So this is why they cheered Trump on "Repeal and replace Obamacare!"

The American people told you this in the 2010 midterms....you didn't listen

McConnell made 'em do it, sucker. Now he's going to make sure you have nothing when you really need it. Congrats.

McConnell forced millions of voters to throw the ones who voted for Obamacare out on their ear? Really?

You're wrong as usual:

DownWithTyranny!: 31 Of The 34 "Democrats" Who Voted Against Obamacare Were Ousted From Congress By Angry Constituents

31 of the 34 Democrats who voted AGAINST Obamacare are gone.

Because liberals like Nancy Pepsi, wouldn't support their reelection campaign for not "playing ball". Too bad the constituents were not able to save Nancy Pepsi's position as speaker.

Ah, now I get it. They want CHEAPER health care and more docs to choose from. Hahahahhaa.....Trump talks, but the fucker doesn't listen:

Thu Nov 17, 2016 | 2:46pm EST
Americans want Trump to focus on healthcare first: poll

NEW YORK - Healthcare is the top issue Americans want Donald Trump to address during his first 100 days in the White House, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday, an apparent rebuke of outgoing President Barack Obama's signature reform, Obamacare.
The poll shows what priorities Americans would set on the new president, but it does not measure exactly what people want him to do.
A separate Kaiser Health Tracking Poll found in late October that most Americans want cheaper prescription drugs and access to larger networks of doctors and hospitals. Only a minority, 37 percent, want to repeal Obamacare altogether and start over, as Trump has promised to do.

"We can't afford it -- that's the problem," said Daphne Saunders, 50, of LaFollette, Tennessee, who took the Reuters/Ipsos poll, explaining why she picked healthcare as the top issue.
...."

Are these from the same pollsters who assured us Hillary would win in a landslide?

Yeah, Trump should REALLY listen to them.

Say; Did ANY of the scumbag media bother to report this?

Melania1.png

No? Gee, think if someone had held up a sign calling for the rape of Michelle.

Our media is scum.

Drop the mandate and the penalty.

Then you can't cover people with pre-existing conditions.
There has to be a penalty, I agree. There has to be some incentive for people to access healthcare before they get a chronic illness, because often it's cheaper to treat sooner.

The mandate was more to force healthy people to pay into the system so their money would cover sicker people. That's the fatal flaw politically to Obamacare, and Obama saw it early when he opposed the mandate in the 08 primaries. The answer was simple and laid out long ago by Krugman in Conscience of a Liberal .... rape the 1%. But the dems let that opportunity slip away .... and it won't come back.

We could offer smaller premium support to healthy people if preexisting folks were in a different insurance pool. But the gop seems intent on ending Medicaid as we know it, and that would be the easiest place to put preexisting. The biggest cost driver for Medicaid is nursing homes. The second is chronic illness. Schips and the Obamacare expansion don't cost that much ... relative to other costs.

There was some talk about the gummit funding a separate insurance pool for preexisting, but if my soon to be dementiaed memory serves, it was deemed too expensive by the gop.
Ah, now I get it. They want CHEAPER health care and more docs to choose from. Hahahahhaa.....Trump talks, but the fucker doesn't listen:

NEW YORK - Healthcare is the top issue Americans want Donald Trump to address during his first 100 days in the White House, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday, an apparent rebuke of outgoing President Barack Obama's signature reform, Obamacare.
The poll shows what priorities Americans would set on the new president, but it does not measure exactly what people want him to do.
A separate Kaiser Health Tracking Poll found in late October that most Americans want cheaper prescription drugs and access to larger networks of doctors and hospitals. Only a minority, 37 percent, want to repeal Obamacare altogether and start over, as Trump has promised to do.

"We can't afford it -- that's the problem," said Daphne Saunders, 50, of LaFollette, Tennessee, who took the Reuters/Ipsos poll, explaining why she picked healthcare as the top issue.
...."

Are these from the same pollsters who assured us Hillary would win in a landslide?

Melania1.png

Our media is scum.

Don't worry, they won't be our media in a few short weeks.

We'll have a new media. And many of them are listed on that commie professor's *fake news* list, and are being attacked by Google, Twitter and Facebook moguls.

I think facebook is going to back off that nonsense.

Twitter and google are going to go down.

There has to be a penalty, I agree. There has to be some incentive for people to access healthcare before they get a chronic illness, because often it's cheaper to treat sooner.

The mandate was more to force healthy people to pay into the system so their money would cover sicker people. That's the fatal flaw politically to Obamacare, and Obama saw it early when he opposed the mandate in the 08 primaries. The answer was simple and laid out long ago by Krugman in Conscience of a Liberal .... rape the 1%. But the dems let that opportunity slip away .... and it won't come back.

We could offer smaller premium support to healthy people if preexisting folks were in a different insurance pool. But the gop seems intent on ending Medicaid as we know it, and that would be the easiest place to put preexisting. The biggest cost driver for Medicaid is nursing homes. The second is chronic illness. Schips and the Obamacare expansion don't cost that much ... relative to other costs.

There was some talk about the gummit funding a separate insurance pool for preexisting, but if my soon to be dementiaed memory serves, it was deemed too expensive by the gop.

...."

Melania1.png

Our media is scum.

We'll have a new media. And many of them are listed on that commie professor's *fake news* list, and are being attacked by Google, Twitter and Facebook moguls.

Could be.

Yahoo and MySpace fell nearly overnight. For Google and Twitter to think they are invincible would be highty foolish.

Xerox owns most of the patents on the Google Search engine, so it isn't like the internet would fall without Google.

...."

Melania1.png

Our media is scum.

Could be.

Yahoo and MySpace fell nearly overnight. For Google and Twitter to think they are invincible would be highty foolish.

Xerox owns most of the patents on the Google Search engine, so it isn't like the internet would fall without Google.

It sure as shit won't.

Im curious, if the mandate was dropped from Obamacare would that be acceptable to the opposers? If not, then what other elements do you want dropped?
The mandate is number one for sure, it's just legalized extortion. That's a good start

Paying into a pool is nothing more than communism, because you'll always have waste, fraud and abuse in an ever increasing rate and a diminishing return on quality… fact

Im curious, if the mandate was dropped from Obamacare would that be acceptable to the opposers? If not, then what other elements do you want dropped?
Ironically, Bennett got tea partied by Lee for proposing tax credits for individuals to buy insurance. And it's not a bad idea to allow any citizen of any state to buy a plan offered in any other state. So, depending on how big the tax credit is, and how it's paid for, this plan might not be terrible.

GOP senator: It will take 2 years to replace Obamacare

I was for the Bennett approach way back when.

And a valid criticism of Medicare, and single payer, is there is no incentive for recipients to self-prioritize, or contain, the amount of health care they consume. Depending on the size of Ryan's plan to offer finacanical support to seniors, it might not be crazy. But, when it's an indisputable fact that at least 15% of us have dementia by age 80, I don't see a Randian market solution.

I do not see how either tax credits or buying out of state plans will help.

It seems to me that tax credits are only helpful if the person has enough income to pay for the plans in the first place and that has always been a huge stumbling block for those that don't get their plans through their employers.

The other thing is that buying across state lines sounds GREAT, but it fails to take into account how insurance companies set their rates. Rates vary by state because each state has a different set of risk factors that determine what that rate is. A state like mine that who's main industries are high-risk-injury ones like coal, gas, timber, farming - and, who has an aging population, high rates of obesity and smoking - is going to have a rate than one with a younger, more educated population with low smoking, healthy living, good preventative care and who's main occupations might be in the tech industries. If people can start buying their policies from any state I can't imagine the insurance companies will maintain low rates and we'll probably see an over all rise in rates to cover the increased risk.

What the RWnuts either never realized or simply denied was that in the poll number showing how many Americans disapproved of Obamacare,
there was always a double digit component who disapproved because Obamacare didn't go far enough.

The American people told you this in the 2010 midterms....you didn't listen

Many were warning about the disaster before they shoved it through. They didn't care what people thought. And they knew it would fail. It was never anything other than a plan to get to single payer.

The left isn't pro choice anything except when it comes to abortion. All roads lead to population control followed by controlling what's left of the population.

What the RWnuts either never realized or simply denied was that in the poll number showing how many Americans disapproved of Obamacare,
there was always a double digit component who disapproved because Obamacare didn't go far enough.
Obamacare is unpopular because of a fucked up overbearing federal government is forcing people into shit they don't want, and will never use… fact
Lol

Forum List

Back