So this is how we treat our Heroes

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
A nice slap on the back and a handshake but when they need our help in their most defenseless hour, this country closes the door right on them.

Hundreds of 9/11 first responders die of cancer - RT Top Stories

New York's emergency services were among the first on the scene of the 9/11 disaster but put their personal safety in jeopardy. Those involved in the rescue and clean-up operation quickly became national heroes. But now 85 per cent of them are suffering from lung diseases which they say were caused by the huge clouds of dust. Those people are now calling on the state for medical support.

So far the US government has refused to help.

This is DISGUSTING that I had to find this report on a RUSSIAN channel. This isn't a Democrat or a Republican issue, this is simply an issue.

Valentin, the father of three, says he spends $15,000 a year on medication the government won’t cover and that the US leaders have turned their backs on the heroes they promised never to forget.

As I've stated earlier, this country has forgotten the heroes of 9/11. I would recommend ALL of you call your congressperson and tell them this needs to change now.

Meanwhile, our dear media has been ignoring this issue and many others. They rather talk about octomom or some other bullshit for ratings, while the real news gets discarded. Our heroes deserve better than this, and we are lesser of a country then we really are for allowing this to happen.

I'm not blaming just the Republicans for this, I'm blaming Democrats too. They're all at fault here for doing nothing.

On another issue:

The nonprofit aid organization Veterans for Common Sense said that as of Dec. 15, 2008, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs had diagnosed 115,000 Iraq and Afghanistan vets with PTSD.

Those are just the ones that report it or that they find. Over half go unreported due to the fact many soldiers are afraid to be punished by their superiors for going public. Also, the VA has been known to label soldiers with PTSD with "personality disorders"

Let us not treat 9/11 and the soldiers coming from war as merely a sound byte. The time for action was years ago, but since this country has failed at doing that, the time for action is NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week, NOW.

Some other links for those interested:

"I am under a lot of pressure to not diagnose PTSD" | Salon News

Army: Suicide rate among soldiers continues on record pace - CNN.com

Personality Disorder – Not PTSD says Military « Oldtimer Speaks Out

Homeless Veterans – Pictures vs Facts « Oldtimer Speaks Out

http://www.ptsdsupport.net/ptsd_given_misdiagnosis_by_military.html

PTSD levels in U.S. soldiers highest since Vietnam war

Also, I'm only going to ask this once to the hacks, don't turn this thread into "It's all Obama's fault!" or "It's all Bush's fault!" thread.

Last edited:
Who is this "we" you are talking about?

What "we"? I said this country. Did you even bother to read the post or do you not care because it's not a chance for you to take a shot at Obama?

Why am I not surprised that such a thread goes ignored, meanwhile a thread about ACORN is considered much more important to people. :eusa_eh:

What "we"? I said this country. Did you even bother to read the post or do you not care because it's not a chance for you to take a shot at Obama?

Why am I not surprised that such a thread goes ignored, meanwhile a thread about ACORN is considered much more important to people. :eusa_eh:

First of all, you are an asshole.

Secondly, I asked a simple question. I was referring to the 'we' in your title.

First of all, you are an asshole.

Secondly, I asked a simple question. I was referring to the 'we' in your title.

I stated several times we as a country. The second comment wasn't even addressed towards you, but generally.

Also, I see you there DiveCon, why don't you post. I'm not an asshole, I just am tired of threads such as these turned into "It's all Obama's fault" or "It's all Bush's fault." I think we can all agree that this is disgusting that this is allowed to happen, no?

I just want to say, I'm surprised yet I'm not. ACORN gets more attention from news outlets like Fox News and CNN, while issues like this are ignored. If people expressed their rage over Health Care or whatever issue for things like this more, maybe things like this wouldn't happen.

FWIW,they've been covering the story here in NY. It hasn't been ignord. What the City/State and Feds will do for them is a whole other story.

It is a Local Issue. The State and the City , if anyone, are responsible. The Federal Government is not somehow responsible. BUT lets assume it is, shall we? Who runs the Government? IF as you claim, the federal Government is responsible and is refusing to step up to the plate, WHO exactly has run Congress since 2007 and who has the Presidency since January?

Who has agreed to spend BILLIONS on nefarious stimulus garbage but has not one penny for these first responders?

It is a Local Issue. The State and the City , if anyone, are responsible. The Federal Government is not somehow responsible. BUT lets assume it is, shall we? Who runs the Government? IF as you claim, the federal Government is responsible and is refusing to step up to the plate, WHO exactly has run Congress since 2007 and who has the Presidency since January?

Who has agreed to spend BILLIONS on nefarious stimulus garbage but has not one penny for these first responders?

There you go, making it a partisan issue. Who ran Congress between 2001-2006? Who ran the Presidency between 2001-2009?

Now go back to ranting about a revolution in another thread. Your partisan hackery is not welcome here.

There you go, making it a partisan issue. Who ran Congress between 2001-2006? Who ran the Presidency between 2001-2009?

Now go back to ranting about a revolution in another thread. Your partisan hackery is not welcome here.

the dems had control of the Senate between may 2001 and jan 2003 after the guy from Vermont declared himself independent.

A nice slap on the back and a handshake but when they need our help in their most defenseless hour, this country closes the door right on them.

Hundreds of 9/11 first responders die of cancer - RT Top Stories

New York's emergency services were among the first on the scene of the 9/11 disaster but put their personal safety in jeopardy. Those involved in the rescue and clean-up operation quickly became national heroes. But now 85 per cent of them are suffering from lung diseases which they say were caused by the huge clouds of dust. Those people are now calling on the state for medical support.

So far the US government has refused to help.

This is DISGUSTING that I had to find this report on a RUSSIAN channel. This isn't a Democrat or a Republican issue, this is simply an issue.

Valentin, the father of three, says he spends $15,000 a year on medication the government won’t cover and that the US leaders have turned their backs on the heroes they promised never to forget.

As I've stated earlier, this country has forgotten the heroes of 9/11. I would recommend ALL of you call your congressperson and tell them this needs to change now.

Meanwhile, our dear media has been ignoring this issue and many others. They rather talk about octomom or some other bullshit for ratings, while the real news gets discarded. Our heroes deserve better than this, and we are lesser of a country then we really are for allowing this to happen.

I'm not blaming just the Republicans for this, I'm blaming Democrats too. They're all at fault here for doing nothing.

On another issue:

The nonprofit aid organization Veterans for Common Sense said that as of Dec. 15, 2008, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs had diagnosed 115,000 Iraq and Afghanistan vets with PTSD.

Those are just the ones that report it or that they find. Over half go unreported due to the fact many soldiers are afraid to be punished by their superiors for going public. Also, the VA has been known to label soldiers with PTSD with "personality disorders"

Let us not treat 9/11 and the soldiers coming from war as merely a sound byte. The time for action was years ago, but since this country has failed at doing that, the time for action is NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week, NOW.

Some other links for those interested:

"I am under a lot of pressure to not diagnose PTSD" | Salon News

Army: Suicide rate among soldiers continues on record pace - CNN.com

Personality Disorder – Not PTSD says Military « Oldtimer Speaks Out

Homeless Veterans – Pictures vs Facts « Oldtimer Speaks Out

http://www.ptsdsupport.net/ptsd_given_misdiagnosis_by_military.html

PTSD levels in U.S. soldiers highest since Vietnam war

Also, I'm only going to ask this once to the hacks, don't turn this thread into "It's all Obama's fault!" or "It's all Bush's fault!" thread.

Thank you for making me aware of this Robert, I had no idea.

Shame on those not willing to help our heros of all types.

The first responders should have been covered from the get go. Bush's fault. Obama has not fixed the problem Bottom line, the materials in those buildings, melting when they came down, released toxic fumes, that continued throughout the rescue/recovery phases. Compensation is the least that can be given.

The first responders should have been covered from the get go. Bush's fault. Obama has not fixed the problem Bottom line, the materials in those buildings, melting when they came down, released toxic fumes, that continued throughout the rescue/recovery phases. Compensation is the least that can be given.

100% agree. It is also the least that can be given.

What I find most sad about this issue nationally is that I had to find this article on a Russian website. The mainstream media is ignoring this, from CNN to MSNBC to FOX.

100% agree. It is also the least that can be given.

What I find most sad about this issue nationally is that I had to find this article on a Russian website. The mainstream media is ignoring this, from CNN to MSNBC to FOX.

It's been well covered on US sites, just not NY Times and WaPo in the main. You dismiss the Washington Times and such, to your ignorance.

The government ignored our heroes? I've never heard of that.

When first responders aren't covered from the get go, our government is ignoring to its shame. Doesn't matter who 'controls.'

Idiot... you all yell about how 9/11 was an attack on America and now you're making this a LOCAL ISSUE? A partisan issue? while you collect how much money every year for your service to this country???? Well, they served their country, too...

Idiot... you all yell about how 9/11 was an attack on America and now you're making this a partisan issue... while you collect how much money every year for your service to this country???? Well, they served their country, too...
More and more I disagree with you, as you've become a blowhard partisan. However, on this we do agree.

It's been well covered on US sites, just not NY Times and WaPo in the main. You dismiss the Washington Times and such, to your ignorance.

You assume I'm ignoring the Washington Times. Again, can you not resist the partisan cheap shots? I don't bother with NY Post, Washington Times, or any of those papers on a regular basis. So before you go and paint with that broad brush of yours, actually know the facts. Just become some Liberals may feel that way about the Washington Times Annie, doesn't mean we all do. The very least you can do now is apologize for such ignorance on your own part.

However, I am referring to the fact that when I googled this news story, none of the major ones came up.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=85%+of+first+responders+have+lung+cancer&start=10&sa=N

Notice how it's making it way around the blogs and forums. Even Stormfront has a thread on it from the looks of it. :eusa_eh:

So I'll be expecting that apology.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back