so, when are the debate?

spillmind

Sep 1, 2003
Palo Alto, Ca.
i'm licking my chops to see when kerry rips dubya a new one! sorry, dubya, no teleprompter this time! it's about time american people see who this man REALLY is. ...not while his strings are being pulled by evil cheney.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...y,+Bush+camps+prepare+to+negotiate+on+debates

you'd better believe bush would like to skip the debates altogether! anyone want to guess why? :laugh: (hint: they'll be talking about REAL issues... and bush doesn't exactly have much to stand on, much less be able to complete a sentence!)

Did he not engage in debates in 2000? Did he use a teleprompter then? Who pulled his strings when he debated back then? He couldn't have done so badly if he won the race for President.

Better start prepping yourself for 4 more years!

I am also looking forward to seeing Kerry get totally reamed. No fallback Vietnam analogies to get him thru this one, and with his senate record (or lack thereof) Bush is gonna pound him.

spilly, I think you underestimate Bush. He beat Gore in at least 2 (many would say all three) debates in 2000. Meanwhile, Kerry can't stop telling people to quit questioning his patriotism long enough to talk about any issues. I seriously think Bush is gonna :whip: Kerry - not to mention the throttling Cheney is going to give Edwards.

I was wondering if Kerry will make it to the debates. Isn't he under investigation by the Navy?

I think Bush will do great in the debates,he did in the last election,and even had the common courtesy to let his oponent speak,unlike AL Gore. Even Bill Clinton while lying in a hospital bed had to tell Kerry to drop the Vietnam crap. Now,Kerry has to try to learn all the issues being that he hasn't yet. :(

Kerry didnt even debate well against Al Sharpton. Do you really think he has any chance against Bush after Bush trashed Al Gore?

One of Al Gore's problems in the debates was he came off as a different person everytime. Kerry comes off as a different person every five mins.

Kerry really doesnt have much change against Bush unless some act of God occurs and Bush loses his voice. I dont see that as likely.

Exactly what is Kerry going to rip Bush a new one on? There arent any issues he can rip him a new one on.

I guess we will find out at the end of the month when the debates start.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2181579&nav=168XPvJM

(Aug. 16) -- It's official. A schedule has been laid out for President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry to face on in three presidential debates scheduled in September and October.

The debate schedule is:

September 30 from the University of Miami with moderator Jim Lehrer, PBS NewsHour.

October 8 from Washington University in St. Louis will be a town hall format moderated by Charles Gibson, ABC News.

October 13 from Arizona State University moderated by Bob Schieffer, CBS News.

Each debate will have a different overall topic. The first will focus on domestic policy; the second as a town hall meeting is open to all topics; and the third will focus of foreign policy.

Senator John Edwards and Vice President Dick Cheney will face off in their own debate October 5. The vice presidential debate will be moderated by Gwen Ifill, of PBS's NewsHour, from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

This is gonna be good. Kerry reminds me more and more of Dukakis in the sense that he has no real answers. All Dukakis could say was stuff like "we want better jobs for better pay". Great, who doesn't. How are you going to do it? He never had an answer.

The Presidential debates will be good, but the VP debate is going to be a slaughter. Cheney will spank Edwards ass and make him like it.

jimnyc said:
Did he not engage in debates in 2000? Did he use a teleprompter then? Who pulled his strings when he debated back then? He couldn't have done so badly if he won the race for President.

Better start prepping yourself for 4 more years!

hehehe... it's not over till it's over! last time he and al gore AGREED on everything. this time, it will be much MUCH different. unless pulls an arnie, and doesn't want anyone to see how intellectually challenged he really is!

krisy said:
I was wondering if Kerry will make it to the debates. Isn't he under investigation by the Navy?

I think Bush will do great in the debates,he did in the last election,and even had the common courtesy to let his oponent speak,unlike AL Gore. Even Bill Clinton while lying in a hospital bed had to tell Kerry to drop the Vietnam crap. Now,Kerry has to try to learn all the issues being that he hasn't yet. :(

huh? :scratch:

Kerry didnt even debate well against Al Sharpton. Do you really think he has any chance against Bush after Bush trashed Al Gore?

One of Al Gore's problems in the debates was he came off as a different person everytime. Kerry comes off as a different person every five mins.

Kerry really doesnt have much change against Bush unless some act of God occurs and Bush loses his voice. I dont see that as likely.

Exactly what is Kerry going to rip Bush a new one on? There arent any issues he can rip him a new one on.

I guess we will find out at the end of the month when the debates start.

you *are* kidding, right? try the war, for one. wrong war, wrong time. sure, kerry supported it initially- back when there was 'factual evidence' of a clear, nuclear threat.... and then the dollar esitmate went from that incredibly underestimated number to something ridiculous from like 10 bil to currently 130 bil!! and then the body armor crap?

when actually Kerry cosponsored a bill that would have granted the body armor in question that also linked a reinstatement of tax responsibility for the wealthy so that the armor could be paid for. the republicans voted it down and instead pushed through the same request funded with additional federal debt. does that seem conservative or fiscally responsible to you? to me it reflects a clear lack of critical reasoning skills and a lack of economic common-sense.

for starters. after that, there is the job market. spin it all you want, but can you honestly tell me that it is just as easy to find a GOOD job these days as it was 5,6,7,8 years ago? and it's no coincidence that dubya tax cut's haven't worked. even responsible conservatives are up in arms hpw financially irresponsible this admin has been. the deficit speaks for itself.

now bush will blame everything wrong on someone else, because we all know he's perfect. too bad you'll find a different story when our new president calls him on it all.

Jimmyeatworld said:
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2181579&nav=168XPvJM

(Aug. 16) -- It's official. A schedule has been laid out for President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry to face on in three presidential debates scheduled in September and October.

The debate schedule is:

September 30 from the University of Miami with moderator Jim Lehrer, PBS NewsHour.

October 8 from Washington University in St. Louis will be a town hall format moderated by Charles Gibson, ABC News.

October 13 from Arizona State University moderated by Bob Schieffer, CBS News.

Each debate will have a different overall topic. The first will focus on domestic policy; the second as a town hall meeting is open to all topics; and the third will focus of foreign policy.

Senator John Edwards and Vice President Dick Cheney will face off in their own debate October 5. The vice presidential debate will be moderated by Gwen Ifill, of PBS's NewsHour, from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

This is gonna be good. Kerry reminds me more and more of Dukakis in the sense that he has no real answers. All Dukakis could say was stuff like "we want better jobs for better pay". Great, who doesn't. How are you going to do it? He never had an answer.

The Presidential debates will be good, but the VP debate is going to be a slaughter. Cheney will spank Edwards ass and make him like it.

awesome! thanks for the info. and we all know they've tried to smear kerry like they did dukakis, because that's the republican style. don't talk issues, just try to cast a really bad perception of them and make then look un american. god bless em. and good thing that garbage isn't sticking this time. if i had five minutes with that shameless rove jerk! :bat:

the VP debate is the only place the repubs have an advantage. bush is going to get roasted like a pig on stick at a luau. it will be worth watching! watch for buzzwords like 'terrrrer' and 'nucleeear' and 'freedom' when bush doesn't understand. mr. optimism can do nothing wrong, and he sure as hell won't ever admit to it.

Spillmind. Can you tell us one specific thing Kerry will do besides raise taxes? Just one. And if you can think of one, tell us HOW he will do it. Please take this assignment seriously.

How you can listen to Kerry and the crap that comes out of his mouth and think it sounds good is beyond me.

JUST ONE THING, and HOW?

spillmind said:
huh? :scratch:

On Fox news,they reported that Kerry talked to Clinton for 90 minutes and Clinton told him if he wants to win,he needs to move past the Swiftboat and Vietnam stuff in his campaign. Understand? Even Clinton was sick of hearing about Vietnam from Kerry.

krisy said:
On Fox news,they reported that Kerry talked to Clinton for 90 minutes and Clinton told him if he wants to win,he needs to move past the Swiftboat and Vietnam stuff in his campaign. Understand? Even Clinton was sick of hearing about Vietnam from Kerry.

your last line is TOTAL NONSENSE. understand? no where did clinton say anything of the sort about sick of hearing about vietnam from kerry. he was referring to it in general. but thanks for clearing that up.

rtwngAvngr said:
Spillmind. Can you tell us one specific thing Kerry will do besides raise taxes? Just one. And if you can think of one, tell us HOW he will do it. Please take this assignment seriously.

How you can listen to Kerry and the crap that comes out of his mouth and think it sounds good is beyond me.

JUST ONE THING, and HOW?

i'm VERY familiar with his platform.

if you really cared, you can check his site for all your answers:

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

but who are we fooling, you don't care! you just want to rant on and push more propaganda!

spillmind said:
you *are* kidding, right? try the war, for one. wrong war, wrong time. sure, kerry supported it initially- back when there was 'factual evidence' of a clear, nuclear threat.... and then the dollar esitmate went from that incredibly underestimated number to something ridiculous from like 10 bil to currently 130 bil!! and then the body armor crap?

when actually Kerry cosponsored a bill that would have granted the body armor in question that also linked a reinstatement of tax responsibility for the wealthy so that the armor could be paid for. the republicans voted it down and instead pushed through the same request funded with additional federal debt. does that seem conservative or fiscally responsible to you? to me it reflects a clear lack of critical reasoning skills and a lack of economic common-sense.

for starters. after that, there is the job market. spin it all you want, but can you honestly tell me that it is just as easy to find a GOOD job these days as it was 5,6,7,8 years ago? and it's no coincidence that dubya tax cut's haven't worked. even responsible conservatives are up in arms hpw financially irresponsible this admin has been. the deficit speaks for itself.

now bush will blame everything wrong on someone else, because we all know he's perfect. too bad you'll find a different story when our new president calls him on it all.

Is that the best you've got? Linking a tax break to purchasing body armor? Come on, even your boy kerry isn't that naive. And I know that you really hate the economic numbers, so you try to trash them any way you can. Spending? Yes, it's up. There's a WAR going on. Damn difficult to run one of those and put money in the piggy bank. If I have a criticism of GW on spending it's that he's trying to pay for a war on the one hand while maintaining liberal entitlement programs on the other.

Suggest you keep some anti-depressants handy. You're gonna need 'em.

spillmind said:
your last line is TOTAL NONSENSE. understand? no where did clinton say anything of the sort about sick of hearing about vietnam from kerry. he was referring to it in general. but thanks for clearing that up.

Your welcome,and you need to try and understand when someone is just being sarchastic. Try not to be such a piss ant!!!!

Merlin1047 said:
Is that the best you've got? Linking a tax break to purchasing body armor? Come on, even your boy kerry isn't that naive. And I know that you really hate the economic numbers, so you try to trash them any way you can. Spending? Yes, it's up. There's a WAR going on. Damn difficult to run one of those and put money in the piggy bank. If I have a criticism of GW on spending it's that he's trying to pay for a war on the one hand while maintaining liberal entitlement programs on the other.

Suggest you keep some anti-depressants handy. You're gonna need 'em.

i think this should read:

If I have a criticism of GW on spending it's that he's trying to pay for a war on the one hand while REDUCING OVERALL TAXES AND FAVORING THE RICH WITH THESE TAX CUTSon the other.

but, of course, this is all a LIBERAL MIRAGE, right? :rolleyes: yeah, and here i am all hell bent over nothing! :laugh:

true to bushie form, you evaded that job point with tai-chi like mastery. propers! you should run for office!

saying i really hate the 'economic numbers'? do you remember the bush admin estimate for how much the war would cost? and how much it actually wound up costing? here's a litte snippet:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-warcosts030303,0,1785509.story

oh, and you won't (coincidentally) find anything in bush's RNC speech about how long our GIs will be there if he remains in office. what a surprise!

spillmind said:
i think this should read:

If I have a criticism of GW on spending it's that he's trying to pay for a war on the one hand while REDUCING OVERALL TAXES AND FAVORING THE RICH WITH THESE TAX CUTSon the other.

but, of course, this is all a LIBERAL MIRAGE, right? :rolleyes: yeah, and here i am all hell bent over nothing! :laugh:

true to bushie form, you evaded that job point with tai-chi like mastery. propers! you should run for office!

saying i really hate the 'economic numbers'? do you remember the bush admin estimate for how much the war would cost? and how much it actually wound up costing? here's a litte snippet:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-warcosts030303,0,1785509.story

oh, and you won't (coincidentally) find anything in bush's RNC speech about how long our GIs will be there if he remains in office. what a surprise!
presidents don't create or lose jobs unless you're talking about the civil service or count our military

spillmind said:
i'm VERY familiar with his platform.

if you really cared, you can check his site for all your answers:

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

but who are we fooling, you don't care! you just want to rant on and push more propaganda!

Just as i thought. You can't name one. I'm not interested in reading a web site full of glittering generalities.

You're such a coward. You have failed this assignment.

Forum List

Back