So YOU blame the Bush administration for deficits?---REALLY? How about some FACTS.

How about some facts?

The fact is, Bush didn't put the wars in the budget. They were completely paid for with deficit spending using emergency supplemental bills every few months. Bush didn't pay for his huge medicare pharma entitlement and he didn't pay for the tax cuts for the rich either.

By the way, we can stop pretending Republicans want to balance the budget. They voted no for pay as you go.

Apparently they like deficit spending. They just lie and say they don't.

House Roll Call #48 Details - OpenCongress

Democrats voted yes, Republicans voted no. Good thing we have enough Democrats to pass it in the House. Now all watch while the Senate Republicans filibuster it, like they've blocked EVERY SINGLE other bill. They are breaking all records.

How about some facts?

The fact is, Bush didn't put the wars in the budget. They were completely paid for with deficit spending using emergency supplemental bills every few months. Bush didn't pay for his huge medicare pharma entitlement and he didn't pay for the tax cuts for the rich either.

By the way, we can stop pretending Republicans want to balance the budget. They voted no for pay as you go.

Apparently they like deficit spending. They just lie and say they don't.

House Roll Call #48 Details - OpenCongress

Democrats voted yes, Republicans voted no. Good thing we have enough Democrats to pass it in the House. Now all watch while the Senate Republicans filibuster it, like they've blocked EVERY SINGLE other bill. They are breaking all records.

Pay as you go is the equivlant of throwing a bone to the American public & calling it good---:lol::lol::lol: There is no stopping this congress & administration from spending. Barack Obama is already talking about taking 30 BILLION dollars from the pay-back of the TARP funds to spend on Stimulus bill jr. This money under law is to be paid back to the treasury--aka the American taxpayer. He wants to spend it.

In fact, your President Barack Obama has spent more in one single year than the cost of ALL wars combined, in the history of the United States. That is a fact.

Are you suggesting--that we should have waited to fund the invasion of Afganistan after the attack of 9/11?

Last edited:
Both pubs and dems have made this mess. Obama and the dem congress are making it worse. Both parties need to be paying down this debt not adding to it. This is the national debt by year. It went up regardless of which party was in control under Bush. It will continue to go up until the voters on both sides realize their "party" is just as responsible as the other. Then they can look for candidates {on BOTH sides} that will actually do what is necessary to reduce this debt.

09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75
09/30/2008 10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2007 9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 5,807,463,412,200.06
09/30/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86

YOUR NUMBERS ARE EITHER WRONG OR PURPOSELY MISLEADING !!!!!

It is a fact that the MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami spent in ONE YEAR the sum total of what Bush spent in EIGHT YEARS........so your numbers are full of SHIT.

I am not going to do your research for you, but I heard Over and Over again on TV the fact that I stated.
Why CON$ervaTards are so stupid is in full display.

They hear a GOP scripted lie on GOP hate media and they will not research anything for themselves even when they are exposed to the truth.

Bush ran up $5 TRILLION in DEBT in his 8 years, as much debt as ALL presidents in US history combined. Stop playing dumb.

The point is Marxist Obami Salami and the Dem congress isn't JUST making it worse.....The point you're obfuscating is that their spending is UNPRECEDENTED in that Obami Salami spending in ONE YEAR is QUADRUPLE of that of what was spent by Bush in his last year.

I don't have the time to get the source but I heard those stats on TV NUMEROUS TIMES from sources I consider reliable.

As to whether you believe my info.....naturally that it's up to you. But so far there isn't a SINGLE FACT that I stated that was ever successfully refuted. Take it or leave it.
How can you consider them "reliable" if you never checked them????

Your BS has been repeatedly refuted, but you just reject the truth because as a CON$ervaTard you are too lazy to check and you just repeat the lies from your dishonest sources.

Name ONE IRREFUTUBLE FACT that I stated ( and I named HUNDREDS) that was succesfully REFUTED......Of the HUNDREDS of posts..........NAME ONE, that according to YOU was a TRUTH that I rejected, asshole.

I'm wondering about the DEFLECTION you'll use.
Hey DOOFUS are you blind as well as retarded??? :cuckoo:

It is a fact that the MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami spent in ONE YEAR the sum total of what Bush spent in EIGHT YEARS........so your numbers are full of SHIT.

I am not going to do your research for you, but I heard Over and Over again on TV the fact that I stated.
Why CON$ervaTards are so stupid is in full display.

They hear a GOP scripted lie on GOP hate media and they will not research anything for themselves even when they are exposed to the truth.

Bush ran up $5 TRILLION in DEBT in his 8 years, as much debt as ALL presidents in US history combined. Stop playing dumb.

How can you consider them "reliable" if you never checked them????

Your BS has been repeatedly refuted, but you just reject the truth because as a CON$ervaTard you are too lazy to check and you just repeat the lies from your dishonest sources.

Name ONE IRREFUTUBLE FACT that I stated ( and I named HUNDREDS) that was succesfully REFUTED......Of the HUNDREDS of posts..........NAME ONE, that according to YOU was a TRUTH that I rejected, asshole.

I'm wondering about the DEFLECTION you'll use.
Hey DOOFUS are you blind as well as retarded??? :cuckoo:

EdTheIdiot,

I thought you were a POLITICAL IDIOT.

With that post above, you just proved to one and all, that you are an IDIOT in a MEDICAL CONTEXT as well.

You can't READ simple English and UNDERSTAND what you read.

OMG, you are TRULY PATHETIC !!!!

Where the fuck did I say that the FIRST RED COLOURED SENTENCE was an "IRREFUTABLE FACT" ??????

I made it clear that I was just QUOTING a "fact" that I HEARD on TV many, many times and that I believed it because I thought it was from sources that were reliable. And I STILL think that "fact" is RELIABLE.

I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS AN "IRREFUTABLE FACT", you goddamn IDIOT.

Example of what I claim is an "IRREFUTABLE FACT": MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami launched his Senatorial Career from his friend the UNREPENTANT, HOMICIDAL, MANIACAL COMMIE/TERRORIST Bill Ayers' home".

GEDDIT ?????? YOU IDIOT ???????

Last edited:

They are not "my" numbers. Do you believe everything the box tells you? Go look up the national debt by year. You must have ignored the line in my post where I said Obama and the dem congress are making it worse.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2009

The point is Marxist Obami Salami and the Dem congress isn't JUST making it worse.....The point you're obfuscating is that their spending is UNPRECEDENTED in that Obami Salami spending in ONE YEAR is QUADRUPLE of that of what was spent by Bush in his last year.

I don't have the time to get the source but I heard those stats on TV NUMEROUS TIMES from sources I consider reliable.

As to whether you believe my info.....naturally that it's up to you. But so far there isn't a SINGLE FACT that I stated that was ever successfully refuted. Take it or leave it.

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.

What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits? Spending. Riedl details:

President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern*ment health care fund.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi*dent Obama would double it.
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.

President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.

UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish.

CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.

Click the below link for the charts.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Now up to 12 trillion.

Last edited:
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress

You might want to look up the word "veto"

What does the word "veto" matter when this country has elected a President who won't use it--:lol::lol:

The week after Obama signed off on a 787 BILLION dollar so-called stimulus bill that wasn't & that included 64 MILLION in bonuses for AIG executives & another 200+ MILLION for exec. at Fannie/Freddie--"While he was proclaiming that this country was in the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression--he signed off on another 450 BILLION dollar Ominus bill--"That Bush refused to sign" that included over 9000 earmarks, goodies & special political favors--:lol::lol::lol:--"referring to it as last years business"--:lol::lol::lol:

$Earmarks-Signing-Statement.jpg

450 BILLION for 9000 earmarks

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress

You might want to look up the word "veto"

What does the word "veto" matter when this country has elected a President who won't use it--:lol::lol:

The week after Obama

I'm talking about the Bush administration.

"While he was proclaiming that this country was in the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression--he signed off on another 450 BILLION dollar Ominus bill--"

Are you even aware that you can't stimulate an economy without spending, or are you just that retarded?

Both pubs and dems have made this mess. Obama and the dem congress are making it worse. Both parties need to be paying down this debt not adding to it. This is the national debt by year. It went up regardless of which party was in control under Bush. It will continue to go up until the voters on both sides realize their "party" is just as responsible as the other. Then they can look for candidates {on BOTH sides} that will actually do what is necessary to reduce this debt.

As you were.

This is an exercise in comprehension of numbers, dealing with the phenomenon which caused marketers around the world to stop pricing products and services with round numbers.

Notice, if you will, that the numbers appear to go up an equal amount (roughly) each year, right to the last year.

But upon closer examination, you will discover that the increase each year is about 500 Billion, but the increase the last year is nearly four times that amount, or TWO TRILLION DOLLARS.

Another thing that people seem to forget is that the nation's economy took a big hit on 9/11, nearly devastating the Airline industry, among others. No other administration has had to deal with that kind of emergency. However, the speed with which the Obaminable Noman's minions are dismantling the security infrastructure that kept us from further successful attacks will likely result in more Americans leaping out of skyscraper windows to avoid immolation before his first term is over.

But don't expect the Obamination to take the same path as Bush, because he doesn't see anything wrong with having other nations send their religious whackjobs to further their interests by murdering innocents in America or anywhere else.

As you were.

Last edited:
Americans are dumbasses.
Government health care costs are what is killing us and is the largest deficit expenditure there is.
DUH.
And it was Bush and the Republicans that pushed it and passed it.
Largest social program in 70 years. DOPE plan
And right wing knuckleheads deny it.
"I have my health care, it is free and will not give it up. Grand kids,who cares?" mentality in both parties on health care is bankrupting us.
We have become a nation of village idiots.

As you were.

This is an exercise in comprehension of numbers, dealing with the phenomenon which caused marketers around the world to stop pricing products and services with round numbers.

Notice, if you will, that the numbers appear to go up an equal amount (roughly) each year, right to the last year.

But upon closer examination, you will discover that the increase each year is about 500 Billion, but the increase the last year is nearly four times that amount, or TWO TRILLION DOLLARS.

Another thing that people seem to forget is that the nation's economy took a big hit on 9/11, nearly devastating the Airline industry, among others. No other administration has had to deal with that kind of emergency. However, the speed with which the Obaminable Noman's minions are dismantling the security infrastructure that kept us from further successful attacks will likely result in more Americans leaping out of skyscraper windows to avoid immolation before his first term is over.

But don't expect the Obamination to take the same path as Bush, because he doesn't see anything wrong with having other nations send their religious whackjobs to further their interests by murdering innocents in America or anywhere else.

As you were.
Of course the lying Bushwacker didn't leave office on 9/30/2008 did he!!!
On Jan 20, 2009 the debt was $600 billion higher, $10,626,877,048,913.08 and you also glossed over the fact that the year before the debt rose $1 trillion, so in Bush's last 2 years he doubled and then tripled the average you used.

"I think the biggest problem in the U.S. is far too large a percentage of our resources go into the relatively unproductive segment of Defense. If we had not spent a trillion dollars in Iraq, we would have far more freedom now to respond to this short-term crisis."
-- Barney Frank, at the World Economic Forum, Link

whatever happened to those pesky WMD's?

Jay Canuck , another ESTABLISHED Obamarrhoidal Political Idiot asked:

"whatever happened to those pesky WMD's ?" .......

And, in doing so was STUPID enough to harken back to the days when the HYPOCRITICAL and TREACHEROUS LIEberals, pulled the 180 degree about face and sent the unmistakable GREEN LIGHT to IRAN and the other ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE to start the IRAQI QUAGMIRE by using the 24/7 LIEberal Controlled National media to pull off the Greatest Scam in Political History of The World....... castigating, and DESTROYING Dubya.......while OBFUSCATING THE FACT THAT DUBYA INVADED IRAQ because he AGREED with the Clinton Adm's AND THE CONGRESSIONAL DEM LEADERS.....I REPEAT CONGRESSIONAL DEM LEADERS ......Yowling and Howling for the elimination of the Baghdad Psycho.

These DEM PHONIES turned around and BACKSTABBED Bush for using the IDENTICAL VERBIAGE of the DEM Congressional Leaders, PARTIALLY LISTED below, WHO NOW ATTACKED BUSH because with Bush's destruction of the Baghdad Psycho's FOURTH LARGEST ARMY IN THE WORLD......IN TWENTY TWO DAYS.......the Dems' chances for re-election were DOOMED in the upcoming elections.

So, Jay Canuck, you stupid Obamarrhoidal fuck, why doncha ask THEM about "whatever happened to those pesky WMD's?":

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass
destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal
here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear,
chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest
security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times
since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to
the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin,
Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he
has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has . chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass
destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons
programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam
continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a
licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten
the United States and our allies."
- Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)
and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a
threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the
mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction
and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in
power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing
weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and
biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to
build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence
reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority
to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe
that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real
and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively
to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the
next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every
significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his
chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has
refused to do" Rep.
- Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that
Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons
stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has
also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will
continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare,
and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam
Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for
the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal,
murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime . He presents a
particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real
..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 20

Now, the fucking deceitful distorters of the TRUTH like Rdeeanie Weanie, LeftySHITflinger, TheAlzheimerAddled MoronDaddyTime, StarkeyMalarkey etc., will trot out the usual trite LIES, and haul out the "smoke & mirrors" CRAPPOLA to obfuscate the IRREFUTABLE HYPOCRISY and TREACHERY of their DEM Party's HORRENDOUS DEEDS in order to win the upcoming elections.

Saddam lied to everyone about WMD's because of Iran but before Bush launched his war on Iraq there was proof he didn't have them - have a nice read you little asswipe.

[SIZE=+1]No regrets, many mistakes[/SIZE]
by Gene Lyons
Link Excerpt:
Bush told Charlie Gibson, "Saddam Hussein was unwilling to let the inspectors go in to determine whether or not the U.N. resolutions were being upheld." Bush has been peddling this brazen falsehood for years. It's even possible he's come to believe it. In reality, Iraq produced a 12,000-page document on Dec. 7, 2002, explaining the destruction of its chemical and biological weapons. Despite some foot-dragging, Saddam then allowed U.N.inspectors to travel at will inside Iraq searching for forbidden weapons. The inspectors remained until March 2003 when Bush ordered them out ahead of his "shock and awe" bombing campaign.The U.N. inspectors' activities were broadcast on TV daily for weeks. The same kinds of easily manipulated patriots doubtless infuriated by this column were then focusing their ire on chief arms inspector Hans Blix.

All conveniently forgotten by Bush, his followers and our intrepid press corps, no longer so much covering for a failed president as for themselves.

who was in charge of launching the war....a couple of Dems who believed Saddams lies or the POTUS?

Last edited:
Saddam lied to everyone about WMD's because of Iran but before Bush launched his war on Iraq there was proof he didn't have them - have a nice read you little asswipe.
My, my.... do you send email to your mama with that keyboard?
[SIZE=+1]No regrets, many mistakes[/SIZE]
by Gene Lyons
Link Excerpt:
Bush told Charlie Gibson, "Saddam Hussein was unwilling to let the inspectors go in to determine whether or not the U.N. resolutions were being upheld." Bush has been peddling this brazen falsehood for years. It's even possible he's come to believe it. In reality, Iraq produced a 12,000-page document on Dec. 7, 2002, explaining the destruction of its chemical and biological weapons.

Nonsense. General Sada's book, "Sadam's Secrets," revealed that Saddam modified two aircraft and flew his chemical and bio weapons stash to Syria in Dec. 2002..... coincidence??

I don't think so.

Despite some foot-dragging, Saddam then allowed U.N. inspectors to travel at will inside Iraq searching for forbidden weapons.

Yet more poppycock. It's well known that Saddam had used over 20,000 personnel to foil the efforts of UN "inspectors," who never numbered more than a couple of hundred, including assisstants, and who mostly stayed in their hotels, drinking and partying--also documented in Sada's book (Amazon has some informative reviews).

The inspectors remained until March 2003 when Bush ordered them out ahead of his "shock and awe" bombing campaign.

Balderdash! No US President ever had the authority to order any UN inspector to do anything! Kofi Annan ordered the evacuation, after Saddam ignored Bush's last ultimatum (which was a stupid idea from the get-go).

Anybody reading this: ever play a game when you were a kid, where you put something your little brother or sister wanted behind your back and then promised to give it to them.... if they can guess which hand it's in??? Didn't you think they were pretty stupid if they fell for that trick more than once or twice??

Bush was just as silly, expecting anything to be there after giving the scumbag eight months to ditch the booty.

But even more silly are those who say the attack on Saddam's regime was unjustified because no large cache of WMDs has since been discovered there. Only an idiot would expect to find anything after giving Barney friggin' Fife eight months to get rid of it, fer cryin' out loud!!

The U.N. inspectors' activities were broadcast on TV daily for weeks. The same kinds of easily manipulated patriots doubtless infuriated by this column were then focusing their ire on chief arms inspector Hans Blix.

And rightly so, as I recall. A more incompetent buffoon I could not hope to encounter, n'est-ce pas?

All conveniently forgotten by Bush, his followers and our intrepid press corps, no longer so much covering for a failed president as for themselves.

Intrepid press corps?? You mean like the traitors at Associated Press, UPI, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, LAT, WaPo, Newsweek, Time, and CNN??

Stand back a little, I think I'm gonna puke.

who was in charge of launching the war....a couple of Dems who believed Saddams lies or the POTUS?

False choices do not an argument make. The answer to the proper question (who could have most easily prevented the war?) Is clearly and irrefutably Saddam Hussein... all he had to do was hand over the WMD's that the intelligence agencies of at least five different countries, including Egypt, said he had.

But nooooo, he was as deranged as the most ardent sufferer of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS).

As you were.

Last edited:
Actually it was the Republicans who balanced the budget during the Clinton years. I know Slick Willy likes to run around taking all the credit but it really was a Republican-led Congress who forced the balancing of the budget. Again,most people don't understand this because they really are ignorant. Our Publican Schools are a failure. Most Americans don't even understand the basics of how our Government works. The Democrats could have balanced the budget even when George Bush was President. Obviously they chose not to. The Democrats have been a miserable failure. Nuff said.

You wish.............hahahaha

The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush, blah blah blah. Amazingly enough, a lot of people swallow this nonsense.

Here is a short civics lesson.
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. They controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009, as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases. For FY 2009, though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office--while sticking nonsense spending bills (last minute or middle of the night earmarks & other goodies into bills.)

At that time, they passed a massive 450 BILLION dollar omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets which Bush refused to sign. Obama gleefully signed that which had over 9000 earmarks & political pay-backs included in it. Obama referred to this bill as "last years" business--:lol::lol: The very week after Obama signed off on the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill that wasn't--which included 64 million in bonuses for AIG & 200+ million for Fannie/Freddie bonuses--gratitude of the American taxpayer. This the bill that no one read before signing off on it.

And where was Barack Obama during the 2007--2008 full year budget? He was a member of that very Senate that passed all of these massive spending bills.

Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is--"I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since I took office on January 20 2009." This President in one single year has spent more--than the cost of ALL WARS combined in United States History!

It is estimated that each & every household in America today is in debt $100,000 to the Federal Government's tab.

How's all that hopey & changey workin for ya?--:lol::lol:

View attachment 9391

450 BILLION for 9000 earmarks that Bush refused to sign--:lol::lol::lol:

Naa I blame both parties for our woes.

Naa I blame both parties for our woes.

Honestly I blame both too. I do blame the right a bit more, but the Democrats certainly had a large hand in where we are now.

I loved the last line of the post you were responding to, though:

450 BILLION for 9000 earmarks that Bush refused to sign--

Which is, in itself an unbelievable lie.

Both parties have been trying to blame all their spending on the other party's "earmarks", when said earmarks usually make up less than 1% of spending.

Which is just another way of saying "It's all their fault."

Last edited:

As you were.

As you were.

On Jan 20, 2009 the debt was $600 billion higher, $10,626,877,048,913.08 and you also glossed over the fact that the year before the debt rose $1 trillion, so in Bush's last 2 years he doubled and then tripled the average you used.

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China? The spendthrift Dems were in control of Congress from '06 until today. Pelosi and Reid didn't just start their BS in '08, and one of the biggest complaints conservatives had against Bush was his refusal to veto any spending for his first 6 years--or are you one of those who will try to portray Bush as a conservative?

Go ahead, make my day.

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China? The spendthrift Dems were in control of Congress from '06 until today. Pelosi and Reid didn't just start their BS in '08, and one of the biggest complaints conservatives had against Bush was his refusal to veto any spending for his first 6 years--or are you one of those who will try to portray Bush as a conservative?

Go ahead, make my day.

Wow, first you use annoying to read (so I didn't) orange fonts, and now you're changing your argument entirely when proven wrong?

Sheesh.

Your right. Most forget that the Congress has controll of the purse strings. Not the Prez. The Congress can accept the budget the Prez presents, or send it back.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Exactly!

I've been telling people for years the United States military spending plan which bankrupted the USSR in the 80's was due to congress not Reagan!

Really I don't know if I even buy that 100%. Just thought its interesting how party lovers like to have their cake and eat it too.

Life w/o political parties would create much more intelligent political debate.

Forum List

Back