So we end NAFTA, and then what? What is it right wingers think will happen?

What's sad is NAFTA is probably one of the better trade agreements..... labor price in Canada is equal or more expensive than here and Mexico is less than us but probably getting paid 2 to 3 times more than labor in China, Taiwan, VietNam and most of Asia....

btw, what in the world do we import from Mexico? Food? Tequila? Cars? or is OIL our biggest import from Mexico?

I just don't see many things that say ''made in mexico'' on the label, while near everything says ''made in china''....
We do get molta from Mexico...
i had to look that up in the urban dictionary :p

But that's the black market, and it's doin' just fine with or without a treaty!

I'll give you a more informative answer.

Products that the United States imports from Mexico (2014)

According to the OEC, which is an MIT project (I wager collecting millions in government grants).....

We import roughly $290 Billion in products from Mexico.

The largest single portion of which, as you guessed.... is Crude oil, at $26 Billion. So while it is the single largest import... it's still only 9% of the products we get from Mexico.

The rest are various goods ranging from fully built cars (namely the VW Jetta, and some Honda models), to food products, medical supplies, and even precious metals.

The largest section of imports is equipment, which ranges from computers, to telephones, to refrigerators, air pumps and street lights.

The primary reason you generally don't see "made in Mexico" on much, is because the products we import from Mexico, tend to either be large expensive things, like Tractor Trailers, Delivery Vans, industrial electrical transformers, and industrial furnaces.... or they tend to be items that are used to make other products. For example, Mexico sold to us, almost $7 Billion dollars in seats. Seats in busses, seats in aircraft, seats put into your car. You could be putting your butt on a Mexican imported seat every time you drive.

Equally we tend to export to Mexico, tons of refined oil products, and many built goods, and additionally we sell tons of production equipment. For example, metal molds, chemical compounds, control systems, and so on.

What you will notice though, is that many of the exact same things are both imported and exported to, and from, the exact same countries.

All the same things listed that we import from Mexico, we also export to Mexico.

For example, VW has their assembly plant in Mexico, but the Engine plant is located in the US.
At the same time, Ford's diesel engine is built in Mexico, but assembled into a car, here in the US.

So when you see Mexico is importing car engines, and exporting car engines at the same time... it seems to defy logic. In reality, we export computers to Mexico, and import computers from Mexico. We export chemicals to Mexico, and import chemicals from Mexico.

Same with cars. We import cars from Mexico. We also export billions of dollars worth of cars to Mexico. Manufacturers who have cars they can't sell, can often export them to Mexico and recoup some of the loss. And of course millions of used cars are shipped south as well.

This is why, no matter what limitation on free-trade we put in place, it will hurt US, the most. Protectionism will always harm the country engaging in it, the most.

Nearly all of the jobs I've had, used imported goods to build their products. The job I'm at right now, does this. Most of those jobs would cease to exist, if protectionism was implemented, and free-trade was repealed.
. Ok then what needs to happen for labor on all sides of the equation then, is that the united states who leads on most policy making or influencing in the world, should work tirelessly to get the world to play fair or right when it comes to the same stance or policy taken on the treatment of our soldiers in a humanitarian way, and this when they are out in the world warring for what should be humanitarian causes being fought for.

Labor around the world should enjoy the same protections as the soldiers of war, and the mistreatment of labor should be seen in the same way as the mistreatment of soldiers or of the prisoners of war. But see that won't play well in the communist world like China in which this idiot nation should have never engaged with, because they have the worst human rights records in the world per-sae, but for the love of globalism we turn a blind eye to these things, and that makes this nation just as guilty as the nations doing the abuses or mistreatment of it's citizens.

Our complicit blind eye has made us to be in subjection to our old enemies for whom were once nations that feared our righteousness, and stance on human rights in the world, but now they see that our greed has caused us to join the very thing in which we once disagreed with totally on. It's shameful, and the demons amongst us are loving every minute of it.

Last edited:
What's sad is NAFTA is probably one of the better trade agreements..... labor price in Canada is equal or more expensive than here and Mexico is less than us but probably getting paid 2 to 3 times more than labor in China, Taiwan, VietNam and most of Asia....

btw, what in the world do we import from Mexico? Food? Tequila? Cars? or is OIL our biggest import from Mexico?

I just don't see many things that say ''made in mexico'' on the label, while near everything says ''made in china''....

According to the OEC, which is an MIT project (I wager collecting millions in government grants).....

The largest single portion of which, as you guessed.... is Crude oil, at $26 Billion. So while it is the single largest import... it's still only 9% of the products we get from Mexico.

The rest are various goods ranging from fully built cars (namely the VW Jetta, and some Honda models), to food products, medical supplies, and even precious metals.

The largest section of imports is equipment, which ranges from computers, to telephones, to refrigerators, air pumps and street lights.

The primary reason you generally don't see "made in Mexico" on much, is because the products we import from Mexico, tend to either be large expensive things, like Tractor Trailers, Delivery Vans, industrial electrical transformers, and industrial furnaces.... or they tend to be items that are used to make other products. For example, Mexico sold to us, almost $7 Billion dollars in seats. Seats in busses, seats in aircraft, seats put into your car. You could be putting your butt on a Mexican imported seat every time you drive.

Equally we tend to export to Mexico, tons of refined oil products, and many built goods, and additionally we sell tons of production equipment. For example, metal molds, chemical compounds, control systems, and so on.

What you will notice though, is that many of the exact same things are both imported and exported to, and from, the exact same countries.

All the same things listed that we import from Mexico, we also export to Mexico.

For example, VW has their assembly plant in Mexico, but the Engine plant is located in the US.
At the same time, Ford's diesel engine is built in Mexico, but assembled into a car, here in the US.

So when you see Mexico is importing car engines, and exporting car engines at the same time... it seems to defy logic. In reality, we export computers to Mexico, and import computers from Mexico. We export chemicals to Mexico, and import chemicals from Mexico.

Same with cars. We import cars from Mexico. We also export billions of dollars worth of cars to Mexico. Manufacturers who have cars they can't sell, can often export them to Mexico and recoup some of the loss. And of course millions of used cars are shipped south as well.

This is why, no matter what limitation on free-trade we put in place, it will hurt US, the most. Protectionism will always harm the country engaging in it, the most.

Nearly all of the jobs I've had, used imported goods to build their products. The job I'm at right now, does this. Most of those jobs would cease to exist, if protectionism was implemented, and free-trade was repealed.
Doesn't it seem strange that Americans are complaining about a German and Japanese company moving jobs from America in to Mexico?

Shouldn't it be the Germans and Japanese being pissed off that their Corporations chose to open factories/businesses in America and Mexico?

Real heavy stuff makes sense for a lot of Mexico's manufacturing center, vs car makers making them in Asia/China....shipping costs can really add up for importing heavy merchandise from the far east...

Doesn't it seem strange that Americans are complaining about a German and Japanese company moving jobs from America in to Mexico?merchandise from the far east...

That's why the Asian's pump a lot of dough and jobs from their automobile plants in the USA..They seem to make a profit from car plants in the USA, but US based pants want to go to Mexico....even with the current situation of high crime and control by gang forces in regions..The federals have lost control of portions of Mexico..

The job skills gap is a major reason why there are still high levels of part-time workers and underemployment in the U.S. economy today. It's why many Americans feel disgruntled about the economy.

Try again. Now, you know why Democrats are considered pieces of shit.
Uh, HELLOOOOOOOOO. Knock Knock dumbass. Why do you think education is such a major part of the Democratic Party Platform? Huh Einstein? Can't figure that out?

The lazy ass GOP base is being promised unskilled high paying jobs by the worlds biggest con artist Donald Trump. And they are swallowing his bullshit hook, line and sinker.

The dumb motherfucker here is you. Fuck you. You are the one swallowing this bullshit hook line and sinker or worse. You know better and you are lying through your teeth. The Democrats are just filthy pieces of shit.
You just keep believing that education is bullshit and has nothing to do with good paying jobs.
Pity you can't get overtime working that street corner. Takes a looot of crumpled singles to pay rent, doesn't it?

I didn't say education is bullshit. There is no jobskills gap, asshat. None. You continuously perpetuate this myth which is one of the most harmful lies to have come about.

Remember this?
The 'Skills Gap' Myth | The Progressive
It's an opinion piece. Notice no mention of automation anywhere in the article. And if China and Mexico are losing jobs, then where are they going? I'm a progressive and I know bullshit when I read it. Even if someone ignorantly labels busllshit progressive, it's still bullshit.
When farmers moved into cities at the beginning of the industrial revolution, was there a skills gap then? Of course there was. Now that we have robots and programming, of course we have a skills gap now. You don't just know how to program a CNC machine. And now most have 3d capabilities. It takes practice, study and experience.

All those employers looking for qualified workers and you say there is no jobskills gap. What do you do for a living? Eat candy? Even begging takes skills. Funny, the same skills Donald Trump has. Getting other people's money.
. You underestimate the power of our naturally born minds, and you are leaving out the fact that 90% of any technology can be worked into something that most citizens can use and operate with ease. My wife once rang a cash register (old style) in a grocery store, and you talk about having an awesome talent or skill. Wow. Now everything is programmed, made easier, and far more adaptable or accessable to way more workers. Actually people have been dumbed down because of technology, and they have not grown nessesarily smarter, but instead they have grown more in abundance for corporations to throw against the cheap labor competition found in this globalized market place or society at large that everyone is competing in now.

Last edited:
Uh, HELLOOOOOOOOO. Knock Knock dumbass. Why do you think education is such a major part of the Democratic Party Platform? Huh Einstein? Can't figure that out?

The lazy ass GOP base is being promised unskilled high paying jobs by the worlds biggest con artist Donald Trump. And they are swallowing his bullshit hook, line and sinker.

The dumb motherfucker here is you. Fuck you. You are the one swallowing this bullshit hook line and sinker or worse. You know better and you are lying through your teeth. The Democrats are just filthy pieces of shit.
You just keep believing that education is bullshit and has nothing to do with good paying jobs.
Pity you can't get overtime working that street corner. Takes a looot of crumpled singles to pay rent, doesn't it?

I didn't say education is bullshit. There is no jobskills gap, asshat. None. You continuously perpetuate this myth which is one of the most harmful lies to have come about.

Remember this?
It's an opinion piece. Notice no mention of automation anywhere in the article. And if China and Mexico are losing jobs, then where are they going? I'm a progressive and I know bullshit when I read it. Even if someone ignorantly labels busllshit progressive, it's still bullshit.
When farmers moved into cities at the beginning of the industrial revolution, was there a skills gap then? Of course there was. Now that we have robots and programming, of course we have a skills gap now. You don't just know how to program a CNC machine. And now most have 3d capabilities. It takes practice, study and experience.

All those employers looking for qualified workers and you say there is no jobskills gap. What do you do for a living? Eat candy? Even begging takes skills. Funny, the same skills Donald Trump has. Getting other people's money.

That's right, no mention of automation anywhere in the article. What does that tell you? Automation does not play the part you wish it did. Sure there will be an impact by automation but not at the level you are trying to hide behind. How the fuck do you manage to sleep at night or look in the mirror?

Let me introduce you to this:
O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

A phony STEM shortage and the scandal of engineering visas -- how American jobs get outsourced

https://thinkprogress.org/clinton-c...high-skill-visas-6260d388751f?gi=4a011763eec1

http://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2016/03/displaced-american-stem-workers-spur-senate-hearing

Outsourcing the law to India | Need to Know | PBS

TD Bank to outsource 35 Lewiston jobs - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

The Hidden Dangers of Outsourcing Radiology

University of California hires India-based IT outsourcer, lays off tech workers

outsourcing Search Results

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NATFA) was the door through which American workers were shoved into the neoliberal global labor market.

By establishing the principle that U.S. corporations could relocate production elsewhere and sell back into the United States, NAFTA undercut the bargaining power of American workers, which had driven the expansion of the middle class since the end of World War II. The result has been 20 years of stagnant wages and the upward redistribution of income, wealth and political power.

NAFTA affected U.S. workers in four principal ways. First, it caused the loss of some 700,000 jobs as production moved to Mexico. Most of these losses came in California, Texas, Michigan, and other states where manufacturing is concentrated. To be sure, there were some job gains along the border in service and retail sectors resulting from increased trucking activity, but these gains are small in relation to the loses, and are in lower paying occupations. The vast majority of workers who lost jobs from NAFTA suffered a permanent loss of income.

Second, NAFTA strengthened the ability of U.S. employers to force workers to accept lower wages and benefits. As soon as NAFTA became law, corporate managers began telling their workers that their companies intended to move to Mexico unless the workers lowered the cost of their labor. In the midst of collective bargaining negotiations with unions, some companies would even start loading machinery into trucks that they said were bound for Mexico. The same threats were used to fight union organizing efforts. The message was: “If you vote in a union, we will move south of the border.” With NAFTA, corporations also could more easily blackmail local governments into giving them tax reductions and other subsidies.

Third, the destructive effect of NAFTA on the Mexican agricultural and small business sectors dislocated several million Mexican workers and their families, and was a major cause in the dramatic increase in undocumented workers flowing into the U.S. labor market. This put further downward pressure on U.S. wages, especially in the already lower paying market for less skilled labor.

Fourth, and ultimately most important, NAFTA was the template for rules of the emerging global economy, in which the benefits would flow to capital and the costs to labor. The U.S. governing class—in alliance with the financial elites of its trading partners—applied NAFTA’s principles to the World Trade Organization, to the policies of the World Bank and IMF, and to the deal under which employers of China’s huge supply of low-wage workers were allowed access to U.S. markets in exchange for allowing American multinational corporations the right to invest there.
NAFTA’s Impact on U.S. Workers

I am a liberal. I recognize bullshit when I read it especially if it's being spewed from an alleged liberal. There is no job skills gap. None. You are a neoliberal asshole.
. And just think, the biggest scam artist this nation has ever known (Bill & Hillary Clinton), was the ones who did us in with this bull crap. Now years later we see the negative results on American values and society, and we are poised or thinking about voting these two crooks from hell back into our white house ???? How stupid can we be ?

Doesn't it seem strange that Americans are complaining about a German and Japanese company moving jobs from America in to Mexico?merchandise from the far east...

That's why the Asian's pump a lot of dough and jobs from their automobile plants in the USA..They seem to make a profit from car plants in the USA, but US based pants want to go to Mexico....even with the current situation of high crime and control by gang forces in regions..The federals have lost control of portions of Mexico..
. US corporations are scared of nothing... The Mexican government would protect them before they would protect their own in that country, and it's the same with anywhere globalism is in play. This is why Christianity has to be crushed here, and it's why we have seen everything go in this direction over time in this country. When will we as Americans realize that we've been had ????

Remember this?

That's right, no mention of automation anywhere in the article. What does that tell you? Automation does not play the part you wish it did. Sure there will be an impact by automation but not at the level you are trying to hide behind. How the fuck do you manage to sleep at night or look in the mirror?

A phony STEM shortage and the scandal of engineering visas -- how American jobs get outsourced

https://thinkprogress.org/clinton-c...high-skill-visas-6260d388751f?gi=4a011763eec1

http://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2016/03/displaced-american-stem-workers-spur-senate-hearing

TD Bank to outsource 35 Lewiston jobs - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NATFA) was the door through which American workers were shoved into the neoliberal global labor market.

By establishing the principle that U.S. corporations could relocate production elsewhere and sell back into the United States, NAFTA undercut the bargaining power of American workers, which had driven the expansion of the middle class since the end of World War II. The result has been 20 years of stagnant wages and the upward redistribution of income, wealth and political power.

NAFTA affected U.S. workers in four principal ways. First, it caused the loss of some 700,000 jobs as production moved to Mexico. Most of these losses came in California, Texas, Michigan, and other states where manufacturing is concentrated. To be sure, there were some job gains along the border in service and retail sectors resulting from increased trucking activity, but these gains are small in relation to the loses, and are in lower paying occupations. The vast majority of workers who lost jobs from NAFTA suffered a permanent loss of income.

Second, NAFTA strengthened the ability of U.S. employers to force workers to accept lower wages and benefits. As soon as NAFTA became law, corporate managers began telling their workers that their companies intended to move to Mexico unless the workers lowered the cost of their labor. In the midst of collective bargaining negotiations with unions, some companies would even start loading machinery into trucks that they said were bound for Mexico. The same threats were used to fight union organizing efforts. The message was: “If you vote in a union, we will move south of the border.” With NAFTA, corporations also could more easily blackmail local governments into giving them tax reductions and other subsidies.

Third, the destructive effect of NAFTA on the Mexican agricultural and small business sectors dislocated several million Mexican workers and their families, and was a major cause in the dramatic increase in undocumented workers flowing into the U.S. labor market. This put further downward pressure on U.S. wages, especially in the already lower paying market for less skilled labor.

Fourth, and ultimately most important, NAFTA was the template for rules of the emerging global economy, in which the benefits would flow to capital and the costs to labor. The U.S. governing class—in alliance with the financial elites of its trading partners—applied NAFTA’s principles to the World Trade Organization, to the policies of the World Bank and IMF, and to the deal under which employers of China’s huge supply of low-wage workers were allowed access to U.S. markets in exchange for allowing American multinational corporations the right to invest there.

I am a liberal. I recognize bullshit when I read it especially if it's being spewed from an alleged liberal. There is no job skills gap. None. You are a neoliberal asshole.
The doors were opened LONG before NAFTA.... I was importing shoes made in Hong Kong and then China in the 80's for me but it began even before that in the 1970's, American Shoe Manufacturers... all but a handful, went bust or started manufacturing overseas to compete with one another, even with Duties/tariffs on shoes, letter of credit costs, and shipping costs, final prices were less, and we made no more profit as a percentage to do so, but were able to maintain LOWER prices at retail than if they were manufactured here....I was very young, a newbie to the Industry or even how the world worked back then, but I did what I had to do in order to fill my retail chain store's shelves and if all you could buy was shoes manufactured in China or Brazil, or sneakers in Korea, that's what I did....

Last edited:
There have been many, many posts on this site about NAFTA and employment.

It's true, Ohio has lost 300,000 jobs since NAFTA was signed. The country has lost millions of jobs since NAFTA. But if the US is losing so many jobs to Mexico, and even China, then why are China and Mexico also losing jobs?

It's called Technology and automation. And you can't ban those. We have no trade agreement with Technology and Automation.

The only thing you can do is get an education and join. Or support. But support will generally be low paying jobs. And that's it. That's all you can do. One or the other.
They think cletus's shoelace factory will come streaming back to flyover country, trump is lying to these people
. Whose lying ???? In the scheme of all this mess, you can bet that the lies are being told, and the Americans will be the big fools in it all, and the corporations will win for globalism, because now they have enough foot soldiers operating on line, and in our government for whom are now controlling the message or maybe even rigging this election if they have to.

Remember this?

The doors were opened LONG before NAFTA.... I was importing shoes made in Hong Kong and then China in the 80's for me but it began even before that in the 1970's, American Shoe Manufacturers... all but a handful, went bust or started manufacturing overseas to compete with one another, even with Duties/tariffs on shoes, letter of credit costs, and shipping costs, final prices were less, and we made no more profit as a percentage to do so, but were able to maintain LOWER prices at retail than if they were manufactured here....I was very young, a newbie to the Industry or even how the world worked back then, but I did what I had to do in order to fill my retail store's shelves and if all you could buy was shoes manufactured in China or Brazil, or sneakers in Korea, that's what I did....
. Yep I remember back when we had the dime stores, and we had tons of cheap crap made in Taiwan back then. Your right it was something that was going on back then, but then we got the crooked Clintons, a grand corporate global vision, a trend to take globalism and use it to trump anything this nation ever stood for, make government officials rich beyond their wildest dreams for selling this nation out, and a recipe for the destruction of the soviergnty of this nation, it's borders, and it's beliefs in which we had long held once...We use to be one of the most respected countries in the world after world war one and world war two. Not anymore, but the world is rebuking the loss of their individual identities and borders now, and that's why we are seeing a rise in patriotism across the globe now.

Last edited:

Doesn't it seem strange that Americans are complaining about a German and Japanese company moving jobs from America in to Mexico?

Shouldn't it be the Germans and Japanese being pissed off that their Corporations chose to open factories/businesses in America and Mexico?

Real heavy stuff makes sense for a lot of Mexico's manufacturing center, vs car makers making them in Asia/China....shipping costs can really add up for importing heavy merchandise from the far east...
. Not strange at all, as it's all part of the concept of wide open borders in the global market place, where corporations can freely move back & forth regardless of what a countries flag stands for or what the citizens of any culture thinks of it all. It's called selling out ones nation and soul for the idea of having strange business interest that allow for borders to be crossed by corporations if it brings prosperity to the host nation while there.

Remember this?

The doors were opened LONG before NAFTA.... I was importing shoes made in Hong Kong and then China in the 80's for me but it began even before that in the 1970's, American Shoe Manufacturers... all but a handful, went bust or started manufacturing overseas to compete with one another, even with Duties/tariffs on shoes, letter of credit costs, and shipping costs, final prices were less, and we made no more profit as a percentage to do so, but were able to maintain LOWER prices at retail than if they were manufactured here....I was very young, a newbie to the Industry or even how the world worked back then, but I did what I had to do in order to fill my retail store's shelves and if all you could buy was shoes manufactured in China or Brazil, or sneakers in Korea, that's what I did....
. Yep I remember back when we had the dime stores, and we had tons of cheap crap made in Taiwan back then. Your right it was something that was going on back then, but then we got the crooked Clintons, a grand corporate global vision, a trend to take globalism and use it to trump anything this nation ever stood for, make government officials rich beyond their wildest dreams for selling this nation out, and a recipe for the destruction of the soviergnty of this nation, it's borders, and it's beliefs in which we had long held once...We use to be one of the most respected countries in the world after world war one and world war two. Not anymore, but the world is rebuking the loss of their individual identities and borders now, and that's why we are seeing a rise in patriotism across the globe now.
Oh come on, stop with the tripe... NAFTA was created by GHW Bush and signed in to agreement with Canada and Mexico, before Clinton became President....Sure congress ratified it and Clinton signed it, WITH new measures added to it that did provide the workers losing jobs more help in retraining in another field etc....

that baby was signed and sealed before clinton's delivery.

GHWBush was also very influential in the 70's getting us in to manufacturing in China....

Remember this?

It was selling us with a song and a dance, on how we needed to pull the rest of the world out of poverty, and if we could make these hostile Nation's people desire the things of capitalism, they would rebel against communism and want to become part of us, part of the westernized world.... no mention of us losing our jobs, no mention that foreign communist gvts would continue to suppress wages in their own countries so the manufacturing would grow greater, or mention of the USA ever having a trade deficit with another Nation....

Remember this?

The doors were opened LONG before NAFTA.... I was importing shoes made in Hong Kong and then China in the 80's for me but it began even before that in the 1970's, American Shoe Manufacturers... all but a handful, went bust or started manufacturing overseas to compete with one another, even with Duties/tariffs on shoes, letter of credit costs, and shipping costs, final prices were less, and we made no more profit as a percentage to do so, but were able to maintain LOWER prices at retail than if they were manufactured here....I was very young, a newbie to the Industry or even how the world worked back then, but I did what I had to do in order to fill my retail chain store's shelves and if all you could buy was shoes manufactured in China or Brazil, or sneakers in Korea, that's what I did....

That doesn't justify NAFTA and it does not justify the TPP.

Remember this?

nullifying NAFTA alone, just makes the manufacturers go to China.....and Asia/Indonesian nations....

Remember this?

. And just think, the biggest scam artist this nation has ever known (Bill & Hillary Clinton), was the ones who did us in with this bull crap. Now years later we see the negative results on American values and society, and we are poised or thinking about voting these two crooks from hell back into our white house ???? How stupid can we be ?

H.R. 3450 (103rd): North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act -- House Vote #575 -- Nov 17, 1993

Oh, yeah, Clinton hated the whole damn thing.
House Passes NAFTA, 234-200 : Clinton Hails Vote as Decision 'Not to Retreat' : Congress: Sometimes bitter debate over the trade pact reflects hard-fought battle among divided Democrats. Rapid approval is expected in the Senate.

Senate Roll-Call On Trade Pact

This has to be comprehensive trade reform....and all aspects of the effects thought through....no more shooting from the hip... nit picking Nafta and other treaties will only lead to other foreign nations like China, benefiting.... and I for ONE would much rather see us trading with Canada and Mexico, than with China....it makes America safer if we buy our oil from Canada and Mexico verses from the Middle east, it makes the govt of China more powerful if we continue to increase or maintain our manufacturing with them... imo.

let's not cut off our noses to spite our face....

Remember this?

nullifying NAFTA alone, just makes the manufacturers go to China.....and Asia/Indonesian nations....

And, therefore?

And, therefore?
As I've said, this better be analyzed up one side and down the other for the consequences and for ALL countries we do business with BEFORE we start this nitpicking one treaty at a time...

This has to be comprehensive trade reform....and all aspects of the effects thought through....no more shooting from the hip... nit picking Nafta and other treaties will only lead to other foreign nations like China, benefiting.... and I for ONE would much rather see us trading with Canada and Mexico, than with China....it makes America safer if we buy our oil from Canada and Mexico verses from the Middle east, it makes the govt of China more powerful if we continue to increase or maintain our manufacturing with them... imo.

let's not cut off our noses to spite our face....

And, therefore?
As I've said, this better be analyzed up one side and down the other for ALL countries we do business with BEFORE we start this nitpicking one treaty at a time...

Save it.

Forum List

Back