So very sad...

The trouble with Ron Paul, aside from the character assassination the Republicans did to him is that his libertarian leanings are an anathema to many of us who might otherwise support him.

There's a lot I like about the guy, but his social darwinism theme is just so much blather.

Well, they should have gone for Ron Paul. He could have easily defeated Obama, but the Republican Party rejected him.

Because he's a conservative.

And now he's too old to become president.

But I'd suggest the Republicans find someone who can:

1. Smile (unlike Fred Thompson, John McCain--who has to force a smile).

2. Find someone who is actually still on his first marriage.

3. Find a Republican who is a truly compassionate and Christian conservative.

4. Find someone who actually means it when he says "smaller government."

5. Find someone who isn't ticked off. I actually think Romney might be the best you have right now. McCain is too old. Palin is too devisive and bitter. Fred Thompson looked eternally constipated.

Well, they should have gone for Ron Paul. He could have easily defeated Obama

You actually believe that? Wow! Hey! Why don't you guys take over the democratic party like you did the republican party and ruin it. You really should go with what you know. That is the only way you will defeat progressives in the forseeable future.

Have worked around and near people like Romney on two occasions. Didn't enjoy myself but, 1) I learned a lot; and 2) found that these people are practical, know what they are doing and almost always succeed. There is nothing wrong with those traits and we have been missing them in a POTUS since, I think, Reagan.

Had Romney won the nomination I would have voted for him (vs. having voted for neither as I did this last time). If he rises again, I will vote for him.

The leading contenders for the once-formidable Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2012 are Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney. LMFAO!!!! Why not just concede the race now? Even McCain recognizes his politically fatal mistake and won't support Palin.
Wasn't the thrice-married Gingrich involved in a scandal or two in his salad days? And, well, Pretty Mitty? Enough said.

Will the GOP ever come back? Not for a long, long time. God bless you, President Obama.

you know... that ridiculous "LMFAO" is the same thing the right wingnuts did when they talked about Obama before the election.

Smart people don't EVER underestimate their adversaries. And if you think Newt Gingrich couldn't mount a good campaign, you have forgotten how effective the karl rove spin machine is when it has something to spin. Newt isn't an idiot like Palin ... or someone unacceptable to the Christian right b/c of his religion like Mitt (who could have won for them last election; don't kid yourself). and the center (which is what put obama over the top) will run to Newt Gingrich if they aren't happy with the job Obama is doing three years from now.

you sound as silly as they do.

The leading contenders for the once-formidable Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2012 are Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney. LMFAO!!!! Why not just concede the race now? Even McCain recognizes his politically fatal mistake and won't support Palin.
Wasn't the thrice-married Gingrich involved in a scandal or two in his salad days? And, well, Pretty Mitty? Enough said.

Will the GOP ever come back? Not for a long, long time. God bless you, President Obama.

I was unaware that they changed the next presidential election to this fall and that the Republicans needed to have someone front and center so soon.
Joe the Plumber and Anne Coulter will be the 2012 GOP ticket.
Their slogan will be "Two Good Men to Blow Out America's Pipes!"

The Tea Parties proved that the GOP and Rightwing has no cohesive message, no leaders,
and nothing the Independents and Democrats - who make up more than 70% of the electorate -
want to vote for.
2010 will be another rough election for the increasingly far right fringe dominated GOP.

Michelle Bachman and Piyush "Bobby the Exorcist" Jindal...Bachman-Jindal Overdrive in 2012!

you know... that ridiculous "LMFAO" is the same thing the right wingnuts did when they talked about Obama before the election.

Smart people don't EVER underestimate their adversaries. And if you think Newt Gingrich couldn't mount a good campaign, you have forgotten how effective the karl rove spin machine is when it has something to spin. Newt isn't an idiot like Palin ... or someone unacceptable to the Christian right b/c of his religion like Mitt (who could have won for them last election; don't kid yourself). and the center (which is what put obama over the top) will run to Newt Gingrich if they aren't happy with the job Obama is doing three years from now.

you sound as silly as they do.

Karl Rove's got NOTHING on the leftwing Hollywood Star making machine. Problem is, you got just what you paid for ... a lot of talk and no substance.

What's REALLY sad is it's been a LONG time since I've seen a Dem/lefty on this board make an even somewhat intelligent argument. Just a LOT of backpeddaling.

What's REALLY sad is it's been a LONG time since I've seen a Dem/lefty on this board make an even somewhat intelligent argument. Just a LOT of backpeddaling.

*pouts* That's not fair ... I am considered a "lefty" (though only on some issues really) and I have always been against Obama.

Spoken like a true idiot. Here it is 2009, and we have to have a front man already??? Obama really didn't pop up as a contender until 2007. If your mind can even focus for a moment...wasn't Hillary the ordained one??? What a numpskull to be "LMFAO" in 2009. But, being who you are, I doubt you will have much support from the left on your thread...or non-thread.

yup those are only 3.....listen to this guy Meister.....he knows.....Bobo told him that

Face it, since Reagan and deficit spending, S&L, till Bush and surpluses gone down the tubes and WMDs and economic collapse to name just a few, the republicans have failed. Newt, Sarah, Rush, Anne et al are just more of the same and Fox is their cheerleader, odd that anyone votes for them at all!

and back in 94 the Dems were just so successful.....keep talking to those whose space you share up in the ass cavity of the far left....

You've got a congress with a barely double digit approval rating and while people are still cutting Obama some slack the liklihood that his shield bearers in congress are going to be in manycases dead ducks if things don't get better and soon.

you think people like Mid-turd and Bobo and Grumpy and Truth is not my thing are gonna grasp that?

Forum List

Back