FBI Director Reports That Abdulmutallab Cooperating

In testimony before a Senate Committee yesterday, Director of The Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) Robert Mueller reported that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the so-called "Underwear Bomber") was cooperating with U.S. Intelligence Officals.

This co-operation came without benefit of torture.

Mueller told Senate Committee Members that Abdulmutallab had been cooperating since at least Thursday of last week, giving valuable information including names, dates and places where Abdulmutallab had met with al-Qeada in Yemen, the group that has since claimed responsibility for the failed attempt to bomb a U.S. Jet Liner over the Christmas Holidays.

Members of Abdulmutallab's Family had been allowed to with him, which according to sources in the F.B.I. was a great factor in his co-operation.

Conservative's had been lining up at the mike, hunting down T.V. Camera's and doing a great amount of posturing over the fact that Abdulmutallab had been given his "Mirianda Rights", which included his right to remain silent and a right to legal representation.

Yet, without torture, without waterboarding or sleep deprivation the suspect has given real actionable intelligence regarding al-Qeada in Yemen, which the U.S. and authorities in Yemen have used to track down members of the cells operating in that country. No torture, no phony Jack Bower types yelling into his ear and cutting him with a knife.

The U.S. has gained more intelligence in this matter by NOT tortureing this man than could have otherwise been expected.

But I just know all those righteous, god fearing, mother loving, flag waving neo-nut butt wads want him to be tortured.

Never mind that torture does not work, very seldom if ever does the person being tortured ever really give up valuable information, they just want the pain to end.

In this case NO TORTURE WORKED.

....what were they saying.....umh.....oh ya...now that he's "lawyered up" we won't be able to get any vital info out of him.

How dare they!

Bring out the rack.

SpanishOrig.jpg

In testimony before a Senate Committee yesterday, Director of The Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) Robert Mueller reported that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the so-called "Underwear Bomber") was cooperating with U.S. Intelligence Officals.

This co-operation came without benefit of torture.

Mueller told Senate Committee Members that Abdulmutallab had been cooperating since at least Thursday of last week, giving valuable information including names, dates and places where Abdulmutallab had met with al-Qeada in Yemen, the group that has since claimed responsibility for the failed attempt to bomb a U.S. Jet Liner over the Christmas Holidays.

Members of Abdulmutallab's Family had been allowed to with him, which according to sources in the F.B.I. was a great factor in his co-operation.

Conservative's had been lining up at the mike, hunting down T.V. Camera's and doing a great amount of posturing over the fact that Abdulmutallab had been given his "Mirianda Rights", which included his right to remain silent and a right to legal representation.

Yet, without torture, without waterboarding or sleep deprivation the suspect has given real actionable intelligence regarding al-Qeada in Yemen, which the U.S. and authorities in Yemen have used to track down members of the cells operating in that country. No torture, no phony Jack Bower types yelling into his ear and cutting him with a knife.

The U.S. has gained more intelligence in this matter by NOT tortureing this man than could have otherwise been expected.

But I just know all those righteous, god fearing, mother loving, flag waving neo-nut butt wads want him to be tortured.

Never mind that torture does not work, very seldom if ever does the person being tortured ever really give up valuable information, they just want the pain to end.

In this case NO TORTURE WORKED.

You do know what that means don't you?... The "Dick" Cheney will be all over the TV claiming we are soft on the terrorism.

They didn't have to waterboard him or even talk to him. Its called a plea bargain. His lawyer handled the whole thing.

Woner what he got with his plea bargain???

Last edited:
torture does not work.

The fact that the last admin tried to claim it did was to cover for them torturing to get the intell they wanted.

torture does not work.

The fact that the last admin tried to claim it did was to cover for them torturing to get the intell they wanted.

Plea bargains do though. Wonder how much of the farm they gave away to get this dirtbag to talk?? Waterboarding is probably much cheaper and you get the same results.

Funny how this comes out a day after Obama was absolutely hammered by house and senate repubs for his inept handling of terror suspects.

This administration is full of shit. And anybody who believes ANYTHING that comes out of this administration is a friggin' idot!

The keyword is 'cooperating' that does not define what is being given up. For all we know he might have agreed to give his name and social security number.

Can we ask what information was obtained by this 'co-operation'? Was it anything valuable?

Last edited:
torture does not work.

The fact that it was used and got information that prevented attacks proves you wrong.

So he is blabbing...so what? It doesn't mean that this same strategy would have worked on the other prisoners we've held. Every person is different. From stories I have read, the US government actually had his parents come here so they could talk him into assisting the investigation.

Does anyone here really think KSM's Mom or Dad (if alive) would have come to the states (or GITMO) to scold their boy into talking?

That being said, how old is this kid? Again, once his plan failed and he was captured, I'd guess he started shitting himself.

-TSO

The keyword is 'cooperating' that does not define what is being given up. For all we know he might have agreed to give his name and social security number.

Can we ask what information was obtained by this 'co-operation'? Was it anything valuable?

Read the articles - they state quite a bit of useful info was given.

I did and it did not say what was given up. He could have just told him his name and telephone number. You should ask "what was given up that actually helped", "was anything useful given up.", "was the intelligence actionable", and "was what he was telling us actually true".

None of this was addressed in the article.

I'm sure we now posess a wealth of info like, at which Walmart he purchased his underwear, why he hates America, does he support Obama, does he like his lamb seasoned on not?

They should have started waterboarding the little puke the day they captured him. Damn bleeding heart liberals are gonna get us all killed!!!

I did and it did not say what was given up. He could have just told him his name and telephone number. You should ask "what was given up that actually helped", "was anything useful given up.", "was the intelligence actionable", and "was what he was telling us actually true".

None of this was addressed in the article.

I did a search for articles and came up with:

washingtonpost.com
In recent days, two law enforcement sources said, Abdulmutallab has told authorities more about where he trained overseas and others he met there -- leads that the FBI has shared with other members of the U.S. intelligence community. Investigators are following up to corroborate the information.

hey Peppers, they don't believe Obama but they never questioned that lying sack crap Bush when he claimed the same thing, gee i wonder why

Forum List

Back