weapons on the cargo door and fire out the back. But that is about to change with the introduction of the APKS short range laser guided rockets. This will also change how deadly the little AH-1 is as well.

In the next couple of years, there will be Armed V-22s. To date, they do place weapons on the cargo door and fire out the back. But that is about to change with the introduction of the APKS short range laser guided rockets. This will also change how deadly the little AH-1 is as well.

WETSU!

• Banned

WETSU!

Huh?

I had to look that up. Tells me that you ain't too smart. You jump out of perfectly good Airplanes :10:

WETSU!

Huh?

I had to look that up. Tells me that you ain't too smart. You jump out of perfectly good Airplanes :10:

I like that system. In the 80s and 90s my son flew Cobras. I just sent him this video. WETSU means We Eat This Shit Up.

• Banned

WETSU!

Huh?

I like that system. In the 80s and 90s my son flew Cobras. I just sent him this video. WETSU means We Eat This Shit Up.

I was an AF weenie so I had to look it up. The first time I saw Thor landing on our new base at Ubon RTAB, it look odder than hell. Who the hell would mount guns meant for Naval Destroyers out the sides of an Aircraft? Some just had to be on drugs. Well, that bird kept growing until there were 13 of them parked out there. And a legend wasn't born, it was earned. Marines mounting weapons on the V-22 and creating an AV-22 does make sense. Then again, mounting guns on the sides of a twin engine civilian prop plane made sense at one time as well. Okay, arming the O-2 probably wasn't the smartest idea but it was done.

Nobody "asked" for it...

I have been in a gunship that was narrowly missed by a SAM the size of a telephone pole. We didn't have those neat toys. There were a lot of lives lost in the AC-130s due to those exploding telephone poles. Who asked for it? Everyone that ever flew on any Cargoship.

Nobody "asked" for it...

I have been in a gunship that was narrowly missed by a SAM the size of a telephone pole. We didn't have those neat toys. There were a lot of lives lost in the AC-130s due to those exploding telephone poles. Who asked for it? Everyone that ever flew on any Cargoship.

So what's your point? You wan't more overbuilt air-superiority options than evah! Evah! Evah! Before?

What is this argument anyway?

Countermeasures out the wazoo. You wan't moar guns? Install em' yourselves.

What's the arguement here?.

Nobody "asked" for it...

So what's your point? You wan't more overbuilt air-superiority options than evah! Evah! Evah! Before?

When in Combat, I wanted to stay alive. You know what that is, it's the opposite of staying dead. And anything that helps to keep me alive is very welcome. Overbuilt is always preferred over under built. Living for a combat troop is always preferred over dying.

Nobody "asked" for it... thunderbird inbound, can't determine vector sir! Brace for impact! Ding, ding ding..

When in Combat, I wanted to stay alive. You know what that is, it's the opposite of staying dead. And anything that helps to keep me alive is very welcome. Overbuilt is always preferred over under built. Living for a combat troop is always preferred over dying.

How much you wanni?

Nobody "asked" for it... thunderbird inbound, can't determine vector sir! Brace for impact! Ding, ding ding..

How much you wanni?

Say goodnight Gracie

Forum List

Back