So Where's the Public Outrage and Front Page Stories?

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

What is funny, no matter how many times we say he is an idiot who spews nonsense, these pseudo-conservatives still say we are supporting Sharpton and they still continue with the personal attacks.

They want us to condemn this idiot, which we have done...but I guess that is not good enough. Ironic that these same people won't condemn blatant racism against minorities on this forum but they demand we condemn Sharpton (which we have) over and over and over again.

Like I said, USMB is the new stormfront

of "blatant" racists on these forums who are just over-the-top Stormfront haters and don't care who knows it. Lately I've been reacting to this group by shoving the hate back in their faces. Childish probably but when there is no hope of rational dialogue, hey, at least I get the satisfaction of relieving some small amout of frustration. And as you point out there is a large number of self styled "conservatives" interacting in the threads and very seldom if ever condemning the poison spewing from the jackals. They more often that not enable the haters by parsing out quips of "takers vs makers" or "black on white violence" or a hundred other code phrases that the jackals feast on. Honest conservatives (a guy like Starkey e.g.) are few and far between and the others acquiescence is a large part of the problem and contributes nothing to dialogues on very real racial tensions. Maybe the most maddening of all are those who take the position that racism doesn't actually exist anymore, it's an historical artifact from "long ago."

Straw man.
Every SpeedShooters thread I have seen has plenty of well deserved disdain for him.

Nada, none, zero, zilch. No one is listening to him except you clowns.

My purpose was not to elevate Sharpton, but I did make an error in an earlier post in this thread. Sharpton was ever a Congressman--I was thinking of Rangel when I posted that. But Sharpton is a former Senate and Presidential candidate, has been the subject of federal investigations, does host his own TV show on MSNBC, and is PROMINENTLY featured in all media every time he rushes to the cameras to lead a protest against somebody somewhere who said or did anything that could even possibly be labeled 'racist'. He is on the front pages almost as much as Obama.

So to say that he is a nobody that anybody with any sense would pay no attention to him just isn't a credible characterization of him.

So the question remains. If a Don Imus can be destroyed for an innocent quip about 'nappy headed hos'; if the PC police can descend on a Rush Limbaugh for poorly chosen words to denounce a political activist testifying before Congress; if the PC police can descend on the CEO of Chic-fil-a for no offense other than support of traditional marriage; if the PC police can descend on a Duck Dynasty star for no offense other than saying what he thinks the Bible says; if a Don Sterling can be destroyed because his girlfriend taped a conversation meant to stay between the two of them. . . .

. . . .then where is the similar outrage demanding that an Al Sharpton be punished for repeated racist remarks?

You are missing the fact that no one listens to Sharpton except conservatives. No matter what someone has done in the past, people are only concerned about the latest. Sharpton has talked himself into irrelevance as far as the Black community goes. I agree with him on somethings but most of what he says is over the top nonsense. None of the people you listed have been destroyed. What exactly is it that Sharpton has evaded?

Once again you claim the good Rev doesn't matter. Each of those listed has paid a price for their words but not Al.
BTW, could you provide a link to your claim that only cons listen to Sharpton?

Sharpton is the boogeyman conservatives seem to froth over. Its amusing to see people really believe he represents or is the leader of all Black people. :lol:

I see no one claiming the good Rev is leader of all or even many Black peeps but he is a TV personality who is justly scorned for his blatant bigotry. The question is how does this bigot hang on to his TV job? As stupid as Jimmy da Greek's comment was, at least he expressed regret. He deservedly lost his TV job.
Jimmy Snyder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I already explained that. He is a paid shit starter as far as TV goes just like Rush is. He controls the vast majority of his income so no one can shut him down short of putting him in prison and even then he would still garner an audience from conservatives. If there were people expressing outrage at what he said on TV enough to hurt the stations bottom line he would be gone. The fact that there isnt tells me no one is extremely bothered by what he is saying except the right.

My other theory is that normal people believe that someone espousing bigotry caused by racism and bigotry toward him is not as ugly and probably justified. For example. If Michelle Knight started a foundation that consisted of male bashing most people may disagree but it would not bother them because they would understand where its coming from. On the other hand if the FLOTUS did it there would be an uproar.

Last edited:
Funny....no concern expressed regarding Sharpton's blatant racism and anti-semitism. It's either defending him or claiming it doesn't matter.

Go figure, right? :neutral:

Nada, none, zero, zilch. No one is listening to him except you clowns.

Which is, as WQ noted, you claiming Rev A's bigotry doesn't matter. Here's a clue: it does.

Here is another clue. No it doesnt. It doesnt matter just like the bigotry expressed by Rush does not matter.

You gave me a rep for nailing one of the bigots on this board. Bigots should all be denounced equally...regardless of the color of their skin. Sharpton is a piece of shit. Why waste time defending him?

Its fun seeing you squirm over him and he is irrelevant.

The issue isn't Rev Al's well established bigotry but rather ... yours.

I'm pretty sure the OP is about Sharpton. i dont see my name mentioned at all in the OP.

970997_477686825635334_1901975291_n.jpg

Thats not racist. Its homophobic...and true.

I don't think it's homophobic but rather just the good Rev's bigotry.

It's a simple historical statement. You can find fault with the term "homos" assuming it's meant derogatarily but that's it. More interesting is the low bar some set on their definition of what "racism" is but then considering the source I wouldn't expect actual thought.

(He's actually tossing negs crying the blues that I won't pay attention to him. It baffles me why anyone does)

I see no one claiming the good Rev is leader of all or even many Black peeps but he is a TV personality who is justly scorned for his blatant bigotry. The question is how does this bigot hang on to his TV job? As stupid as Jimmy da Greek's comment was, at least he expressed regret. He deservedly lost his TV job.

Jimmy the Greek was on a TV show about football. Al Sharpton has one about politics. The latter dabbles in the controversial; the former avoids it.

As pointed out a dozen times in this thread already, Al Sharpton serves the same function to MSNBC as Lush Rimjob does to Premiere Networks -- they stir the shit. Because shit-stirring and polarizing draws audience. Nobody at either network cares what's "accurate" in their rants -- they want audience. Because audience means ratings and ratings means ad sales.

You've gotta disabuse yourself from this notion that media is some kind of court of public opinion in which the players are deemed guilty or not guilty and then either retained or fired. That's not what it's there for. So the fact that somebody gave Al Sharpton a TV show, bizarre as that notion is, has nothing to do with his being a self-important shit-stirring ignoramus in love with the sound of his own voice. If anything it's an asset. Lush Rimjob has exactly the same deal for exactly the same reasons.

Moreover, nobody in this thread does the hiring and firing for MSNBC, so, and again we keep asking this question and getting crickets -- what the fuck do you want done here?

Last edited:

I already explained that. He is a paid shit starter as far as TV goes just like Rush is. He controls the vast majority of his income so no one can shut him down short of putting him in prison and even then he would still garner an audience from conservatives. If there were people expressing outrage at what he said on TV enough to hurt the stations bottom line he would be gone. The fact that there isnt tells me no one is extremely bothered by what he is saying except the right.

My other theory is that normal people believe that someone espousing bigotry caused by racism and bigotry toward him is not as ugly and probably justified. For example. If Michelle Knight started a foundation that consisted of male bashing most people may disagree but it would not bother them because they would understand where its coming from. On the other hand if the FLOTUS did it there would be an uproar.

Actually, Sharpton has lived off the traction from several high profile incidents from the 1980's through about 2000, and yes he is a "paid shit stirrer". I would much rather see more energy invested from him using his talk shows on Sirius/XM and MSNBC towards addressing black unemployment statistics and other weightier issues that would have a real and positive impact socially on predominately black communities. The fact that these are not his consistent talking points invalidates his perceived status as being a so called "black leader". He does not "lead" anyone.

Now here is where this gets very interesting. The following is a list of sponsors for his organization ""National Action Network". Granted, this list is from 2009, but many of these companies are still his sponsors.

So the irony here is that none of these companies employ a significant number of blacks. So what is their use for Sharpton, besides him being a tool of division to keep racial bickering going? There is a much greater incentive for that than the opposite.

Sharpton’s Corporate Sponsors Funded Anti-Rush Limbaugh Campaign (Contact info)
NLPC ^ | October 14, 2009 | Peter Flaherty
Posted on October 15, 2009 10:32:24 PDT by jazusamo

Al Sharpton’s platform for his assault on Rush Limbaugh’s NFL ownership bid was the National Action Network (NAN), which is bankrolled by corporate America.
The following companies were identified this year by NAN as “sponsors”: American Honda, Anheuser Busch, Colgate-Palmolive, Comcast, Entergy, Ford Motor Company, Home Depot, Johnson & Johnson, Macy’s, PepsiCo, Pfizer and Wal-Mart. Sponsorship reportedly cost $50,000.

NLPC is asking these companies to end their support for Sharpton and NAN. Here’s how to contact them:

American Honda
phone: 1-800-999-1009 (Mon.-Fri., 6:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Pacific Time)
Fax: 310-783-3023 (24 hours)
Click here to find your local dealer.

Anheuser Busch
email: [email protected]
1-800-342-5283

Colgate-Palmolive
Click here to send an email.
1-800-468-6502 (Consumer Affairs)
1-212-310-2000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Comcast
Email: [email protected]
1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278), (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Entergy
Click here to send an email.* (go to “Other Questions and Comments” at bottom of page)
1-800-368-3749 x: 4 (Customer Service)
1-504-576-4000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Ford Motor Company
Click here to send an email.*
1-800-392-3673 (Mon.-Fri., 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time)

Home Depot

1-800-553-3199 (M-F 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET, Sun: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. ET

Johnson & Johnson
1-732-524-0400 (Corporate Headquarters 7:30 a. m.-5:30p.m. ET)
Fax: 1-732-214-0332

Macy’s
Click here for many phone numbers.

PepsiCo
Phone 1-914-253-2000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Pfizer
1-212-733-2323 (Corporate Headquarters)

Wal-Mart
1-800-925-6278 (Customer Service)

These companies were “sponsors” of the NAN convention that took place April 1-4, 2009 in New York City. It is Sharpton’s main fundraising event of the year. Dr. Carl Horowitz, author of our Special Report on Sharpton, attended as observer.

In past years, I have had confrontations with the PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi and Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian Cook at their annual meetings. Both defended their support of Sharpton by claiming they did not agree with everything he says. This is, of course, ridiculous. If a company is funding NAN, it is responsible for Sharpton’s statements and actions on behalf of NAN.

Sharpton wrote an October 12 letter on NAN letterhead opposing Rush’s bid to buy the St. Louis Rams. With the announcement that the bid is apparently going forward without Rush, Sharpton is positively gloating:

If it is true that Mr. Limbaugh has been dropped by the group bidding to buy the Saint Louis Rams, it is a moral victory for all Americans especially the players that have been unfairly castigated by Rush Limbaugh. This decision will also uphold the unifying standards of major sports.

Actually, Sharpton has lived off the traction from several high profile incidents from the 1980's through about 2000, and yes he is a "paid shit stirrer". I would much rather see more energy invested from him using his talk shows on Sirius/XM and MSNBC towards addressing black unemployment statistics and other weightier issues that would have a real and positive impact socially on predominately black communities. The fact that these are not his consistent talking points invalidates his perceived status as being a so called "black leader". He does not "lead" anyone.

Now here is where this gets very interesting. The following is a list of sponsors for his organization ""National Action Network". Granted, this list is from 2009, but many of these companies are still his sponsors.

So the irony here is that none of these companies employ a significant number of blacks. So what is their use for Sharpton, besides him being a tool of division to keep racial bickering going? There is a much greater incentive for that than the opposite.

Sharpton’s Corporate Sponsors Funded Anti-Rush Limbaugh Campaign (Contact info)
NLPC ^ | October 14, 2009 | Peter Flaherty
Posted on October 15, 2009 10:32:24 PDT by jazusamo

Al Sharpton’s platform for his assault on Rush Limbaugh’s NFL ownership bid was the National Action Network (NAN), which is bankrolled by corporate America.
The following companies were identified this year by NAN as “sponsors”: American Honda, Anheuser Busch, Colgate-Palmolive, Comcast, Entergy, Ford Motor Company, Home Depot, Johnson & Johnson, Macy’s, PepsiCo, Pfizer and Wal-Mart. Sponsorship reportedly cost $50,000.

NLPC is asking these companies to end their support for Sharpton and NAN. Here’s how to contact them:

American Honda
phone: 1-800-999-1009 (Mon.-Fri., 6:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Pacific Time)
Fax: 310-783-3023 (24 hours)
Click here to find your local dealer.

Anheuser Busch
email: [email protected]
1-800-342-5283

Colgate-Palmolive
1-800-468-6502 (Consumer Affairs)
1-212-310-2000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Comcast
Email: [email protected]
1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278), (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Entergy
Click here to send an email.* (go to “Other Questions and Comments” at bottom of page)
1-800-368-3749 x: 4 (Customer Service)
1-504-576-4000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Ford Motor Company
Click here to send an email.*
1-800-392-3673 (Mon.-Fri., 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time)

Home Depot

1-800-553-3199 (M-F 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET, Sun: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. ET

Johnson & Johnson
1-732-524-0400 (Corporate Headquarters 7:30 a. m.-5:30p.m. ET)
Fax: 1-732-214-0332

Macy’s
Click here for many phone numbers.

PepsiCo
Phone 1-914-253-2000 (Corporate Headquarters)

Pfizer
1-212-733-2323 (Corporate Headquarters)

Wal-Mart
1-800-925-6278 (Customer Service)

These companies were “sponsors” of the NAN convention that took place April 1-4, 2009 in New York City. It is Sharpton’s main fundraising event of the year. Dr. Carl Horowitz, author of our Special Report on Sharpton, attended as observer.

In past years, I have had confrontations with the PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi and Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian Cook at their annual meetings. Both defended their support of Sharpton by claiming they did not agree with everything he says. This is, of course, ridiculous. If a company is funding NAN, it is responsible for Sharpton’s statements and actions on behalf of NAN.

Sharpton wrote an October 12 letter on NAN letterhead opposing Rush’s bid to buy the St. Louis Rams. With the announcement that the bid is apparently going forward without Rush, Sharpton is positively gloating:

If it is true that Mr. Limbaugh has been dropped by the group bidding to buy the Saint Louis Rams, it is a moral victory for all Americans especially the players that have been unfairly castigated by Rush Limbaugh. This decision will also uphold the unifying standards of major sports.

Here you go Vagisil. Get busy with some action and stop just whining.

I do not pay any attention to Al Sharpton. He is a race profiteer. It is unfortunate that Blacks in America have sub-standard representation in government because most House districts that are predominatly Black have big government liberals representing them and that leads to more government dependancy. People like Al Sharpton and the "screamer" Shelia Jackson Lee get a free pass because Democratic left wants the Black vote in November. Black politicians and mmedia types always play the victim card. You live in the USA. Word hard and succeed...or wallow in your own anger and fail.

You should not have to work harder than a white person to ge the same result. Thats what pisses off Black people.

can you prove that?

Forum List

Back