So the Left went from, "We Need to Fight the REAL War in Afghanistan" to...

So your failure to produce a quote is just as much of a concession. (and you just had to "quote one.")

This left-leaning independent hasn't changed his position at all. I always said Afghanistan is the real war on terror.

And while I'm glad that Obama has secured a much higher level of participation from our friends around the world, I'm interested in hearing a clear articulation of everything we are hoping to specifically accomplish so we can all have a clear idea of when we have accomplished what we can and get out of there.

I Referenced the DemocRAT Leadership in Congress...

Of course, that would be Cruella Pelosi and Harry...

There are others.

I gave Substance and now have Named Names...

More than what the First Counter to this Thread was.

:)

peace...

You "referenced"???????
But you didn't QUOTE!
Concession duly noted.

^Late... Linked ya for some Studyin' before you Posted this.

Get to it.

peace...

So the Left went from, "We Need to Fight the REAL War in Afghanistan" to "What are we really Fighting for in Afghanistan, may we should just Pull out"...

Funny what a Change from an (R) to a (D) @ 1600 will do within a Matter of Months.

The ONLY side that has Changed on the War on Terror is the Dishonest Left.

The DemocRATS Knew Barry wasn't going to "Go after bin Laden" or "Finish the REAL War in Afghanistan"...

All just Words.

But hey, if you Need Barry, he'll be Shootin' some Hoops, Playin' a round of Golf or on another "Date Night" with his Wife.

And Remember, we ALL have to Tighten our Belts during this "Worst Economy Since the Great Depression", so don't Forget to Put on an Extra Blankey this Winter and Turn DOWN your Furnace.

We are at War, after all.

Enjoy the Private Jet Ride to your $30,000 Dollar a Couple Dinner, Mr. President!

peace...

So the Left went from, "We Need to Fight the REAL War in Afghanistan" to...

As usual you get it wrong.

Our original mission was to capture or kill Ossama Bin Ladin and destroy the camps that trained terrorists. The Taliban is not our mission. If that is how your logic functions then we should kill every christian here in the US because of what Tim McVey did.

Talk about Failed Logic... Who is Advocating for Killing Every Afghani?...

peace...

As usual you get it wrong...again. We are now trying to kill all of the Taliban. They do not like being occupied and I do not blame them for that. When will the USA figure out that no one likes having foreign troops in thier country? People like yourself that think we have a right to be there in perpetuity for whatever reason we come up with based on truths or outright lies are what is wrong with our foreign policy. This is a classic example of missuse of our armed forces. This was a job for the FBI..and special forces.. period. Now it is all about winning something that is not for us to win or even be involved in.

So the Left went from, "We Need to Fight the REAL War in Afghanistan" to "What are we really Fighting for in Afghanistan, may we should just Pull out"...

Funny what a Change from an (R) to a (D) @ 1600 will do within a Matter of Months.

The DemocRATS Knew Barry wasn't going to "Go after bin Laden" or "Finish the REAL War in Afghanistan"...

All just Words.

But hey, if you Need Barry, he'll be Shootin' some Hoops, Playin' a round of Golf or on another "Date Night" with his Wife.

And Remember, we ALL have to Tighten our Belts during this "Worst Economy Since the Great Depression", so don't Forget to Put on an Extra Blankey this Winter and Turn DOWN your Furnace.

Enjoy the Private Jet Ride to your $30,000 Dollar a Couple Dinner, Mr. President!

peace...

Oh! Has there been some major announcements regarding Afghanistan that I missed? Or is this the usual speculation/accusations/projections by the wild-eyed righties who support the BUSH FUBAR in Afganistan which they handed off and expect Obama to have all the solutions--like instantaneously?

All just Words.

peace...

Oh! Has there been some major announcements regarding Afghanistan that I missed? Or is this the usual speculation/accusations/projections by the wild-eyed righties who support the BUSH FUBAR in Afganistan which they handed off and expect Obama to have all the solutions--like instantaneously?

Nope... I gave Link to my Assertions in this Thread...

I am Speaking to Liberals and Elected DemocRATS, Specifically the Leadership.

peace...

All just Words.

peace...

It's hard finding Bin Laden after Republicans, for reasons known only to them, gave Bin Laden, a "seven year head start". What a "friendly" thing to do. Someone who believes in "conspiracies", might think Bin Laden and Republicans were "friends", good friends. Glad I don't believe in that nonsense. But some do. Just thought I would mention that.

Bin Laden is living in Pakistan, an ally, which complicates the problem. The strategy of eliminating al-Qaeda from Afghanistan remains the same, however. If the U.S. leaves now, they will return, especially since the Pakistani Army is finally driving them back. It's a no-brainer, but not as easily accomplished in reality as some of these children playing their video war games believe.

All just Words.

peace...

It's hard finding Bin Laden after Republicans, for reasons known only to them, gave Bin Laden, a "seven year head start". What a "friendly" thing to do. Someone who believes in "conspiracies", might think Bin Laden and Republicans were "friends", good friends. Glad I don't believe in that nonsense. But some do. Just thought I would mention that.

Bin Laden is living in Pakistan, an ally, which complicates the problem. The strategy of eliminating al-Qaeda from Afghanistan remains the same, however. If the U.S. leaves now, they will return, especially since the Pakistani Army is finally driving them back. It's a no-brainer, but not as easily accomplished in reality as some of these children playing their video war games believe.

You can Prove where bin Laden is?...

Interesting...

Please, Continue.

peace...

malcontent said:
All just Words.

Terrible, just unacceptable. The first president EVER to have some fun on the side. I'm shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!

Yes!! Now THAT'S "Nixonian"!!! And shut those goddammned Christmas tree lights off too!!

And don't you DARE fly off to your second home in Chicago every other month to cavort with all your shadow doners, or zip off in Marine One every weekend to Camp David for some R&R in Mommie Jeans and pretend strategy sessions with your veep. We're on to you, buster!

President Obama should never, ever lend his support to fellow Democrats looking to be elected. After all, other presidents never did that. He should never, ever, use Air Force One for anything other than "official business" and the public damned well better be apprised of what "official business" that is. Any other "business" that requires travel should be done on commercial carriers, preferably economy class and with no security other than a flak jacket. After all, that's what all the other presidents did, so why should Obama get away with living high off the hog?

the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Last I noticed, BHO the clueless was still sitting around with his thumb up his ass trying to figure out what is the most politically expedient move. He's a useless, clueless fuck.

How very profound. I'll bet they roll off their barstools when you say stuff like that.

malcontent said:
All just Words.

Terrible, just unacceptable. The first president EVER to have some fun on the side. I'm shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!

Yes!! Now THAT'S "Nixonian"!!! And shut those goddammned Christmas tree lights off too!!

And don't you DARE fly off to your second home in Chicago every other month to cavort with all your shadow doners, or zip off in Marine One every weekend to Camp David for some R&R in Mommie Jeans and pretend strategy sessions with your veep. We're on to you, buster!

President Obama should never, ever lend his support to fellow Democrats looking to be elected. After all, other presidents never did that. He should never, ever, use Air Force One for anything other than "official business" and the public damned well better be apprised of what "official business" that is. Any other "business" that requires travel should be done on commercial carriers, preferably economy class and with no security other than a flak jacket. After all, that's what all the other presidents did, so why should Obama get away with living high off the hog?

^Wasn't the Tone of the Left when it was (43)...

Thanks for the Illustration.

peace...

the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Last I noticed, BHO the clueless was still sitting around with his thumb up his ass trying to figure out what is the most politically expedient move. He's a useless, clueless fuck.

The only thing he's deciding on is how much to escalate the war. The decision to escalate has been made.

No, the decision needs to be how to make our presence known without alienating those Afghanis we also wish to protect. By putting 40,000+ additional COMBAT troops in, it very well could send the wrong message. Other countries have been invading Afghanistan since Alexander the Great, so trying to convince the population that we're not there to take over their country like all the others before us is tricky.

The only thing he's deciding on is how much to escalate the war. The decision to escalate has been made.

No, the decision needs to be how to make our presence known without alienating those Afghanis we also wish to protect. By putting 40,000+ additional COMBAT troops in, it very well could send the wrong message. Other countries have been invading Afghanistan since Alexander the Great, so trying to convince the population that we're not there to take over their country like all the others before us is tricky.

So like I said, he's trying to decide on how much to escalate the war.

All just Words.

peace...

Nope... I gave Link to my Assertions in this Thread...

I am Speaking to Liberals and Elected DemocRATS, Specifically the Leadership.

peace...

Just because some Democrats oppose troop buildup and don't want more funding (the usual ones), hardly means they ALL are on board with that. Your link fails. Pelosi and Reid are NOT the deciders.

Actually, it's mostly Republicans that I've seen begin to question whether we should remain in Afghanistan or bring our troops home. I've mostly seen Democrats support the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Kevin, roughly 60 days ago the General on the ground requested more assets in order to properly carryout missions underway or already planned and to escalate to new ones.

The White House has not responded with either a yes, no or half measures. So where do you find all of this willingness from the left at?

Those who are not Obama cronies or bandwagon members are not calling for withdrawal, but a choice, either do this correctly or withdrawal, but please stop playing politics with our fellow citizens and loved ones!

Sure sounds reasonable to me!

Mike

You can Prove where bin Laden is?...

Interesting...

Please, Continue.

peace...

It is widely believed by every intelligence agency worldwide, that bin Laden now hides in the mountains bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan. A new book, out just today, "Growing Up Bin Laden" details extensive interviews with Najwa bin Laden, Osama's fourth wife and mother to 11 of his children and his fourth son, Omar. In that book (and in an interview on C-Span this morning), the author of the book says that Osama bin Laden escaped from Tora Bora into Pakistan in December of 2001 and he never returned to Afghanistan. She (Najwa) never saw him again after that.

I would believe those kinds of assurances far more than I would believe any idiotic theory of yours, trust me.

malcontent said:
All just Words.

^Wasn't the Tone of the Left when it was (43)...

Thanks for the Illustration.

peace...

So why not word it so that it sound less hypocritical? However, you ARE aware, I hope, that there really ARE some extremely stupid people who actually DO think those are "firsts." So by you just repeating them gives credence to their misconceptions.

Actually, it's mostly Republicans that I've seen begin to question whether we should remain in Afghanistan or bring our troops home. I've mostly seen Democrats support the administration's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Kevin, roughly 60 days ago the General on the ground requested more assets in order to properly carryout missions underway or already planned and to escalate to new ones.

The White House has not responded with either a yes, no or half measures. So where do you find all of this willingness from the left at?

Those who are not Obama cronies or bandwagon members are not calling for withdrawal, but a choice, either do this correctly or withdrawal, but please stop playing politics with our fellow citizens and loved ones!

Sure sounds reasonable to me!

Mike

As I've already said I was referring to those here on the board, and you shouldn't ignore the fact that Obama has escalated our presence in Afghanistan simply because he didn't send as many troops as requested.

And against whom, and how and which part of the country it would be most effective. No matter what the resolution, mistakes will be made and people will get killed. There are no easy answers.

And against whom, and how and which part of the country it would be most effective. No matter what the resolution, mistakes will be made and people will get killed. There are no easy answers.

Well that's not true. Nobody would be getting killed if Obama decided to bring all the troops home.

Forum List

Back