So this is how we treat our Heroes

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Modbert, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    A nice slap on the back and a handshake but when they need our help in their most defenseless hour, this country closes the door right on them.

Hundreds of 9/11 first responders die of cancer - RT Top Stories

This is DISGUSTING that I had to find this report on a RUSSIAN channel. This isn't a Democrat or a Republican issue, this is simply an issue.

As I've stated earlier, this country has forgotten the heroes of 9/11. I would recommend ALL of you call your congressperson and tell them this needs to change now.

Meanwhile, our dear media has been ignoring this issue and many others. They rather talk about octomom or some other bullshit for ratings, while the real news gets discarded. Our heroes deserve better than this, and we are lesser of a country then we really are for allowing this to happen.

I'm not blaming just the Republicans for this, I'm blaming Democrats too. They're all at fault here for doing nothing.

On another issue:

Those are just the ones that report it or that they find. Over half go unreported due to the fact many soldiers are afraid to be punished by their superiors for going public. Also, the VA has been known to label soldiers with PTSD with "personality disorders"

Let us not treat 9/11 and the soldiers coming from war as merely a sound byte. The time for action was years ago, but since this country has failed at doing that, the time for action is NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week, NOW.

Some other links for those interested:

"I am under a lot of pressure to not diagnose PTSD" | Salon News

Army: Suicide rate among soldiers continues on record pace - CNN.com

Personality Disorder – Not PTSD says Military « Oldtimer Speaks Out

Homeless Veterans – Pictures vs Facts « Oldtimer Speaks Out

http://www.ptsdsupport.net/ptsd_given_misdiagnosis_by_military.html

PTSD levels in U.S. soldiers highest since Vietnam war

Also, I'm only going to ask this once to the hacks, don't turn this thread into "It's all Obama's fault!" or "It's all Bush's fault!" thread.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Who is this "we" you are talking about?

3. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    What "we"? I said this country. Did you even bother to read the post or do you not care because it's not a chance for you to take a shot at Obama?

Why am I not surprised that such a thread goes ignored, meanwhile a thread about ACORN is considered much more important to people. :eusa_eh:

4. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    First of all, you are an asshole.

Secondly, I asked a simple question. I was referring to the 'we' in your title.

5. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I stated several times we as a country. The second comment wasn't even addressed towards you, but generally.

Also, I see you there DiveCon, why don't you post. I'm not an asshole, I just am tired of threads such as these turned into "It's all Obama's fault" or "It's all Bush's fault." I think we can all agree that this is disgusting that this is allowed to happen, no?

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I just want to say, I'm surprised yet I'm not. ACORN gets more attention from news outlets like Fox News and CNN, while issues like this are ignored. If people expressed their rage over Health Care or whatever issue for things like this more, maybe things like this wouldn't happen.

7. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
  8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    FWIW,they've been covering the story here in NY. It hasn't been ignord. What the City/State and Feds will do for them is a whole other story.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,996
    It is a Local Issue. The State and the City , if anyone, are responsible. The Federal Government is not somehow responsible. BUT lets assume it is, shall we? Who runs the Government? IF as you claim, the federal Government is responsible and is refusing to step up to the plate, WHO exactly has run Congress since 2007 and who has the Presidency since January?

Who has agreed to spend BILLIONS on nefarious stimulus garbage but has not one penny for these first responders?

10. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    There you go, making it a partisan issue. Who ran Congress between 2001-2006? Who ran the Presidency between 2001-2009?

Now go back to ranting about a revolution in another thread. Your partisan hackery is not welcome here.