So, Obama supporters do you actually think he is doing a good job

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

I don't think he is doing a good job.

But I also don't think anyone out there would do any better.

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I just don't see how Mc Cain would have been any better???

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

Obama is doing a good job.

He saved GM and Chrysler.

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed healthcare, not perfect, but a step in the right direction.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He restored America's image abroad.

His speech in Cairo had a particularly powerful effect.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

That's the short list. The longer list is contained at this link....

Obama's Accomplishments - BlueOregon

well we shall never know now shall we. Personally I think he would have done better. Not because of any Particular Policy specifically. But Because I think the Main Reason Obama is so bad, is not just that these are real hard times. It is because he is completely out of his Depth, and worse unwilling to admit it. In Fact not only unwilling to admit it, but arrogant to the Core. He believes his Policies are working, Despite over Whelming Evidence that they have not, and have in fact because the Debt Strain. Have Made things far worse in the long term out look.

IMO anyways.

These Problems were having with Medicare and SS were predicted by People who opposed them in the first place. Of course they were called heartless assholes, and fear mongers. When they said the system would eventually become unsustainable, and be abused. But they were right. Now were stuck with 2 systems that could destroy us, and are going to fail if we do nothing, Yet are so important to so many people that simply suggesting changing them at all is political Suicide.

Bad situation.

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush.

The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

Indeed you should be tired. Therefore I will withhold opinion until you narrow your scope of the Obama Bashing thread.:eusa_angel:

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

I have seen no proof Obama saved GM&C. That had to be a pay-back. Outside of giving trillions to the wrong people & marching us into more conflicts, I think he is doing pretty well.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

I have seen no proof Obama saved GM&C. That had to be a pay-back. Outside of giving trillions to the wrong people & marching us into more conflicts, I think he is doing pretty well.

GM is profitable again.

Where have you been?

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush.[...]
Bush inherited a projected surplus and a manageable deficit. He launched an illegal and absolutely unnecessary invasion and occupation while at the same time he substantially lowered taxes on the wealthiest category.

Every expert in the fields of economics and government affairs has said this was ruinous misfeasance. Bush left Office with an enormous deficit and an economy on the verge of collapse, all of which was preventable.

I voted for Obama but I am disappointed with his failure to assume an aggressive posture from the beginning and see to it that the Bush Administration was investigated and prosecuted for their many crimes. He is a soft-pedaling appeaser, which is not what his supporters want or need. He is not what the Country needs. But considering the mess he inherited I can't blame him for the economic problems we're having.

Bush did a lot of damage to America and he's very fortunate that, for reasons I can only speculate on, Obama has seen fit to protect him from prosecution. But while Obama is by no means the kind of President we need there is no question he's a vast improvement over Bush in many ways.

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

Do you think that things are better in the rest of the world? How on earth do you blame Obama for high gasoline prices, you lost your credibility right there?

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

With all of that said, are you planning to vote for him again in 2012?

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

So he has emptied the treasury, paid it to his friends, has not corrected the problems he said he was trying to fix, has committed more of our best and brightest to danger and death, and the unemployment just seems stuck a little below 10.

Is "doing a pretty good job" just looking real cute while he lies and fails?

Do you think that things are better in the rest of the world? How on earth do you blame Obama for high gasoline prices, you lost your credibility right there?

One might begin by looking at his policies on drilling and his opposition to the use of fossil fuels in the USA.

The bad economy may not be his problem, but the failure to recover out of it is. The average recession since the Great Depression has been 10 months. The longest one prior to this was 16 months. We are in the 41st month of this one.

If a guy is failing and doing what he believes is right, there's no shame in that. The problem is when that guy is steering the boat into an ice berg or crashing the airplane full of passengers or not sending the firefighters to the house that burning.

He's our leader and is supposed to be able to do something to help. He has no clue. It's time to change partners.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

And he managed to do ALL that despite the most obstructionism ever experienced by a President. Yeah, he's doing a good job...and not getting anywhere near enough credit for the good he has done for our country.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed Wall Street.

GM is profitable again.

Where have you been?

What the heck has Obama done so far?

There is nothing you can do to get white wingers to see the truth. They hate Obama. Calling him names (Kenyan Mau Mau and worse) proves that!

Worse, after 8 years of the worst president in the history of the US, they want to throw their failures on Obama yet take credit for Obama's successes (it was because of Bush Obama got Bin Laden). I've even heard Right wingers refer to Iraq as "Obama's war". Now that floored me.

You gonna stop blaming Al Qaeda for knocking down the WTC? Because I won't.

When somebody utterly destroys something..they don't lose the blame because someone is cleaning up the mess.

I'm thinking if McCain were in office business would not be attacked the way they are, or the banks, and the EPA would not be setting up a 50% increase in your energy bill. think it's bad now? give obie doodle four more years.. You won't recognize the place. And I forgort to mention that massive unconstitutional thing call health care that he rammed down everyone's throats, well, everyone except his buddies that is.

When somebody utterly destroys something..they don't lose the blame because someone is cleaning up the mess.

:eusa_eh:

Is this the latest parroting of Bill Maher: Bush = Al Quaeda??

:cuckoo:

I'm thinking if McCain were in office business would not be attacked the way they are, or the banks, and the EPA would not be setting up a 50% increase in your energy bill. think it's bad now? give obie doodle four more years.. You won't recognize the place. And I forgort to mention that massive unconstitutional thing call health care that he rammed down everyone's throats, well, everyone except his buddies that is.

If McCain were in office, Dems would be whining about the economy because Government wasn't spending enough......

OOPS....:redface:

Obama IS in office and Dems ARE whining about the econmomy because Government IS NOT SPENDING ENOUGH!!!

You also don't put all the blame it on one person, when the next person is making even more of a mess!

Forum List

Back