So you are squad leader being chased by the bad guys... you and your group jump in your EV jeep and guess what?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

The US Army is going electric – and wants to be net-zero by 2050​

But the EV batteries are not charged! You can't go anywhere!
Unlike the earlier jeeps with their extra tanks of gas in US Green Metal Gas Jerry Can Army Military Fuel 5 Gallon US Jeep.
So will these new EV jeeps carry extra batteries?
Also will the new EV jeeps get charged at night from local utilities?
Where will this electricity come from to charge the EV jeeps?

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.54.07 PM.png

You are squad leader being chased by the bad guys and your group jumps in your internal combustion jeep and guess what?

No gas!

No oil!

And the battery is dead!

Where will the gas come from? Where will this oil come from?

ZOMG!!!

The US Army is going electric – and wants to be net-zero by 2050​

But the EV batteries are not charged! You can't go anywhere!
Unlike the earlier jeeps with their extra tanks of gas in US Green Metal Gas Jerry Can Army Military Fuel 5 Gallon US Jeep.
So will these new EV jeeps carry extra batteries?
Also will the new EV jeeps get charged at night from local utilities?
Where will this electricity come from to charge the EV jeeps?

View attachment 729215
I can see a use for EV in covert missions where silence is golden but to think EV can ever replace ICE is just stupid,,

I guess you don't realize that in the military, ALL equipment is routinely checked to make sure it's serviceable for the things it's required to do.

Right. And all military maneuvers and engagements with the enemy are planned out in advance, so they know just how many miles they're going to drive.

Maybe we could have a little kumbaya pow-wow with the enemy and ask them if we could borrow a generator to charge the hybrid tactical vehicle. I'm sure they'll be generous enough to let us use one for a couple hours.

An EV is a much stealthier vehicle than a roaring internal combustion vehicle, too.
NO Question! Especially when the batteries are no longer charged! That's the point. I agree quieter but you tell me which you would prefer to make an escape in saying a small town... an EV with half charged batteries and you have to recharge or a regular jeep with half tank of gas and a Jerry Can containing 5 gallons of gas?

Forum List

Back