So, Obama supporters do you actually think he is doing a good job

Obama is doing a good job.

He saved GM and Chrysler.

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed healthcare, not perfect, but a step in the right direction.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He restored America's image abroad.

His speech in Cairo had a particularly powerful effect.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

That's the short list. The longer list is contained at this link....

Obama's Accomplishments - BlueOregon

And he managed to do ALL that despite the most obstructionism ever experienced by a President. Yeah, he's doing a good job...and not getting anywhere near enough credit for the good he has done for our country.

You're kidding, right? He had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and an overwhelming majority in the House. Despite these majorities, his programs were so unpopular that he needed to use political gadgets to get his programs passed.

The only obstruction was coming from the American people who were aghast at what he was doing to us. You are giving him credit for working to overcome the will of the people.

When leaders do this, revolutions occur.

With a little luck, we'll have one in 2012.

I have seen no proof Obama saved GM&C. That had to be a pay-back. Outside of giving trillions to the wrong people & marching us into more conflicts, I think he is doing pretty well.

GM is profitable again.

Where have you been?

What the heck has Obama done so far?

There is nothing you can do to get white wingers to see the truth. They hate Obama. Calling him names (Kenyan Mau Mau and worse) proves that!

Worse, after 8 years of the worst president in the history of the US, they want to throw their failures on Obama yet take credit for Obama's successes (it was because of Bush Obama got Bin Laden). I've even heard Right wingers refer to Iraq as "Obama's war". Now that floored me.

41 months of recession. Support that.

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

You gonna stop blaming Al Qaeda for knocking down the WTC? Because I won't.

When somebody utterly destroys something..they don't lose the blame because someone is cleaning up the mess.

If you are referring to Ground Zero, then i would agree that the mess is getting cleaned.

If you are referring to the economy, I would agree that we've spent a whole big bunch of money and the situation has gotten messier.

This economy was not utterly destroyed. It had run into a problem that had been building for years and had blossomed. The Big 0 used about 4 trillion dollars to mollify his base and did nothing to correct the problems. Since he doesn't understand anything about the economy, he could not be expected to know that what he was doing was injuring it.

It's not his fault. He doesn't know what he's doing and he never did.

Our only job now is to limit the damage he is doing and try not to let him take us all down with him.

Obama is doing a good job.

He saved GM and Chrysler.

Obama and Bush and the Congress saved the country from a second Great Depression.

He got Bin Laden.

He reformed healthcare, not perfect, but a step in the right direction.

He reformed Wall Street.

He is keeping the Republicans from getting rid of Medicare and privatizing Social Security.

He restored America's image abroad.

His speech in Cairo had a particularly powerful effect.

He appointed a Supreme Court justice who will vote against the Opus Dei Republicans.

That's the short list. The longer list is contained at this link....

Obama's Accomplishments - BlueOregon

And he managed to do ALL that despite the most obstructionism ever experienced by a President. Yeah, he's doing a good job...and not getting anywhere near enough credit for the good he has done for our country.

You're kidding, right? He had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and an overwhelming majority in the House. Despite these majorities, his programs were so unpopular that he needed to use political gadgets to get his programs passed.

The only obstruction was coming from the American people who were aghast at what he was doing to us. You are giving him credit for working to overcome the will of the people.

President Obama never had a fillibuster proof majority. Ya'll seem to forget that Democrats aren't like Republicans. They don't march in lock step like the GnOP does.

What is it you think is the "will of the people"? More tax cuts to the rich? Gutting our education system? Destroying Unions? You might want to take another gander at the "will of the people".

President Obama never had a fillibuster proof majority. Ya'll seem to forget that Democrats aren't like Republicans. They don't march in lock step like the GnOP does.

What is it you think is the "will of the people"? More tax cuts to the rich? Gutting our education system? Destroying Unions? You might want to take another gander at the "will of the people".

fearmongering at it's finest.

I don't think he is doing a good job.

But I also don't think anyone out there would do any better.

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I just don't see how Mc Cain would have been any better???

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

With all of that said, are you planning to vote for him again in 2012?

He said that he did not vote for Obama.Not reading the posts before submitting replies does not show much in the thought department.

These are some of the toughest times i have ever lived in, and i am no spring chicken!

boomers retiring with higher medicare costs coming each year, higher government spending on child heathcare, and medicaid etc, the near banking collapse, the housing collapse, the higher unemployment and gvt spending on unemployment, fannie and freddie collapse, etc etc etc etc.... and beginning with a running deficit of $1.4 trillion before he turned in his own first budget...with $6 trillion added to the national debt in the previous 8 years....

I did not vote for Obama....i was a Hillary fan, and was pissed about several things that happened in the primary....i just couldn't vote for him!

But he is our president now and i support him as my President....I wish him and our country well! So far it ain't going as well as i wish, but i don't think it would be, even if hillary or mccain were in his shoes either!

I didn't vote for him in the first place, so there would be NO "again" on voting for him....

and my honest answer is I do not know....

it's too early to tell....

I need to research all the other candidates records and see if they appear to be better and there is a near year and a half time period before the lever needs to be pulled. that's a long time in Politics....

I could easily NOT vote for anyone, again.....if there is no one that i feel is worthy of the presidency.

There are things I would have done differently, but I'm relatively happy with his performance overall.

What was the name of the guy who won the election for the seat vacated by Ted Kennedy's passing? Didn't he run saying he'd be the 41st vote? It only takes 60 votes to pass something, anything, in the Senate. 60 votes is a filibuster proof majority.

Sadly, the Democrats did vote in lock step on many measures and the country is injured because of it.

The tax cuts were for all segments of society that paid taxes. Some had 100% of their burden relieved. These were not the rich.

Our education system has successfully transferred the standing of American students compared to those around the world from 1st to 20th. How do you gut something that has already been gutted? The system has been designed, expanded, guided and directed by the Liberal end of our political spectrum. They have spent more, delivered less and we now see a system that is heavily favoring the rich over the poor and letting all of our students regardless of class standing slip behind their international counterparts.

Unions need no help in destroying themselves. They have been diligent in that task throughout my lifetime and are now closing in on the final touches of their own suicide.

You seem to think that those who actually are doing something are not doing it. Our education system in failing us, not the other way around. Unions are making themselves obsolete due to their drive to make labor unproductive. Domcrats are so robot like that they are unwilling to use reason to address issues like abortion or voting rights.

You are out of touch with the actual reality of the world.

What was the name of the guy who won the election for the seat vacated by Ted Kennedy's passing? Didn't he run saying he'd be the 41st vote? It only takes 60 votes to pass something, anything, in the Senate. 60 votes is a filibuster proof majority.

Sadly, the Democrats did vote in lock step on many measures and the country is injured because of it.

The tax cuts were for all segments of society that paid taxes. Some had 100% of their burden relieved. These were not the rich.

Our education system has successfully transferred the standing of American students compared to those around the world from 1st to 20th. How do you gut something that has already been gutted? The system has been designed, expanded, guided and directed by the Liberal end of our political spectrum. They have spent more, delivered less and we now see a system that is heavily favoring the rich over the poor and letting all of our students regardless of class standing slip behind their international counterparts.

Unions need no help in destroying themselves. They have been diligent in that task throughout my lifetime and are now closing in on the final touches of their own suicide.

You seem to think that those who actually are doing something are not doing it. Our education system in failing us, not the other way around. Unions are making themselves obsolete due to their drive to make labor unproductive. Domcrats are so robot like that they are unwilling to use reason to address issues like abortion or voting rights.

You are out of touch with the actual reality of the world.

No, you view the world through your partisan, anti-Obama glasses and I view the world through mine.

The FACT is that Obama never had a veto-proof majority. He's always had the Olympia Snows, Ben Nelsons the douchey Liebermans to contend with. That's reality.

I didn't vote for him in the first place, so there would be NO "again" on voting for him....

and my honest answer is I do not know....

it's too early to tell....

I need to research all the other candidates records and see if they appear to be better and there is a near year and a half time period before the lever needs to be pulled. that's a long time in Politics....

I could easily NOT vote for anyone, again.....if there is no one that i feel is worthy of the presidency.

There would have to be huge turn around in everything for me to vote for him.

As far as not voting, somebody who is running will be the President after the 2012 election. If we are once again afflected by the evil of two lessers, one will seem to be less unjurious than the other.

I think everyone needs to vote regardless of how completely we have been let down by the selection process.

Sorry about not catching every word. I meant no offense.

Obama is a nice guy, but he's really a lousy President. He's the new Jimmy Carter. He's an utter failure.

Positives - OBL was caught on his watch. He also created the Tea Party when he rammed Obamacare down our throats with the LA Purchase, the Cornhusker Kickback, etc. So there were a few positives...Once we get rid of him and overturn Obamacare the country will recover.

Obama is a nice guy, but he's really a lousy President. He's the new Jimmy Carter. He's an utter failure.

Positives - OBL was caught on his watch. He also created the Tea Party when he rammed Obamacare down our throats with the LA Purchase, the Cornhusker Kickback, etc. So there were a few positives...Once we get rid of him and overturn Obamacare the country will recover.

George Bush inherited a budget surplus, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left us with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from a Great Depression, saved GM and Chrysler, kept the Republicans from killing Medicare and privatizing Social Security, and he got Bin Laden.

And he will be re-elected.

I mean we are about to go into a double recession if not worse a depression, gas prices are high, food prices are high the housing is no better. At some point you got to quit blaming Bush. The left still has not done a budget for next year but just want to bash Ryan for his. Even when they had control of Congress and the Senate and White house they still could not pass a budget. Obama says he is not at war with Libya but the latest we have heard they have boots on the ground and we are paying for most of this operation. He said he wanted to be transparent but had back room deals for his healthcare bill and in Pelosi district over 20 percent of the waivers were to her district. This is the same woman who said we would love this law once we read it but its not good enough for the people in San Fran.

We have to get on the same page. USA is broke. Medicare and SSI has to be overhauled. But instead of trying to do something about it they scare the elderly. This president plays more golf and goes on more vacation then any president. Even on memorial day he laid a wreath on the unknown soldier and then and went to play golf. Why not spend the day with Gold star family members who lost their military member in combat or go to Walter Reed and spend the day with the injured.
Do I think he needs some down time, Of course but he has taken it to the extreme!!!

Our only true ally in the middle east is Israel and Obama has disc the president of Israel twice but puts out the red carpet for communist China. Instead of raising the debt ceiling why dont we stop having China making everything for us and bring the jobs back to the USA. Why not drill in the gulf because China is about to drill right outside of Cuba so if there is an accident it will affect us anyway.. We need to quit relying on other countries and provide for ourselves.

He needs to stay out of State laws period. Quit putting his two cents into everyone business but he doesnt even do his own job!!

He says there is nothing wrong with our borders but a second rancher was killed on this side by the drug cartel in Mexico. It came out that our ATF is letting the guns go to Mexico
Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News . Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and but them at our borders because you know that more then illegal mexicans that are coming across from each border ie Canada.. I could go on but Im tired :redface:

No president is going to fix ALL problems, especially all at once. So the priority has been from the outset saving the economy from total meltdown. Only history will tell whether or not Obama chose the right path to stitch it up temporarily. All federal options have been exhausted, however, and it's high time the yammering private sector stepped up to the plate, stopped whining about obstacles, and either started spending its hoards by bailing out THEMSELVES (the smaller businesses that rely on Wall Street investors), or at the very least partnering with the federal government to bring the economy back to a solid return.

well we shall never know now shall we. Personally I think he would have done better. Not because of any Particular Policy specifically. But Because I think the Main Reason Obama is so bad, is not just that these are real hard times. It is because he is completely out of his Depth, and worse unwilling to admit it. In Fact not only unwilling to admit it, but arrogant to the Core. He believes his Policies are working, Despite over Whelming Evidence that they have not, and have in fact because the Debt Strain. Have Made things far worse in the long term out look.

IMO anyways.

These Problems were having with Medicare and SS were predicted by People who opposed them in the first place. Of course they were called heartless assholes, and fear mongers. When they said the system would eventually become unsustainable, and be abused. But they were right. Now were stuck with 2 systems that could destroy us, and are going to fail if we do nothing, Yet are so important to so many people that simply suggesting changing them at all is political Suicide.

Bad situation.

His policies ARE working, although if someone is still unemployed, they can't see it.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product
The increase in real GDP in the first quarter primarily reflected positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures (PCE), private inventory investment, exports, and nonresidential fixed investment that were partly offset by negative contributions from federal government spending and state and local government spending. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, increased.

One bad week of unemployment figures doesn't tell the overall story.

You cannot wish his policies well because they are a dismal failure.
Hillary Clinton would have been overwhelmed. Mc Cain would have been viewed as weak. He had no domestic policy.
I believe both McCain and Clinton would not have interfered and micromanaged the economy the way Obama has. Obama is anti- private sector. The other two know better.
A Hillary "fan"?.....Is that for real?

You cannot wish his policies well because they are a dismal failure.
Hillary Clinton would have been overwhelmed. Mc Cain would have been viewed as weak. He had no domestic policy.
I believe both McCain and Clinton would not have interfered and micromanaged the economy the way Obama has. Obama is anti- private sector. The other two know better.
A Hillary "fan"?.....Is that for real?

Your posts are pretty funny.

Obama has done a good job, but you can't admit it.

And Obama is not anti-private sector. He saved GM and Chrysler and the big banks.

Nice try, though, but telling lies over and over again doesn't make them the truth.

Against the current field of Republicans, I'd have to say yes if Obama is unchallenged. But if Biden decided he wanted that challenge, he would have my vote. For one thing, Biden has not been in total lockstep with everything Obama proposed. Biden had a different proposal for getting out of Afghanistan, which basically called for ending the centralized government of Kabul and proposing the tribes negotiate to separate the country based on regional requirements. Biden was against introducing health care at the outset, in light of the economic tsunami he could see coming. He is also highly respected by members of the Republican party for his vast experience and knowledge.

The challenge to a sitting president by his vice president hasn't happened since Hubert Humphrey jumped in to oppose LBJ and that was after it became clear that Johnson's couldn't win a second term.

Forum List

Back