So this is how we treat our Heroes

It's been well covered on US sites, just not NY Times and WaPo in the main. You dismiss the Washington Times and such, to your ignorance.

You assume I'm ignoring the Washington Times. Again, can you not resist the partisan cheap shots? I don't bother with NY Post, Washington Times, or any of those papers on a regular basis. So before you go and paint with that broad brush of yours, actually know the facts. Just become some Liberals may feel that way about the Washington Times Annie, doesn't mean we all do. The very least you can do now is apologize for such ignorance on your own part.

However, I am referring to the fact that when I googled this news story, none of the major ones came up.

ttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=85%25+of+first+responders+have+lung+cancer&start=10&sa=N

Notice how it's making it way around the blogs and forums. Even Stormfront has a thread on it from the looks of it. :eusa_whistle:

So I'll be expecting that apology.

You admitted to ignoring those that were reporting...

It is a Local Issue. The State and the City , if anyone, are responsible. The Federal Government is not somehow responsible. BUT lets assume it is, shall we? Who runs the Government? IF as you claim, the federal Government is responsible and is refusing to step up to the plate, WHO exactly has run Congress since 2007 and who has the Presidency since January?

Who has agreed to spend BILLIONS on nefarious stimulus garbage but has not one penny for these first responders?

Idiot... you all yell about how 9/11 was an attack on America and now you're making this a partisan issue... while you collect how much money every year for your service to this country???? Well, they served their country, too...
More and more I disagree with you, as you've become a blowhard partisan. However, on this we do agree.

maybe you should try keeping a civil tongue and you woudln't find me so "blowhardy".

calm yourself down, take a deep breath and go drink some chamomile tea.....

with a valium or two....

Last edited:
For Annie:

This is what I found when I googled the Washington Times to find the article you were speaking of. I couldn't find it when I googled this:

Washington Times 85% of First Responders have lung cancer - Google Search

I did find this:

Eight years after 9/11, U.S. still mourns - Washington Times

But it doesn't mention the first responders, mentions Obama though. :eusa_eh:

And the only other recent article I get from googling: Washington Times 9/11 is this:

Washington Times - 9/11 victims oppose Gitmo closure

For Annie:

This is what I found when I googled the Washington Times to find the article you were speaking of. I couldn't find it when I googled this:

Washington Times 85% of First Responders have lung cancer - Google Search

I did find this:

Eight years after 9/11, U.S. still mourns - Washington Times

But it doesn't mention the first responders, mentions Obama though. :eusa_eh:

And the only other recent article I get from googling: Washington Times 9/11 is this:

Washington Times - 9/11 victims oppose Gitmo closure

and your inability to find is my problem how?

You admitted to ignoring those that were reporting...

I did not admit such a thing. I googled several key words to find a mainstream article on this. I failed to find one. I want you to find me a article from the Washington Times about first responders. I'm not calling you a liar, but you called me ignorant and now calling ME a liar.

So again, I'm expecting that apology since you decided to take a partisan cheapshot. I don't read newspapers if that's what you're asking. I don't live anywhere near Washington and I'm not going to pay for a subscription to a newspaper where I can get all the news free online. That goes for the Washington Times, Washington Post, New York Times, what the fuck ever.

Now, if you are above being a partisan, you'll step up and apologize for YOUR ignorance in this case.

The first responders should have the same coverage and availability of medical treatments as their glorified representatives in Congress enjoy...on the backs of US taxpayers.

The first responders should have the same coverage and availability of medical treatments as their glorified representatives in Congress enjoy...on the backs of US taxpayers.

On 9/11, the first responders volunteered to take the call of duty to pick up America when she had fallen and help her regain her balance. The least we can do is carry them now in their hour of need since they are unable to stand up by themselves or have a voice to speak out about how wrong this is. We as Americans should stand up proudly in defending them in getting compensation for what is not only the right thing to do morally but the American thing to do.

The government under the GOP had abandoned its duty to take care of the first responders. A political issue, my foot. An issue of GOP perfidy, you betcha (wink).

Idiot... you all yell about how 9/11 was an attack on America and now you're making this a partisan issue... while you collect how much money every year for your service to this country???? Well, they served their country, too...
More and more I disagree with you, as you've become a blowhard partisan. However, on this we do agree.

maybe you should try keeping a civil tongue and you woudln't find me so "blowhardy".

calm yourself down, take a deep breath and go drink some chamomile tea.....

with a valium or two....

Jillian, I'd still love to meet you, but you are full of you know what with that post.

On 9/11, the first responders volunteered to take the call of duty to pick up America when she had fallen and help her regain her balance. The least we can do is carry them now in their hour of need since they are unable to stand up by themselves or have a voice to speak out about how wrong this is. We as Americans should stand up proudly in defending them in getting compensation for what is not only the right thing to do morally but the American thing to do.
That's a flowery way of saying the same thing I said...they deserve the same medical attention that their congressmen get for "free".

The government under the GOP had abandoned its duty to take care of the first responders. A political issue, my foot. An issue of GOP perfidy, you betcha (wink).

Ringo the wretch has played the partisan card, Robert.

That's a flowery way of saying the same thing I said...they deserve the same medical attention that their congressmen get for "free".

My mistake, I thought you were saying they deserve it as much as the congressmen do. I was like :eusa_eh: hell no. Great post then, and I agree.

As did the Democrats in Congress. As I stated in my OP, this is not a Democrat issue nor a Republican issue. This is a issue in general. There are no party lines here. WE ALL should agree that these first responders deserve compensation. WE ALL should agree that our soldiers deserve the best treatment for FREE for PTSD.

Democrats had the same opportunity the Republicans have had to fix this problem.

I am probably going to take a lot of nasty foul mouthed heat for the following comment. But, in my opinion, the local responders should be paid via local funds not via the federal government. They signed up for a job with unknown future risks. I appreciate the service rendered. However, from a constitutional standpoint, I disagree with local responders getting federal money aid. That may sound callous or heartless to some here. But, when it comes to the law, I believe we need to try and take the personal emotions out of the equation.

Ringo the wretch has played the partisan card, Robert.

I see what Jake did, look at my response above. Also Annie, I'm still looking for that apology.

Maybe I'm missing something? The only 'apology' I can see would be for something not worthy of even a post. The claim would be for attacks on US being justified because of US being in Middle East.

I am probably going to take a lot of nasty foul mouthed heat for the following comment. But, in my opinion, the local responders should be paid via local funds not via the federal government. They signed up for a job with unknown future risks. I appreciate the service rendered. However, from a constitutional standpoint, I disagree with local responders getting federal money aid. That may sound callous or heartless to some here. But, when it comes to the law, I believe we need to try and take the personal emotions out of the equation.

They didn't sign up for any job. Plenty of people randomly came down to volunteer to help to find bodies, etc. This isn't about personal emotions, this is about what is right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back