Zone1 So, Warnock won and the democrats picked up a Senate seat

I think the Republican leadership didn’t want to win control of the Senate. With only control of the House, they can still obstruct the Democratic party’s agenda, but the consequences of Biden and the Democrats insane spending policies will not fall on the Republicans leaving them in a good position to pick up control of both houses AND the presidency in 2024. If the Republicans controlled both houses, the Democrats could blame them for the disaster of the Biden presidency.

Oh bullshit. They wanted to win, and set themselves up as the saviors for 2024.

I don't think the big spending that the democrats want to do is going to get through the House. Could be though, if they can buy off a few repubs and it won't take that many.
The GOP “control” of the House is a rather insipid “check” on the DIM control of the Senate. But, it might still serve as some kind of check.

But what I was noting (sorry I was less than clear) was something different. I was noting that up to now, the Dims had House control and thus had committee control. That led to their misbegotten “investigation after investigation” and their bogus impeachments. The Senate had been relatively neutered.

But now, it’s the DIM House that has thankfully been somewhat neutered. And it’s the SENATE which will have DIM led Committees. They can’t impeach anybody, obviously, since the Senate has no such authority. But the stupid fuckers can conduct “investigations.” So the DIM Party reign of imbecility can continue.

The Senate had been relatively neutered.
They still are, or will be come January. Even if they pass a budget/spending bill with 51 votes via reconciliation, it ain't gonna happen unless the GOP House passes it. So the question is, will the dems be able to peel off enough RINOs to get what they want? And it's doubtful the Senate will get 60 votes on anything else without some serious concessions to the repubs.

As far as Senate-led investigations, I think the country is getting tired of all the political BS. I know I am. If I'm not mistaken, in 2024 about 1/3 of the Senate will be up for re-election and most of them will be democrats (unlike this year when it was the reverse). So, if they can't or won't work with the repubs then I suspect they'll lose their Senate majority. 'Course, I thought they were going to lose it this time, so what do I know.

The Georgia runoff was a foregone conclusion. It occurred for the express purpose of fine tuning the Democrat cheat machine. Expect PA, MI, AZ, and a few others to run 'cleaner' elections in 2024 off the new Georgia model that almost looks legitimate.

Why? DeSantis is already in the hole regarding the election. As a solid Anti-Abortion Governor who wasted no time restricting the right he solidified Conservative Support. But he can’t win with just Florida. He needs the Purple States, and he lost too many votes there already.

Without those states a path to electoral victory is difficult. And when he softens his speech on Abortion to woo the more moderate folks, he will become a flip flopper who is untrustworthy.

Biden is a deeply unpopular President and the best DeSantis can do is tie?

Two years out, and we all know how accurate the long range polls are.

Florida has a large democrat population, and while more reddish than bluish even before, has aspects of swing states.

Nonsense. Florida votes red every election. The Republican is going to win Florida and Texas. Guaranteed. Ok. But there aren’t enough solidly red states to give the election to the Republican nationally. You need the Purple states. At least enough of them to get over the threshold to victory.

Those states tend to be slightly right of center. And running as a hard core Uber conservative plays well with the base but doesn’t do as well with the moderates you need to win.

Those are the people who voted Kemp for Governor and in the same election voted Warnock for Senate. Kemp was viewed as a Conservative. But not a nut.

DeSantis needs to win in Georgia. That is a solid maybe. He also is going to need North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and others. Winning in Florida is easy. But by establishing his Conservative Credibility there, he has made it a lot harder to woo the moderates elsewhere.

Nonsense. Florida votes red every election. The Republican is going to win Florida and Texas. Guaranteed. Ok. But there aren’t enough solidly red states to give the election to the Republican nationally. You need the Purple states. At least enough of them to get over the threshold to victory.

Those states tend to be slightly right of center. And running as a hard core Uber conservative plays well with the base but doesn’t do as well with the moderates you need to win.

Those are the people who voted Kemp for Governor and in the same election voted Warnock for Senate. Kemp was viewed as a Conservative. But not a nut.

DeSantis needs to win in Georgia. That is a solid maybe. He also is going to need North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and others. Winning in Florida is easy. But by establishing his Conservative Credibility there, he has made it a lot harder to woo the moderates elsewhere.

What's your suggestion? Run some GOP-lite person that could maybe get some moderates but then make the base stay home?

Romney got his chance, Cruz is a maybe but doesn't have the base motivation. What other RINO would you suggest we can put up and have lose anyway?

What's your suggestion? Run some GOP-lite person that could maybe get some moderates but then make the base stay home?

Romney got his chance, Cruz is a maybe but doesn't have the base motivation. What other RINO would you suggest we can put up and have lose anyway?

W. Bush ran on Compassionate Conservatism. He won two terms. Shall I discuss the ideals of various candidates?

Romney lost because Obama was very popular. Perhaps not in your house, but in a majority of homes he was.

Your Uber conservatives just lost in statewide races all over the purple states. How do you plan on changing that?

Let’s be honest. 1/3 of the people will vote Republican. It doesn’t matter who is running. It could be Lucifer Morningstar, and they would vote Republican. 1/3 will vote Democrat in exactly the same circumstances.

That leaves that last third. They’ve voted Democrat and Republican in the past. They cast their ballots for candidates instead of against. Usually. 2020 was a first, when a majority of voters were casting ballots against instead of for.

So how do you win? That is so easy it is not surprising you ask. First. Run on issues other than they suck. Remember Newt won nationally by campaigning on issues. Obama won in 2008 because he pivoted to the economy while McCain was still pounding the table shouting war on terror as the biggest issue.

Then McCain suddenly discovered the economy and suspended his campaign to rush to Washington to fix it.

He looked opportunist and out of touch. He lost. Shocker.

This year. Biden is a couple percentage points more popular than Herpes. Democrats in general are only a couple points more popular than a sharp stick in the eye. But Republicans lost seats in the Senate. And barely managed to squeak out a majority in the House. Why?

The Republicans identified a problem. The economy. Their solution? Complain about it with vague promises too. Something.

Inflation? Big issue. And the Republicans offer zero plans to deal with it. It was just a handful of mud to throw at Democrats.

Ten seconds after the polls closed the Republicans were speaking loudly on their true plans. Investigations and distractions on how awful Biden was.

The top three issues. Economy. Inflation. And Abortion. And the Republicans have no intention to address any of them. In a few months when Democrats propose some fix, loudly and publicly, the Republicans will remain the party of no.

So you want to win? Here you go. First listen to your constituents. Listen to the people you want to vote for you. If the three big issues are economy, inflation, and rabid Vampire Bats running amok. You better have a plan to deal with those issues.

If more than 60% of the voters support a woman’s right to an abortion. Running against abortion is just dumb. Sure some may vote for you in spite of it. But how many issues like that are you willing to cede to the opposition?

This is a Representative Republic. It means you are supposed to represent the majority as much as you can within the Constitution. Telling the voters they are dumb doesn’t get them out to vote for you.

Reagan won a 49 state landslide. He ran on positive messages and plans for the future. Policies he focused on when he got into office. He didn’t do a bait and switch.

W. Bush ran on Compassionate Conservatism. He won two terms. Shall I discuss the ideals of various candidates?

Romney lost because Obama was very popular. Perhaps not in your house, but in a majority of homes he was.

Your Uber conservatives just lost in statewide races all over the purple states. How do you plan on changing that?

Let’s be honest. 1/3 of the people will vote Republican. It doesn’t matter who is running. It could be Lucifer Morningstar, and they would vote Republican. 1/3 will vote Democrat in exactly the same circumstances.

That leaves that last third. They’ve voted Democrat and Republican in the past. They cast their ballots for candidates instead of against. Usually. 2020 was a first, when a majority of voters were casting ballots against instead of for.

So how do you win? That is so easy it is not surprising you ask. First. Run on issues other than they suck. Remember Newt won nationally by campaigning on issues. Obama won in 2008 because he pivoted to the economy while McCain was still pounding the table shouting war on terror as the biggest issue.

Then McCain suddenly discovered the economy and suspended his campaign to rush to Washington to fix it.

He looked opportunist and out of touch. He lost. Shocker.

This year. Biden is a couple percentage points more popular than Herpes. Democrats in general are only a couple points more popular than a sharp stick in the eye. But Republicans lost seats in the Senate. And barely managed to squeak out a majority in the House. Why?

The Republicans identified a problem. The economy. Their solution? Complain about it with vague promises too. Something.

Inflation? Big issue. And the Republicans offer zero plans to deal with it. It was just a handful of mud to throw at Democrats.

Ten seconds after the polls closed the Republicans were speaking loudly on their true plans. Investigations and distractions on how awful Biden was.

The top three issues. Economy. Inflation. And Abortion. And the Republicans have no intention to address any of them. In a few months when Democrats propose some fix, loudly and publicly, the Republicans will remain the party of no.

So you want to win? Here you go. First listen to your constituents. Listen to the people you want to vote for you. If the three big issues are economy, inflation, and rabid Vampire Bats running amok. You better have a plan to deal with those issues.

If more than 60% of the voters support a woman’s right to an abortion. Running against abortion is just dumb. Sure some may vote for you in spite of it. But how many issues like that are you willing to cede to the opposition?

This is a Representative Republic. It means you are supposed to represent the majority as much as you can within the Constitution. Telling the voters they are dumb doesn’t get them out to vote for you.

Reagan won a 49 state landslide. He ran on positive messages and plans for the future. Policies he focused on when he got into office. He didn’t do a bait and switch.

You just like to lose and still preen you are a "true conservative". The gutless opposition that caves to dems whenever they think they can get a few table scraps.

Also, doing this line by line doesn't make it any more relevant to today's conditions.

You just like to lose and still preen you are a "true conservative". The gutless opposition that caves to dems whenever they think they can get a few table scraps.

Also, doing this line by line doesn't make it any more relevant to today's conditions.

I watched the Democrats eat their own in the interest of purity. Joe Lieberman was the VP Nominee in 2000. At the next chance they primaried him because he wasn’t Liberal Enough. The result was the Democrats lost seats. Lieberman ran as an independent and kept his Senate Seat. As has been happening to the Republicans.

Purity Purges are idiotic. I’m not surprised that the Republicans are going this path.

I watched the Democrats eat their own in the interest of purity. Joe Lieberman was the VP Nominee in 2000. At the next chance they primaried him because he wasn’t Liberal Enough. The result was the Democrats lost seats. Lieberman ran as an independent and kept his Senate Seat. As has been happening to the Republicans.

Purity Purges are idiotic. I’m not surprised that the Republicans are going this path.

Compromise to lose anyway is just as idiotic.

Funny, I remember some on here using Hitler for Obama and Biden, so that name is misused a lot by both sides…

It is like everyone is the next anti-Christ…

LOL, one or two instances compared to the constant X=Hitler used against the right is tu quoe que on steroids.

Compromise to lose anyway is just as idiotic.

All or nothing. That is what you think we must have. Fine. Stand on the sidelines and moan that you have nothing. Because that is the usual result with an all or nothing mentality. You always end up with nothing.

All or nothing. That is what you think we must have. Fine. Stand on the sidelines and moan that you have nothing. Because that is the usual result with an all or nothing mentality. You always end up with nothing.

I am backing DeSantis, and I'm sure RINO's like you will find some excuse not to vote for him.

Forum List

Back